What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buds forming on leaves!?

OldPhart

This is the second time I have seen this, I was just wondering how rare this is? I have one plant that has thrown like 5 of these.
picture.php

I have heard, not seen this before. I think it was a beanhorder hybrid description.
You should keep the cut. Probably the highest yielding trim you could grow!

igrowone

Veteran
i see this sort of thing posted from time to time
rare, not sure just how rare, but there are threads on icmag showing this trait

C

Columbo

Had this myself on an unnamed strain a while back. It only happened on one fan and was the one and only time I used Superthrive.

Mo. G

I would suggest I.L breeding a male plant from the same make-up with that particular clone until you get the results you want. Good luck!

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I probably have 100-150 different pictures of this type of mutation on my hard drive. Maybe more. All stolen from the internet. I was thinking of making an album.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
It's an undesirable trait to breeders as the logic is that the leaf buds detract energy that could be directed to the main buds...

:tiphat:

I've read that it's an undesirable trait before but the reason why wasn't stated.

I can totally see the logic but I've noticed that buds on the plants that sometimes display this trait are often extremely resinous.

I don't wanna say more so than buds from plants that rarely display this trait but to me..... they seem just as resinous.as extremely resinous buds that don't display the trait.

The extra resin on the petioles and leaves doesn't seem to make the buds any less resinous. If that makes more sense.

The plants seem like they're hyper female!lol the extra resin, to me seems to be a fair trade off for the energy it takes to produce one calyx on a leaf or two or three.:)

I could see it being an issue if a plant was to produce much more than one or even one on every leaf but plants that produce actual little budson the leaf, not just a single flower seem to be really really rare as Ive only found a hand full of pics. I've never seen a plant with a flower on every leaf. Usually it's just a few.

These are just my thoughts and odservations. science was not used. I've not conducted any tests.

I do like the novelty of it.

Last edited:
Found it:

Bean*******'s @ HD:

Blockhead F5 Potent pheno regular

Indoor
The potent pheno has the long slender leaf structure. If you have the book Cannabible #3, it looks like the first picture. The two smallest fingers of the leaf tend to point straight up or even slightly forward (sometimes called the devils horn). Changes to a crazing mottled yellow, purple color late in flowing. Oddly, sometime little buds grow out of the center of the leaf. Slightly taller, it packs a devastating trippy buzz not easily forgotten.

Indoor flowering 8 weeks

OldPhart: What strain is this happening too?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've seen it happen twice on OGKB 2.0 and once on Glue Breath.
only seems to happen on runs that are going extremely well, not a regular thing.

picture.php

GlueBreath
picture.php

picture.php

chronosync

Well-stoned member
bag seed showing this trait in flower from seed and the cut did also when i ran it again, definitely going to keep growing this one she stinks too, like sweet gas/fruit/skunk and i have reason to believe its a cherry pie offspring. dont really care i love this plant :)
sorry for the flipped pic but at least its in sunlight

B

bigganjabud

Tbh I'd be happy to see it in my tent as it'd deffo add to the old butane pile