What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KERALA+KASHMIR (JAN. - MAR.2018)

danlilker

Hello everybody. Am going to india and staying there from beginning of Jan 2018 till first week of march*
I have a dilemma and thus unsure of the decision... Will be landing in goa (jan 2018) and i know that, down there, harvest only starts by end of December, so the stuff will be fresh and i'd go to Kerala to find me beans. Do you know when would be the best time to go to Kerala and collect the seeds? Does the freshness of the plants impact/affect the quality of the seeds?

Same question as above but for Kashmir. Up there it will be cold and i don't think they (the farmers) will have started their growing season (latitude 34 therefore northern hemisphere). Do you think that if i go first up there in Kashmir i could be lucky and find seeds from the previous season(2017)?*

What do you reckon wouuld be best to do? *(my feeling is that it's be better to go up to kashmir in January, though cold and wait a bit longer to go to Kerala, say february, like that i'd go down with my (hopefully) kashmiri seeds while*the plants in kerala will be harvested and their *seeds ready).

Eagerly awaiting to read your thoughts.

Cheers
Dan

W

Water-

you need to choose between the north or the south unless you enjoy carrying around a pack full of clothes you are not using.

just go south and stay there.

you'll find good herb in Goa. and you can collect the seeds from that.

danlilker

you need to choose between the north or the south unless you enjoy carrying around a pack full of clothes you are not using.

just go south and stay there.

you'll find good herb in Goa. and you can collect the seeds from that.

hi water and thanks for your reply. why can't i go to both places? i dont have to carry around a pack full of clothes because i can buy them once in the north and leave them to some1 who cannot afford to buy clothes when i go back down to goa (just my thoughts).

have you been to kashmir? any place to recommend where i could try and score some "presents" to bring back home with me?

Same question for Kerala

Cheers
Dan

Hoypare.

Kashmir your first port of call will probably be Srinagar,most likely your going to be staying on a houseboat for a short period,ask one of the shikars or get into the city and ask around,the shikars used to supply hash (Kashmiri twist) so they are a good starting point for your quest,enjoy your trip.

solcanario

Hello everybody. Am going to india and staying there from beginning of Jan 2018 till first week of march*
I have a dilemma and thus unsure of the decision... Will be landing in goa (jan 2018) and i know that, down there, harvest only starts by end of December, so the stuff will be fresh and i'd go to Kerala to find me beans. Do you know when would be the best time to go to Kerala and collect the seeds? Does the freshness of the plants impact/affect the quality of the seeds?

Same question as above but for Kashmir. Up there it will be cold and i don't think they (the farmers) will have started their growing season (latitude 34 therefore northern hemisphere). Do you think that if i go first up there in Kashmir i could be lucky and find seeds from the previous season(2017)?*

What do you reckon wouuld be best to do? *(my feeling is that it's be better to go up to kashmir in January, though cold and wait a bit longer to go to Kerala, say february, like that i'd go down with my (hopefully) kashmiri seeds while*the plants in kerala will be harvested and their *seeds ready).

Eagerly awaiting to read your thoughts.

Cheers
Dan

Hi man, I hope your trip is going well
give us some updates because I'm planning a trip to india next winter and would be nice to have some more infos
thanks, enjoy!!

mecum

Hi man, I hope your trip is going well
give us some updates because I'm planning a trip to india next winter and would be nice to have some more infos
thanks, enjoy!!

If it is not too late already: What you want to know about India ?

Cheers