What's new

Help identify this Clone---Old School labeled Afghan Kush

Bobo Face

Old School clone picked up from a club a long time ago...more than five years. Has been a keeper ever since. Tried many other Afghan Kush clones but nothing matches up.

Has a coffee smell and a pungent taste.

Bobo Face

This one veges pretty quick, flowers quick, easy to clone and very mold resistant, I grew Bubba once and it seemed to lack these traits...

Bluewidow

This one veges pretty quick, flowers quick, easy to clone and very mold resistant, I grew Bubba once and it seemed to lack these traits...

Hmm ya that doesn't sound like bubba itself, but as for a cross to increase veg speeds isn't unheard of! ;) Crossed and BX'd? maybe something more to that affect.

B

BasementGrower

what about Bubba x afghan 76?? making it bubba 76? whatever it is.. it looks great.. what kinda smells she putting off?

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Northern club? - Oregon or more of a Cali club cut?....
Bobo...great smell thru veg/bloom but more of a slight acrid-afghan tone?....very pungent in veg?.....
much easier and faster to manage than Bubba..
Cures to a sweet fig-incense caramel-coffee mild kush tone?...Very wide effect profile?...making Bubba look like a 1 note instrument compared?..
do yo have more pics?...possibly veg..and earlier bloom?..
all good man..just tryin to help but so far its looking like a Kush dom breed..but all I could say by info atm...
theres about 8 or more lines that could prod these traits..so show lil ore and it might connect to ppl...
keep rollin
FOE20

Bobo Face

what about Bubba x afghan 76?? making it bubba 76? whatever it is.. it looks great.. what kinda smells she putting off?

Thanks for the comment, puts off a nice sharp pungent coffee smell...Not a finicky plant to grow, very simple...Clones really easy, finishes really quick. Under cold conditions (winter season) it'll exhibit some nice dark purple tones..Really big fan leaves..

Bobo Face

Northern club? - Oregon or more of a Cali club cut?....
Bobo...great smell thru veg/bloom but more of a slight acrid-afghan tone?....very pungent in veg?.....
much easier and faster to manage than Bubba..
Cures to a sweet fig-incense caramel-coffee mild kush tone?...Very wide effect profile?...making Bubba look like a 1 note instrument compared?..
do yo have more pics?...possibly veg..and earlier bloom?..
all good man..just tryin to help but so far its looking like a Kush dom breed..but all I could say by info atm...
theres about 8 or more lines that could prod these traits..so show lil ore and it might connect to ppl...
keep rollin
FOE20

Thanks for the comment! I'll try to take some Veg and Early bloom photos and post them up here soon..As far as the smell goes I always get a strong pungent coffee smell from it when it's at its final flowering stage, haven't tried to get a good whiff though when in veg, I'll give that a try and see what kind of smell I get from it...

Booyah!

I'm thinking a Master Kush might get close in look. Shame it's gone. Anyone got any good Master pics? I'm not running the clone right now.

MedResearcher

Veteran
Screamed Bubba/So Cal Master relative to me as well.

Think it was Tom Hill, or someone else talking about how Bubba was one of the closest things to a pure Afghani around. This was maybe 10 years ago.

If you follow that line of theory and the plant is labeled an Afghani, it makes sense it shares a lot of traits.

The coffee smell, makes me think it is even closer to the Bubba/So Cal Master kush line, then just both being Afghani, but more likely a direct relative of the line.

P-98 was my favorite, So Cal Master, a close second. Haven't seen either of those around in a long time. A lot of imitations but never the pure, real deal. My P-98 that I held, finished very quickly, 7-8 weeks it was already better than anything else. Veg'd slow, stretched more than you would guess with the giant fan leaves and slow veg. I never saw any mold issues or mildew on it either, but that is very environment dependent anyways. Sticky, coffee, smelled fantastic, and smoked even better.

Looks like a Bubba/Master on steroids. Regardless, nice looking variety, and the coffee/hash/incense smell is priceless imo.

Mr^^

beta

Veteran
Maybe LA Confidential? If it's a fast vegger and easy to clone it isn't Bubba.

Latest posts

Latest posts