What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana could be legal in New Jersey as soon as April

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s looking like the Garden State is about to plant some new greenery.
Following Democrat Phil Murphy’s victory in New Jersey’s gubernatorial election on Tuesday, marijuana legalization in the state could very quickly become a reality. The incoming governor, who won his race in a landslide, made cannabis legalization a key part of his campaign platform.
“The criminalization of marijuana has only served to clog our courts and cloud people’s futures, so we will legalize marijuana,” he said in his democratic primary election victory speech last June. “And while there are financial benefits, this is overwhelmingly about doing what is right and just.”
A bill to legalize cannabis was introduced into the New Jersey Senate last June by State Senator Nicholas Scutari, but with Republican Governor Chris Christie in office, it saw little hope of passing. Murphy’s election victory changes that narrative.
Murphy’s proposal would legalize the recreational use of that sweet, sticky devil’s lettuce across the state, which is just a stone’s throw away from Manhattan. He’s not going at it alone, either. Democrats now have full control of the state’s legislature, and are making the issue a key part of their agenda going into 2018. New Jersey Senate President told the Washington Examiner this week that he is confident that a marijuana legalization bill will be signed into law before April.
“This is something Murphy supports and I support it and I don’t think anyone is going to go out of their way to embarrass the governor,” Sweeney told the magazine. “It’s a priority and it’s something we’re going to need to do.”
If passed, New Jersey would become the ninth state in the country to legalize the recreational use of marijuana, and the first to do so through legislation instead of a ballot initiative.
Even though a New Jersey marijuana legalization bill could be signed into law in the first few months of 2018, it would still take a good while to go into effect.
“Even though a marijuana legalization bill could be passed in the first 100 days [of Murphy’s administration], that doesn’t mean that we’ll immediately see an adult-use program,” said Cristina Buccola, a lawyer who owns a boutique law firm focused on the cannabis industry. “Even with an aggressive timeline, it would likely take 18 months after the bill passes before adults 21 and older could start consuming cannabis.”
A decade ago, the prospect of legalizing marijuana for recreational use sounded like a pipe dream. But now it appears that the nation has reached a tipping point when it comes to allowing its citizens to get stoned. Eight states and the Disctrict of Columbia have already legalized cannabis for recreational use, and another 19 have medical marijuana programs on the books. In October, a new Gallup poll showed that a record high 64 percent of Americans support the legalization of marijuana.
While New Jersey seems poised to legalize cannabis next year, a similar bill has been caught up in the New York State Senate since last January.
https://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/marijuana-could-be-legal-in-new-jersey-as-soon-as-april-110917

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will New Jersey Legalize Marijuana In 2018?

Earlier this month Phil Murphy won the gubernatorial race in New Jersey, defeating Republican candidate Kim Guadagno by a substantial margin. One of the main things that Phil Murphy campaigned on was a pledge to legalize cannabis in New Jersey. After winning on Election Day Phil Murphy doubled down on that pledge, stating that he wanted to see cannabis legalized in New Jersey within the first 100 days after he takes office.
Cannabis policy and enforcement in New Jersey has been rough. In New Jersey, African Americans are arrested for cannabis at three times the rate of Caucasians according to an ACLU New Jersey analysis. Distribution of less than 1 ounce of cannabis in New Jersey carries a penalty of 1.5 years in jail and a $25,000 fine. The same is true for possession of any amount of cannabis over 50 grams, which is not that much cannabis when it’s brick weed. Cultivation of any amount of cannabis results in a mandatory sentence of no less than 3 years in prison and can be as much as 25 years in prison for over 50 plants.
New Jersey’s current Governor, Chris Christie, is one of the biggest cannabis opponents in the country. One of my favorite moments of 2017 was seeing a pro-cannabis candidate (Phil Murphy) replace outgoing Governor Chris Christie. Just because Phil Murphy was elected Governor of New Jersey does not automatically mean that cannabis will become legal in New Jersey during his term. I am confident that he will work as hard as he can to keep his campaign pledge, but it’s politics, so it’s entirely possible that he could abandon the idea.
Even if Phil Murphy gives a proper amount of time and energy towards pushing for legalization, such a public policy change requires that either a bill be passed by New Jersey’s Legislature, or the legislature refer the issue to voters during an election. Some concerns about legalization have been expressed by New Jersey lawmakers recently, and considering how slow the political process can be at times, it’s quite possible that New Jersey’s Legislature either drags its feet on legalization or outright opposes it.
As time goes by hopefully that proves to not be the case. 65% of New Jersey voters support marijuana legalization according to recent polling, and with a favorable Governor, legalization is very likely to occur in New Jersey next year. Especially considering that Maine and Massachusetts have already legalized on the East Coast, and Vermont is looking like it has a good chance to legalize via legislative action in 2018. Many other states in the region are looking at legalization, which all adds to the pressure for New Jersey to get out in front.
An estimate from a year ago projected that New Jersey could make 300 million dollars annually in cannabis industry tax revenue. That is not an unrealistic estimate given that Colorado is set to make well over 200 million dollars in taxes and fees from its regulated marijuana industry and New Jersey has nearly 3.5 million more people than Colorado. But every day that goes by impacts New Jersey’s potential cannabis revenue.
The first state to implement a taxed and regulated system on the East Coast is going to reap the most rewards in my opinion due to surrounding consumers flocking to said state. Massachusetts is going to be the first to do so short of another state pulling off a miracle. As each subsequent state implements a regulated cannabis industry, the ‘East Coast cannabis industry pie’ will get cut into progressively smaller slices. If states like Connecticut and New York legalize cannabis first, New Jersey’s industry will be dramatically affected.
Regardless of the industry benefits, New Jersey needs to legalize cannabis because it’s the right thing to do, which is a point that incoming New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy made this week, per NJ.com:
“There are concerns that people have that I accept and I understand,” he said. “But it’s clear as a bell to me what the right way going forward – given the alternatives.”
Will New Jersey legalize cannabis in 2018? I think so. What legalization in New Jersey will look like is yet to be determined. All other states that have legalized cannabis thus far have done so via a citizen initiative. New Jersey does not have a citizen initiative process, so all roads to legalization go through New Jersey’s Legislature. It’s likely that New Jersey’s legalization model will be much more restrictive than other states that have previously legalized cannabis.
What do Weed News readers think? Do you think that New Jersey will legalize in 2018? If not in 2018, when, if ever? For those that think that New Jersey will legalize cannabis, what do you think that legalization model will look like? Will home cultivation be allowed?
https://www.weednews.co/will-new-jersey-legalize-marijuana-in-2018/

hockeyblue22

NJ Status?

NJ Status?

Hello,

I am new to these forums and want to say HI to everyone around the world!

I am from NJ, USA... roughly 25min drive from NYC. I personally, HATE the State of NJ. After 8 years of Chris Christie, watching the opiate epidemic grow out of control, losing 2 of my best friends as they overdosed and passed on... I am SO GLAD to see Christie go BYE!

If you are from NJ, you probably caught his NJ Reach aka NJ Opiate Assistance commercials that he tried to fuel his little girlfriend Kim G's campaign with. It took this guy 8, EIGHT YEARS to acknowledge this issue?! Where was he, Burger King, the state police helicopter riding up and down the state looking for a WaWa or Sonic to land on and grub out... and oh id you do not know who Chris Christie is, he was the guy that battled head to head with the current President (Trump) during the Republican Campaigns, then when he lost totally jumped on the Trump Train.

Before leaving office THANK GOD, he started an opiate "Recovery" program, I researched it a bit and it is NOT Recovery, it's basically NJ tossing out Suboxone (Buprenorphine) and Methadone. I will not hate on Subutex/Suboxone as I know it has helped many I know get off the street drugs and pain pills, unfortunately it is just ANOTHER chemical dependency, and once the NJ Reach program eventually falls apart, all those poor souls will be hooked on an even harder, worse drug to come off of... and probably return to the streets.

As for Methadone, LOL.. I've met several individuals who were members of Meth clinics, and it didn't help not ONE of them a damned bit... it just tossed more fuel on the fire, and if you ever drive by one of these clinics, which are mainly disguised as "Mental/Behavioral Health Clinics" you see zombies laying around all day, not working, they have to be at these "centers" by 7-8am, and spend half their day there... so how can they possibly hold jobs and better their lives? I know Recovery is not an easy process as I have been through it myself.

Back to NJ and Phil Murphy, I am really wondering how the process is going. Heck yeah I voted for him, as a lifetime Republican I tossed out my R card and clicked the D's down the line :eek: NJ is a god awful mess, Legalized marijuana would absolutely HELP with the opiate issue, as well as get money out of the hands of criminals... which is actually almost verbatim word for word out of Murphy's mouth. He is absolutely right, we need to put an end to these street pot dealers who play God, as well as take advantage of anyone they can... they are almost all dishonest, unprofessional, and give marijuana the bad name it obviously has.

NJ has another issue, several employers are implementing, or trying to establish drug policies, my company itself is currently "randomly" drug testing individuals, and if they fail for marijuana they are "suspended" and put on "part-time" or paid less off the books with the illegal immigrants/undocumented workers we have, and we have close to 2 dozen +... another issue that maybe our new Commander in Chief will eventually resolve. So these undocumented workers can show their fake driver's licenses they get from Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and Pennsylvania, how they get them? I have no idea..... but our company gladly scans them, and keeps them hidden off the books, and pay them cash... no taxes paid, there is a reason why 75% of our staff have digital ID Swipe Cards to log in/out with. And the undocumented employees have a time punch card station off to the side... pathetic, I'm sorry, just pathetic and I cannot stand it as a lifetime NJ resident, born and raised in the USA.

I really hope NJ passed the law ASAP, because I see several of my co-workers who I know smoke Cannabis being asked to take drug tests, however our company is so corrupt and unorganized, they let the employees schedule their drug tests. Heck, I've got one coming up and straight up told my manager that I am NOT taking a drug test unless I am shown our drug policy (which is none existent!) I, as well as my co-workers were NEVER warned upon hiring of ANY drug policy, in the past they generally tested the "old-timers", the guys that you know are 100% sober and clean... for their "insurance purposes", which I was told by my manager... which is why I am being forced to be drug tested in now 7 weeks as I scheduled my drug test... I've smoked heavy for the past 15+ years, on and off at time, obviously off at the moment.

It's so frustrating, I apologize for the lengthy post, but seriously someone give me a break. I came to this company after bailing on 1 part time job and 1 full-time position where I was FREE! I only left because I was basically invited with open arms right before the holiday season... now since it's the beginning of the year it's apparently "pee pee time", it's such a joke.. I made a huge fuss about it and was threatened to have my hours cut, OT and all. So now I have to stop vaping (my preferred method w/ flower)... which even my doctor recommends over opiates as I have a lot of pain from growing up playing ice hockey for 20+ years as well as a few slips and falls during these lovely Jersey Winters.

I really wish someone would show me a law regarding drug testing in the State of NJ... I am so sick of NJ. I know a lot of employers are starting to try and use the Federal Government as an excuse, yet we do NOTHING for them, and they do NOTHING for us... besides TAX TAX TAX. So even when/if cannabis is legalized, we will still have to fight for our jobs vs employers that are simply discriminating and picking on suspected cannabis users... ugh, terrible, upsetting, I'm sick.

igrowone

Veteran
go NJ go!
that would be 3 on the NY border, Ma, Vt, and NJ
another turn of the screw on the dork governor we have in NY
he wants the presidency bad, i count on his weasel instincts to do the 'right' thing

nickman

Veteran
Well that sucks. That’s what it’s all about, being able to grow it yourself so ur don’t have to pay ridiculous prices...

hockeyblue22

I know that people want to grow their own... but just the legalization is the first step and Gov Murphy said he would sign the bill ASAP when in office, the first day he took office (or 2nd) he was on Channel 4 News NBC and said he was going to do it... "ASAP", and what I mentioned above that the money needs to come out of the "criminals" hands, and well into the other "criminal's hands" IMO being the Govt, but well, whatever lol.. as long as it's legal.

He is so confident he was/is going to pass this that he mentioned anyone that was arrested with marijuana (probably 50g or less) could possibly have their records "expunged" once the legalization passes. I have no idea about that, but that would certainly be nice for a lot of people. As for dealers, I don't know what their fate is.

I'm at the point in my life where I don't care if I have to pay $25-30 for a gram, compared to the regular $20. Nobody buys little anymore unless your a high school kid, where anyone under 21 would be breaking the law anywhere.

I watched people killing themselves for 3+ years while I worked at a liquor store... so making marijuana legal REALLY CAN NOT hurt this damned state anymore, especially with the opiate epidemic. Old people (sorry not generalizing) & the Federal Government need to stop living in the Reagan Era. Everyone still thinks people that smoke pot are all like Bill Murray from Caddyshack... aka the Greenskeeper. And They need to get out of the dark ages... if my Primary Care Doctor who I have routine checkups with throughout the year says marijuana is great, jeez... that's all I need to hear. Because he's a DOCTOR! He knows what's alright for my body no?

Ranting sorry. As for NY, I feel bad for the idiot politicians up there, I live 25min away from NYC and refuse to go there to socialize or anything, it's too expensive, now all they (the politicians) are worried about are charging people to drive down street's in the city, criminal! And last night I heard the State of NY has to remove all their I Love NY Sign's off the highways because the federal government will not give them funding for the highways... and well the mayor or governor, forget which, is really screwing the residents of NY as they are paying taxes out the whazoo already!

NY is great, heck the police could careless about marijuana, walk through the damned Bronx or Harlem, police don't even turn an eye if they see someone smoking "something" on the street... as long as no gun shots are heard, they don't care... kinda like Newark and most of the cities/towns around Newark, NJ.

Small towns like mine, richie WASP towns, have police dept's that thrive on arresting individuals on marijuana, my best friend lost his job as the head lacrosse coach and English teacher at our old HS because he was caught with LESS than 1g! He lost his job teaching, and his job coaching.. 2 things he worked his entire life for.... pathetic! That is how our town is though, a bunch of tight buttholed a-holes...

So yeah, NJ, Murphy, need to send a message and LEGALIZE for the love of Jebus! Shut these nay sayers living in the Nancy era up. Law enforcement should just focus on getting the cocaine and heroine and other crap that has killed my friends on the streets.

And honestly, we all know once it's legalized people will probably continue to sell illegally, and that's the dilemma, supposedely Murphy & Scutari the two Democrats about to pass the Legalization visited every state MJ is already legalized in, and said they came up with something like a "Hybrid Theory" to take all the good, and leave all the states, and do it a "new and better way". Great, I don't care just do it... I know my POS Dealer will never stop selling, I know he won't ever stop or attempt to go through the proper channels to be a legalized "seller/grower" whatever... he's a 30 year old man that can't even wipe his own bum.. and he's greedy, and he hasn't paid taxes ever in his life... so you think someone like that is going to fall in line? So people should not worry about losing their dealers, etc... they will still be around... but fine's and laws will most likely be stricter.

I could go on and on, but I love hearing from others... NJ is a terrible place to live, I've been considering leaving for some time. But with family and loved ones here, as well as great employment (and awesomely high taxes.. $30k a year in property taxes!).... It is HARD to just pick up and go.

ridnovir

I know that people want to grow their own... but just the legalization is the first step and Gov Murphy said he would sign the bill ASAP when in office, the first day he took office (or 2nd) he was on Channel 4 News NBC and said he was going to do it... "ASAP", and what I mentioned above that the money needs to come out of the "criminals" hands, and well into the other "criminal's hands" IMO being the Govt, but well, whatever lol.. as long as it's legal.

He is so confident he was/is going to pass this that he mentioned anyone that was arrested with marijuana (probably 50g or less) could possibly have their records "expunged" once the legalization passes. I have no idea about that, but that would certainly be nice for a lot of people. As for dealers, I don't know what their fate is.

I'm at the point in my life where I don't care if I have to pay $25-30 for a gram, compared to the regular $20. Nobody buys little anymore unless your a high school kid, where anyone under 21 would be breaking the law anywhere.

I watched people killing themselves for 3+ years while I worked at a liquor store... so making marijuana legal REALLY CAN NOT hurt this damned state anymore, especially with the opiate epidemic. Old people (sorry not generalizing) & the Federal Government need to stop living in the Reagan Era. Everyone still thinks people that smoke pot are all like Bill Murray from Caddyshack... aka the Greenskeeper. And They need to get out of the dark ages... if my Primary Care Doctor who I have routine checkups with throughout the year says marijuana is great, jeez... that's all I need to hear. Because he's a DOCTOR! He knows what's alright for my body no?

Ranting sorry. As for NY, I feel bad for the idiot politicians up there, I live 25min away from NYC and refuse to go there to socialize or anything, it's too expensive, now all they (the politicians) are worried about are charging people to drive down street's in the city, criminal! And last night I heard the State of NY has to remove all their I Love NY Sign's off the highways because the federal government will not give them funding for the highways... and well the mayor or governor, forget which, is really screwing the residents of NY as they are paying taxes out the whazoo already!

NY is great, heck the police could careless about marijuana, walk through the damned Bronx or Harlem, police don't even turn an eye if they see someone smoking "something" on the street... as long as no gun shots are heard, they don't care... kinda like Newark and most of the cities/towns around Newark, NJ.

Small towns like mine, richie WASP towns, have police dept's that thrive on arresting individuals on marijuana, my best friend lost his job as the head lacrosse coach and English teacher at our old HS because he was caught with LESS than 1g! He lost his job teaching, and his job coaching.. 2 things he worked his entire life for.... pathetic! That is how our town is though, a bunch of tight buttholed a-holes...

So yeah, NJ, Murphy, need to send a message and LEGALIZE for the love of Jebus! Shut these nay sayers living in the Nancy era up. Law enforcement should just focus on getting the cocaine and heroine and other crap that has killed my friends on the streets.

And honestly, we all know once it's legalized people will probably continue to sell illegally, and that's the dilemma, supposedely Murphy & Scutari the two Democrats about to pass the Legalization visited every state MJ is already legalized in, and said they came up with something like a "Hybrid Theory" to take all the good, and leave all the states, and do it a "new and better way". Great, I don't care just do it... I know my POS Dealer will never stop selling, I know he won't ever stop or attempt to go through the proper channels to be a legalized "seller/grower" whatever... he's a 30 year old man that can't even wipe his own bum.. and he's greedy, and he hasn't paid taxes ever in his life... so you think someone like that is going to fall in line? So people should not worry about losing their dealers, etc... they will still be around... but fine's and laws will most likely be stricter.

I could go on and on, but I love hearing from others... NJ is a terrible place to live, I've been considering leaving for some time. But with family and loved ones here, as well as great employment (and awesomely high taxes.. $30k a year in property taxes!).... It is HARD to just pick up and go.

Right on bro. I work in NYC and plan to move to NJ to raise my young family there. I hope the NJ would not be as terrible as Brooklyn LOL. You must live in a very nice town to pay such coin in taxes.

hockeyblue22

Ehhhh yes I suppose. There are a lot of really nice towns in NJ to raise your children, as close as we are to Newark, Elizabeth, and Plainfield (which are garbage obviously)... sadly a lot of people look at the average SAT scores of public high schools and we rank pretty high... hell I scored 1100/1600 lol. I'm an idiot compared to my classmates, but that was back in 03? Yikes getting old. But definitely check into Union, Somerset, Morris, Mercer, and Middlesex Counties... I would totally recommend Middlesex County, more so South as South Plainfield and Piscataway are pretty dumpy and dangerous, lots of drugs and white trash.. but who am I to judge.. but we're thinking children so safer the better.

I am in my mid 30's and moved back in with my family a few years ago, my apartment with my buddy was not worth $700+ a month (was roughly $1500 for 2-3 of us.. and 1 of our clown friends just mooched so I bounced, screwed him over as he had to move back in with his parents too hehe)...... considering I traveled a lot for work, work too damned much and never home anyway.... now shopping around again for a place of my own, but can't find anything larger than a shoe-box in a nice area for less than $900-1000+ a month. I refuse to live in a town or city like Elizabeth, Irvington, or Plainfield and dodge bullets on a daily basis....

Jersey is beautiful, especially South Jersey... but unfortunately the schools aren't as great IMO.. sorry South Jersey, just the truth... I've got family down there and they dumb, but maybe not so much as they have houses our size and pay like $8K a year in taxes in Cumberland County, and also have like 1+ acre, nothing crazy, I think we have like 1600 square feet or whatever we have in Union County.

taxes are getting hard to justify in union county sure very good to raise your kids in but Morris county is nice too and 2/3 less taxes.
I love jersey
in the middle is so covenant I love it and get socked in taxes but its nice.
will be better if we could grow.:biggrin:

hockeyblue22

taxes are getting hard to justify in union county sure very good to raise your kids in but Morris county is nice too and 2/3 less taxes.
I love jersey
in the middle is so covenant I love it and get socked in taxes but its nice.
will be better if we could grow.:biggrin:

Oh yeah a lot of people are ditching Union County, crap I would say what town I live in.. let's just say it's the really WASPy one aka the White-Field lol..... It's beautiful, but we are looking to move out, unfortunately a few of my family members and I work at the same place in county about 5min away, besides that nice commute I have no idea why else we are still here.. it's hard to convince family to uproot and leave after 30+ years here, and we have family in town in another house... so it's like 2x the taxes.. I could only imagine how much more money we would have if we sold both houses, heck we could all live together in a 4-5 bedroom.. and I'd love Morris County, heck I played hockey out there for a decade as a child.

As for the growing, heck yeah. I'd have no idea where to start, but I know friends that I could pawn those duties off to that sit around home aka "work from homers"... and they would be amazing at it knowing them and their dedication and interest.

I actually spoke to a lady at the botanical/flower shop I used to work next to, and she said she would 100% go through whatever proper channels to be a distro center if she knew what to do and if I could help her... so I would and will totally be taking her up on that offer, especially considering it's conviniently placed between a liquor store and a pharmacy lol...

Glad to hear from someone from Jersey, stay well and Lets Go Devils!

I really hope NJ passed the law ASAP, because I see several of my co-workers who I know smoke Cannabis being asked to take drug tests, however our company is so corrupt and unorganized, they let the employees schedule their drug tests. Heck, I've got one coming up and straight up told my manager that I am NOT taking a drug test unless I am shown our drug policy (which is none existent!) I, as well as my co-workers were NEVER warned upon hiring of ANY drug policy, in the past they generally tested the "old-timers", the guys that you know are 100% sober and clean... for their "insurance purposes", which I was told by my manager... which is why I am being forced to be drug tested in now 7 weeks as I scheduled my drug test... I've smoked heavy for the past 15+ years, on and off at time, obviously off at the moment.

I really wish someone would show me a law regarding drug testing in the State of NJ... I am so sick of NJ. I know a lot of employers are starting to try and use the Federal Government as an excuse, yet we do NOTHING for them, and they do NOTHING for us... besides TAX TAX TAX. So even when/if cannabis is legalized, we will still have to fight for our jobs vs employers that are simply discriminating and picking on suspected cannabis users... ugh, terrible, upsetting, I'm sick.

Even if they pass medical and recreational they will still discriminate and they will still drug test almost all full time jobs that have any type of responsibility. The reason they do this like here in California is because even though people who are employed dont work for the government and have nothing to do with them, other then have the government steal(tax) money from them, is because they have federal contracts. Any job that has workmans comp insurance for example will drug test you and Fail/fire you for turning up dirty for THC regardless if you have your medical script and you could even have the doctor there physically telling them you need your cannabis and it wont help. If they dont honor their federal contracts they will be in violation and they will loose things like their workmans comp. Sadly after many years of the piss test most jobs that you would want to apply for ( anything making $18+ an hour ) not only makes you drug test but since the piss kits now days are everywhere and are cheap as shit they have started doing the on the spot swab tests where they swab you first thing so they dont waste their time giving you the interview and possibly get their hopes up just to find out your addicted to opiates and weed lol. Until its federally legal if its regulated by OSHA, labor board, or any other government agency they wont accept positive THC tests under any circumstance :(

Oh yeah a lot of people are ditching Union County, crap I would say what town I live in.. let's just say it's the really WASPy one aka the White-Field lol..... It's beautiful, but we are looking to move out, unfortunately a few of my family members and I work at the same place in county about 5min away, besides that nice commute I have no idea why else we are still here.. it's hard to convince family to uproot and leave after 30+ years here, and we have family in town in another house... so it's like 2x the taxes.. I could only imagine how much more money we would have if we sold both houses, heck we could all live together in a 4-5 bedroom.. and I'd love Morris County, heck I played hockey out there for a decade as a child.

As for the growing, heck yeah. I'd have no idea where to start, but I know friends that I could pawn those duties off to that sit around home aka "work from homers"... and they would be amazing at it knowing them and their dedication and interest.

I actually spoke to a lady at the botanical/flower shop I used to work next to, and she said she would 100% go through whatever proper channels to be a distro center if she knew what to do and if I could help her... so I would and will totally be taking her up on that offer, especially considering it's conviniently placed between a liquor store and a pharmacy lol...

Glad to hear from someone from Jersey, stay well and Lets Go Devils!

we will never leave its too nice here:)

think I know where your taking about on south ave
big devil fan too ...bad last few nights we need points its crunch time

@Knotty_Budz
if you are getting drug tested now it will be no different unless the company does not want results for that anymore.
its private business they can do what they want

hockeyblue22

we will never leave its too nice here:)

think I know where your taking about on south ave
big devil fan too ...bad last few nights we need points its crunch time

@Knotty_Budz
if you are getting drug tested now it will be no different unless the company does not want results for that anymore.
its private business they can do what they want

Spot on sir, hehe. I worked at the liquor store next to it for 4+ years, it was a nice job until the owner hired a 70yr old man and destroyed the flow of chemistry between the co-workers (all 3-4 of us), took a huge chunk of our hours away... I would NEVER shop there if I drank, which I rarely do. Everyone if lucky enough would get 39.75 hours and was told they were Full-Time if they worked over 25 hours, I think he needs to review what Full-Time is... I know some REAL companies like Starbucks offer benefits and stuff if you work 25+ hours a week and it's called "Full-time Eligibility" or something, but he offered NOTHING, the guy made me leave the hospital while a family member was in hospice and I really should have told him to shove it... but I went into work for a few hours and when I got home I got the bad news we lost a close family member. All because this greedy owner did not want to stay 3-4 hours, his life was more important than mine.. and all his employees.. and the old fart couldn't lock the store via alarm 4-5 digit alarm code without setting off the damned alarm.. sigh.

I was so heated, especially because this "Master Liquor Store Employee", a Lifer in the retail alcohol industry that has lost several store's their licenses for selling to minors as he never cards could NOT close by himself... when I got my raise he slashed my hours from 35-39.75 to about 30 if I was lucky... so yeah that place can suck it! As for the Flower lady, so awesome.... really nice woman and I hope her business does well.. but god forbid you park in the parking lot for too long the Liquor Store Owner will probably call the cops and try and ticket people.. which he's attempted several times... but the Police would just come and laugh lol.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My 1st job job was working at the T&W's right on south next to caciola place. It was one of the best Italian deli's on earth then. That was when riots were going on in the late 60's and yes they burned caciola place, that town then built all new airconded apartments and before anyone could move in they stole the a/c units.

prune

Veteran
South ave was the "bad" side of the tracks (downwind), so it was preferred by frugal immigrants in that golden age of small business. there were great (survivor) Italian deli's all along south ave, from Elizabeth till past Plainfield into the 70's before fast food poisoned America.
Couldn't ever imagine a dispensary being allowed in Westfield...

holy shit small world :biggrin:

well f westfield(r)one if those towns that would ban it now even before anything is legal
union can use a dispensary to fill a few empty spaces down town
R.P is like empty on westfield ave but a big wawa is coming by the gps entrances,that would be cool ,gas weed beach lol

22 might be great area for them too