What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

ZachNasty

I have been having troubles with only my blue dream strain in my green house. It's a great strain usually but seems to be wilting non stop and getting a huge bulge in the stock of the plant. I use soil and run synthetic nutes. It's on average 90-99 in there on a regular basis. If anyone can help me out let me know I'll post pics of them now

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 8

thejact55

This is actually interesting...cause it is not my plant. I hope it all turns out well for you.
It looks similar to a tree gall. Generally caused by a parasite or bacteria. Maybe search something along those lines.
Ive never seen anything like this before in cannabis, but in trees it is not uncommon.
Best of luck

Hooter

Never seen that before. I grow Grow Blue Dream but not in conditions that hot. My temps never exceed 85 degrees.
BLUE DREAM

ZachNasty

I've grown this same blue dream for 6 years now indoors and outdoors. This is year is the third year and it has never done this. I usually average about 8-10 lbs per plant on it but with these problems it seems it's not growing as well and all of the dreams in my greenhouse are doing this

Hooter

My guess some type of parasite since it's happening at soil level. Maybe have to do an autopsy and look for cysts.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Looks like hemp canker development, but hard to tell from pics.

Is it woody and hard, or soft and mushy in spots?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I've seen that on outdoor plants. Sometimes there is a little larva in there.
Have also seen it caused by some sort of mold or disease. Hard on the outside and brown and mushy inside. Sometimes the plant can live it's full cycle with that growth on it's stem but I've also seen it slowly kill the plant.

Drewsif

Get out your binoculars and see if you can read "Monsanto" on the tail of the planes flying over, spraying clouds of Cannabis attacking disease like they did back in 012.

ZachNasty

Thank you everyone for the reply. It's hard as a rock, not moldy feeling. I rele need to know how to get rid of it because it's on 5 of my plants out of 24 in my greenhouse. Any suggestions anyone?

Hooter

You might take it to your local university AG dept. They will know what it is. If not they will study it. Even a local nursery might know about it.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
If the plant is wilting, whatever is causing that bulge is going to kill it eventually.
I would slice it open and see what's in there and then clean it out then tape it up and hope for the best.

ZachNasty

Thank you guys, if they start to wilt again I'm going to do that. I just recently put about 2 inches of straw over the soil and I think it's cooling my root base down and it's helping them not wilt. If it does it again I'm going to cut it open and tape it shut like u guys suggested