What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

show people your grow methods

mosstrooper

I decided the other day id invest in a cheap ph test meter, in fact i bought two, one for testing liquids and one of those with a probe that you can poke into your soil/pot.

I now know that despite my local water having a lovely ph 6 when i add nutrients the ph drops to 3.5

Obviously i need to get some ph up.

Do any of you know whether soil ph in pots tends to drift up or down?

9 plants is a lot without a fan/filter mosstrooper
you should really get that sorted.....
if you cant run fan/ filter then get some ona gel ,ona bucket and plug in airfreshners ect

JGP

Should'nt need to Ph test compo as it's self buffering.What compost and nutes are you using moss?

mosstrooper

B&Q compost and Miracle grow which is 28-8-16 with added micro nutrients

Your right about the fan/filter thing, but like so many things its all a matter of expense. Its my next thing to do though.

mosstrooper

Im not sure if the ph soil probe really works anyway, they are those cheapo ones, it has a light meter moisture meter and supposedly a ph meter built in.

The moisture meter is what i ordered it for initially, ive had a bit of a fungus gnat prob, so i put 2 inchs of sand on top of the pots which took a while, but seems to have done the trick.
Prob is, with the weight of the sand, and the fact it obscures the compost, it was hard to know when i needed to water.

JGP

I would ditch the miracle grow as it's no good for canna, it's for flowers and the like.It's probably the reason why your Ph is so low aswell.BioBizz fishmix is what you want or PlantMagic ot grow and bloom.Both good and organic all the way.

mosstrooper

I would ditch the miracle grow as it's no good for canna, it's for flowers and the like.It's probably the reason why your Ph is so low aswell.BioBizz fishmix is what you want or PlantMagic ot grow and bloom.Both good and organic all the way.

I dont doubt it.

Just more stuff to spend money on, for the present miracle grow will have to do. I think im going to make some seaweed extract to use as a suppliment come conditioner.

rocket high

Veteran
i just use the BandQ compost flush it with 24 hr water and catch the run off ... add a bit of water and use it for week 3-4 of veg ...then go on to feeding with bottled nutes ,

im no master with soil ..i prefer hydro, but thats how i done my mothers and now my seed run, seems to work .

rocket high

Veteran
suck air through it mossy its the most effective way .... ;)

oh and dont buy the budget ones they are crap ... go with a rhino/phat filter those are at the high end of the carbon filter market .

rocket high

Veteran
im refilling mine soon with activated carbon (10 kg) i got for cheap due to connections with someone that has access to a pet shop but i dont know if it will be enough to fill the filter as its quite big (8 inch). if it works and everythings fine i will never have to buy another filter again ,just the carbon to re-fill it .

mosstrooper

Right, im gonna take JGP's advice and get some Bio bizz bloom, what im interested in now is, is the Bio Bizz Top max stimulator worth getting too or is that all hype?

JGP

I would go with Plantmagics OT bloom as theres need to use epsom salts using this and it's british too.Best nutes i've ever used.

My babies at 5 and a half weeks :)

Attachments

• DSC01753.jpg
    DSC01753.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 30

rocket high

Veteran
Looking good there JGP are they your Blue Mystics .... ? what soil do you use as well

sorry about the questions ,,just curious.

Latest posts

Latest posts