What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tang Tang: Lineage / Origins

Kpositive

Hi Grind House Seeds :joint:

I was just wondering, what is the lineage of Tang Tang??

Is it the same thing as "The Tang" (AKA Matanuska Thunderfuck), or is it something entirely different?

Thanks.

gdup

From The Prophet overview sticky.

Tha Tang Tang , coming from our Sonja line , is mostly sativa . Tha TT grows with exagerated node architecture , allowing fer plenty of light and air penetration . They often throw huge fox tailing colas , and though appear light , are quite hard and dense . They sport golden , tall standing trichs , complete with herbal aromas and super high quality head . A large percentage will turn color going from lush green/forest green to maroon , stripping tha calyx’ and covering tha undersides of leaves .

There are pics of the Tang Tang there as well.

Kpositive

OK, it is not related to "The Tang" AKA "Matanuska Thunderfuck" in any way then???

Some of the photos on that page kind of remind me of what I've seen of MTF, that's kind of why I was wondering, aside from the name of course...

This photo in particular: http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/3307IMG_3705.JPG

It has that lanky, gnarly heavy-duty sativa look.

Does anyone know what kind of flavors the Tang Tang has on it's own??? Is it citrus like, berry, hashy?

G

guest3854

K, welcome to GrindHouses' help desk. Sorry fer tha delay in answering yer questions ..... we're in tha middle of a move as well as goin through some serious and personal, life changing events.....

Onto yer inquiry ..... As Gdup has pointed out (thanks dude), my Tang Tang is in NO way related to MTF. This line was found in my BX1 generation of Blue Sonja (derived from BlockHead from SOL, and able to stand on it's own) It's sativa all, architecture, length of bloom time and above all, head .... It is a racy high, with tha "plink" hit coming quickly. It is able to add weight, girth and potency to every offering, public and private. Regarding palette, she has a super hashy, tangy, dry upfront flavor. Tangy in tha spectrum of grapefruit ..... It's ALL bout tha head with this gal though, more potent than all git out & racy as hell ..... Love them golden trichs

Tang Tang

(This is tha same plant as tha dry pic you inquired about)
picture.php

A mutant from Tang Tang incross work (not fer tha faint of heart)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hope all this info helped,
Stay safe, healthy an' grow HARD,
Steele

Kpositive

Awesome...Sounds very nice! ...and looks incredibly tasty! ;) I will definitely be putting some of these crosses on my "to-snatch" list. :headbange

Thanks for the info guys!

Murphle

I really need this girl in my life. Will there ever be a Tang Tang release? I'm in love w/ that frosty/shimmery structure, and coming from BH genes, I bet she is a bell ringer!!

G

guest3854

K, happy yer diggin what ya see . I'm confident one of our newest releases will satify yer needs ....

Murphle, in tha distant future there will be a Tang Tang release ......

Steele

Hella THC

Hey Steele :wave: Any word on the possibility of a Tang Tang release? I think it would be awesome :yes: What are your thoughts?

-Hella

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
6195150, it all depends on your pwn personal setup. I would need to know grow style i.e. SOG, bush, tree, etc. Wattage is a huge factor as well as head room. Want bigger plants, veg longer...

In Christ,
Steele