Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Maine governor signs measure allowing recreational marijuana use

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Next Light Systems for LED lights
Maine governor signs measure allowing recreational marijuana use Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2017, 02:07 AM #1
Tudo
Troublemaker

Tudo has a reputation beyond reputeTudo has a reputation beyond reputeTudo has a reputation beyond reputeTudo has a reputation beyond reputeTudo has a reputation beyond reputeTudo has a reputation beyond reputeTudo has a reputation beyond reputeTudo has a reputation beyond reputeTudo has a reputation beyond reputeTudo has a reputation beyond reputeTudo has a reputation beyond repute
Maine governor signs measure allowing recreational marijuana use

(Reuters) - Maine Governor Paul LePage on Tuesday said he had signed a measure legalizing the recreational usage of marijuana in his state after voters approved the move in a November ballot initiative.
With the signature, the country's northeastern-most state becomes the ninth to legalize recreational use of the drug.
LePage, a Republican who had opposed the idea, expressed reservations about how legalization would be implemented in a regular weekly interview with WMOV radio, in which he confirmed signing the legalization proclamation.
"There is nothing I can do until the legislature gives me money to set up the infrastructure," LePage said.
The law will allow adults aged 21 and older to use the drug in private, but not public places, and to possess up to 2.5 ounces (70.9 grams) of marijuana.
"Mainers will no longer be punished for using a substance that is safer than alcohol," said David Boyer, who led the legalization campaign, in a statement.
"We look forward to working with the legislature to ensure a timely implementation of Question 1, which will provide adults with a legal way to purchase marijuana from licensed and regulated businesses."
Nearby Massachusetts last month became the first state in the northeast to legalize recreational marijuana usage after a similar measure passed in a Nov. 8 ballot initiative.
An October poll by Gallup showed that 60 percent of Americans now support the legalization of recreational use of marijuana. Even more approve of the idea of legalizing marijuana for medical use, a step that 28 states have taken.
The drug remains illegal under federal law, and U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, who takes office on Jan. 20, has sent mixed signals about his views on it.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/maine-gov...191903465.html

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:22 AM #2
russej05

russej05 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Maine.
russej05 is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2017, 05:30 AM #3
_tessarecting

_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future
Go Maine!

I wish I was there

Old 01-22-2017, 10:23 PM #4
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of lightronbo51 is a glorious beacon of light
It's funny. When I moved to Maine in 1981 it was, along with Alaska, the only state where weed had been decriminalized. I started growing the minute I hit the ground and did so right up to the minute I left, one year before medical came on. After 23 years of guerrilla and ninja growing I sure would have enjoyed growing my best under tight supervision and without fear. But I'm glad you guys get to now. Government will twist this into an unrecognizable shitfest, but eventually it will settle out. And if they get too greedy the black market always waits, ready to impose market forces. Good luck to you Mainiacs. I'm rootin for ya.
ronbo51 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:09 PM #5
Ph-patrol

Ph-patrol has a reputation beyond reputePh-patrol has a reputation beyond reputePh-patrol has a reputation beyond reputePh-patrol has a reputation beyond reputePh-patrol has a reputation beyond reputePh-patrol has a reputation beyond reputePh-patrol has a reputation beyond reputePh-patrol has a reputation beyond reputePh-patrol has a reputation beyond reputePh-patrol has a reputation beyond reputePh-patrol has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta love the great state of Maine

Old 01-23-2017, 01:51 AM #6
green michine
Mr STicky Fingers!!

green michine will become famous soon enoughgreen michine will become famous soon enough
Wish it was like that here. Im tired of these democracy laws.

Cannabis should be legal, its a great plant.
green michine is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2017, 02:09 AM #7
noyd666
OUTLAWS GREEN ROOMS.

noyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivornoyd666 is a survivor
its a long tiresome battle.
noyd666 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:24 AM #8
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has much to be proud ofJhhnn has much to be proud ofJhhnn has much to be proud ofJhhnn has much to be proud ofJhhnn has much to be proud ofJhhnn has much to be proud ofJhhnn has much to be proud ofJhhnn has much to be proud ofJhhnn has much to be proud ofJhhnn has much to be proud ofJhhnn has much to be proud of
And another one bites the dust...

Maine law is now more liberal than in CO, allowing for social clubs & unlimited seedlings for personal growers.
Jhhnn is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:28 PM #9
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant future
Well......

http://wgme.com/news/marijuana-in-maine

We can legally possess 2.5 oz. and use at home.

The rest will have to wait.

Our governor really hates it when he doesn't get his way.
Hold Your Fire is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:16 PM #10
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant future
Excellent!!
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
Passionate breeders of quality connoisseur cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 10 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote