What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

why's mob boss gotta take 70+ days to flower, damn!!

T

TREE KING

i just found out about this strain and i want it bad but the only thing is i told myself i wouldnt grow any strain that takes longer than 65 days to flower cause theres too much money to lose. its always somethin lol. great strain grindhouse. i was talkin about from clone in hydro by the way. 65 days is impossible with this right?

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I dont know. I really think it depends on where you live. I just wrote this in another thread also, but most buds seems to finish up quicker for me then stated by breeders or testers at further north latitudes. Maybe its my preference or my location, but I seem to average 5-15 days earlier then most people expereince(this is indoors also). Maybe its our heat that makes plants go quicker.

Buds are usually taken at about 25% amber. I just got to the point where time doesnt matter anymore, its all about the loupe..

Mob Boss finished for me at 62-64 days...

T

TREE KING

wow you guys just got me crazy exited! it looks like im buying mob boss after all. i appreciate the info guys thanks.

i just went on seed boutique and seedbay and there out of stock. anyone know when this is coming back in stock?

Calimed

Veteran
Mob Boss at 61 days:

picture.php

Mob Boss at 70 days:

picture.php

:tiphat:

G

guest3854

Tree King, thanks fer tha interest in GrindHouse. More Mob Boss will be worked this winter, following tha DMT projects! Perhaps check out tha Ultra Sonja fer some stankin' ass, heady herb.

Cali, beautiful pics...

Steele

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just found out about this strain and i want it bad but the only thing is i told myself i wouldnt grow any strain that takes longer than 65 days to flower cause theres too much money to lose. its always somethin lol. great strain grindhouse. i was talkin about from clone in hydro by the way. 65 days is impossible with this right?

Show me where 65 day and under strains exist aside from what it says on the packaging and I'll be very excited heh. I'd say 90% of the seeds I have popped in 2 and half years have been day 65+. I venture to say you could pull mob boss at day 65 and it would be like 90% of the other strains out there in terms of quality and ripeness.

So far bubblegum and cinderella99 in crosses or raw form are the only strains I have found that are ready under day 63. Cindy technically isn't ready at all since it won't have brown trichs until day 65-78 but you pick it early with cloudy and clear trichs for the up high...

I'd say give it a whirl regardless of flower time :D

G

guest3854

Agreed 40amps, I would also say, there are several thangs you could do if so inclined... start from clone using a faster finishing lady, use ripening agents, going to 14 hrs darkness, back yer plants away from tha light source... all these thangs can help bring tha crop in under 65 days, however with tha addition of another 5-10 days, I don't believe yer losing THAT much time.... And with many individuals yielding pretty heavy, they can make up fer tha time lost.

Steele

T

TREE KING

steele thanks for the response and il be buying some mob boss this winter. im very surprised that your agreeing with 40Amps cause ive grown plenty of strains that were done around 60 days and there have been countless people on ic mag that have said c99 is done in the 50's. rezdog himself also says its done in the 50's and he has the mother and breeds with it

40Amps what are you growing in soil?

G

guest3854

TK, I was referring to 40's first paragraph, I have limited C99 experience and what little I have seen, was not impressive. Hydro and C02 will shave off a bit of time as well...

Steele

T

TREE KING

all i do right now is hydro and im also switching to aero. thanks steele!

dickcorn

I agree with 40 Amps post as well but im an organic soilgrower. Will say sourbubble is very nice at 63-7o days. And had one pheno of Blue Mystic perfect at 52-55 days. Everything else i've grown has taken at least 65 days to be medical quality bud. That being said I got eight ladies out of my Mob Boss with the intention on keeping two, and I'm only getting rid of one. LOL. I did have two different ones that were ready from seed at 75 days, so clone will probably be about 65 if you find the right ones. This stuff reeks and puts alot of other greats to shame. Thanks again Steele.

T

TREE KING

i hear you dickcorn. ive never grown in soil before so that is probably true. hydro's a totally different story

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
One thing I would like to note, as I find it to be an "EXTREME" variable in maturation time, is the type of light(s) used. This has been my experience as of recently.

Over the last year I have started out with floro's in flowering with 104w PL+150w HPS, to 150w HPS and 150cmh, to 220wHPS/150wCMH, to 250w HPS,to 400w ,to 600w. The one thing I have noticed with each increase is an increase in flowering time. It hasn't been until recently that I see it, but all of a sudden stuff that was finishing in 60 days, is now finishing in 70(Prophet).

Maybe, its because the increased density and size which takes time to build? I also think heat is a big factor, since things have slowed down since I've installed my A/C. Not until recently have I been able to stay under 80* in flower....

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Maybe, its because the increased density and size which takes time to build? I also think heat is a big factor, since things have slowed down since I've installed my A/C. Not until recently have I been able to stay under 80* in flower....

Thats an interesting insight bigballin, i have wondered what effect the heat has on maturation.

Latest posts

Latest posts