What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w HPS, fem Jack Herer, ScrOG, organic soil

Elucka

Lonely Lady

Hey!
Starting new grow with one feminized Jack Herer plant. Actually my first grow with just one plant and also first with horizontal ScrOG.
Dimensions of cabinet are (H)51 x (W)38 x (D)41 cm, covered with mylar. ScrOG doesn't have screen/net yet but only body made from pieces of wood I found from the yard. Soil is organic, good quality soil from market. All I need is one or two more fans for ventilation so I can put also homemade carbonfilter in, but it's not so necessary yet.

OueaS

Hi! Thats gonna be great micro i guess :) In few weeks, i will start near the same project in the box size 44W 46D 50H, using 100W DIY led light. We can compare then. Can you tell me what fan will you use? Im having also DIY carbon filter and im thinking about some 5W 12 DC Fan 12x12cm. You are probably going to take hot air from cooltube, huh?

Elucka

Hi! Thats gonna be great micro i guess :) In few weeks, i will start near the same project in the box size 44W 46D 50H, using 100W DIY led light. We can compare then. Can you tell me what fan will you use? Im having also DIY carbon filter and im thinking about some 5W 12 DC Fan 12x12cm. You are probably going to take hot air from cooltube, huh?

Nice! Interesting to compare when you have led, would be great to see some pics how it goes :)
I have no idea about fan, but maybe some semi-silent and cheap computer fan or two working together. Something really similiar with your size, I think cooltube diameter is 12,5 cm.
And air is going through the cooltube, of course.

Elucka

Growing growing.. :dance013:
Today I'm going to give some water for first time with Bio Nova Micro Mix. She's having small amount of yellowish colour on leafs, same was in the beginning of last grow when plants were young and green colour came back when added some BN Micro Mix. Seems that this soil is quite poor with micro nuts.. and it is weird because it's very high quality compost soil and normally this soil gives healthy life for hemp for long time.

Wow! Really nice cabin!! Whats you temp in there?

What breeder of Jack herer? Ive got a Greenhouse probably around 2010 that is running now.

best wishes:tiphat:

Elucka

Thanks!
Well I haven't installed ventilation yet so temps depends how open door is. Usually I keep it almost closed when temps are around 25 celcius. At night it's too cold there.. I think something like 12 degrees, depends how cold and windy it's outside, because cabin is at very cold corner in house. Maybe I should move it but can't see any stress there so haven't worried very much.
I can't remember which breeder, but I think it's from Greenhouse.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That sounds great and as you say, if you cant see any stress go for it! What about odor control? maybe thats not a problem for ya?

I really need to test a 150w HPS but im afraid that the heat is gonna be massive in my cabinet...

This is gonna get really fun watching this.

Best wishes :tiphat:
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That sounds great and as you say, if you cant see any stress go for it! What about odor control? maybe thats not a problem for ya?

I really need to test a 150w HPS but im afraid that the heat is gonna be massive in my cabinet...

This is gonna get really fun watching this.

Best wishes
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] :tiphat:
[/FONT]

Cant edit and the damn text went white..

Elucka

Actually now when I started thinking temps and stress, I found that for sure that yellowish colour on leaves comes from cold stress. Googled it and there was couple pics of cold stress and looks exactly like mine. And of course, it makes a lot of sense.
So thank you so much for asking about temps, it made me think and gave me a big answer! Now I really have to move cabin soon

Actually now when I started thinking temps and stress, I found that for sure that yellowish colour on leaves comes from cold stress. Googled it and there was couple pics of cold stress and looks exactly like mine. And of course, it makes a lot of sense.
So thank you so much for asking about temps, it made me think and gave me a big answer! Now I really have to move cabin soon

If you want to be real sure about the yellowish color make a thread in the Cannabis Infirmary and let the more experienced chime in and help you out!

:tiphat:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Kiloz

Looking good man! Good luck :)

And yes, the Cannabis Infirmary forum is where you want to post picture of your troubled plant.

Elucka

Well I believe that I got answer to that problem but thank you for telling that! If there comes some problems in future I know where help is found :)

Elucka

Visiting on friend for almost one week and worried how she is doing alone.. happily in vain!
Just little bit more and she will reach to the scrog that is waiting for her! :good:

picture.php

Kiloz

Almost, she was five days alone ^^

I was going to type something like "how could you do that?!". But then i remembered i left mine for 20 days :laughing:

But i love leaving them for a couple of days cus i always get so surprised over how fast they've grow :)

Elucka

ScrOG is on! :dance013:
Wondering when she need watering for first time, still none signs for it. Soil is getting pretty dry from deep so I think soon.

picture.php

picture.php