Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Bayer Monsanto Merger Will Steal The Marijuana Industry

Thread Title Search
Visit Skunk24.com for discounted cannabis seeds.
Thread Closed
Bayer Monsanto Merger Will Steal The Marijuana Industry Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2016, 03:35 AM #31
corky1968
Banned

Location: Living in a Trichome. These are the Best Homes in the World.
corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
Exhibit A:

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:15 AM #32
brown_thumb

brown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Funk View Post
what's so unnatural and damaging about GMO"S ???
they take DNA from other plants and animals and splice it into plants that would never have those genes. example: Monsanto's takes DNA from naturally found bacteria that will kill most bugs that eat it and then they splice that DNA into corn. now you have corn that is pest resistant..... sounds great right?... well when honey bee's and other beneficial insects fly by and come in contact with that corn or it's pollen they die.... not so great.

Experts say if we kill off all the bee's man kind will go extinct in five years.

Monsanto's also makes ''round up ready plants" that means they made plant by GM that can handle weed killer and not die so farmers don't have to weed around there crops.... sounds great right....well the chemicals in round up are so toxic for the planet it's crazy. it should be illegal to use them never mind putting them on food crops like wheat and rye.

Remember if your spraying something on your plants that will kill bugs it will kill YOU in a higher dose.

The craziest thing about Monsanto's is their not even good at making GMO's they started out as a chemical company. go figure! the way they make GMO's is if you have ever used a slot machine when you pull the handle it randomly mixes the wheels together and you hope for it to land on the jack pot. well they do the same thing with plants. they randomly mix DNA together and hope some thing works for them. but at the same time they might accidently make corn poisonous to humans and not know it or make strawberry's blue.

blue strawberry's
http://buzz.naturalnews.com/000061-f...ience-GMO.html

hope this clears it up for you.

peace
-mystic
I knew about pesticides and herbicides but I didn't know GMO corn was killing honey bees. That's definitely bad news.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:46 AM #33
stoned40yrs
Ripped since 1965

stoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud of
Lets Vote:

Monsanto- Feed the world and make some money.
Pot growers- Protect their little private money making plant kingdom.

Sorry-Only the millions of starving humans get to vote in this election.

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014

Black Death-Killer Malawi X Black Lime Reserve

Old 10-28-2016, 04:48 AM #34
corky1968
Banned

Location: Living in a Trichome. These are the Best Homes in the World.
corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned40yrs View Post
Lets Vote:

Monsanto- Feed the world and make some money.
Pot growers- Protect their little private money making plant kingdom.

Sorry-Only the millions of starving humans get to vote in this election.
Protect the World and let natural selection proceed.

You can only put so many goldfish in a bowl until they get diseases.

The funny thing is I wish I had a dozen mild chicken wings now.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:52 AM #35
Mystic Funk

Mystic Funk is just really niceMystic Funk is just really niceMystic Funk is just really niceMystic Funk is just really niceMystic Funk is just really niceMystic Funk is just really niceMystic Funk is just really niceMystic Funk is just really niceMystic Funk is just really niceMystic Funk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_thumb View Post
I knew about pesticides and herbicides but I didn't know GMO corn was killing honey bees. That's definitely bad news.

GMO crops kill everything they come in contact with. the bugs that eat it, the soil, the bee's.

seven types of bee's are now on the endangered species list for the first time in the USA.
there's a lot of other reasons too why their dying off but gmo's are not helping them any.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:31 AM #36
brown_thumb

brown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nicebrown_thumb is just really nice
After some quick research (I'm not done yet) it appears the issue of dying bees is with the nicotine-based insecticides rather than the plants themselves.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:48 AM #37
skwirl

skwirl is a jewel in the roughskwirl is a jewel in the roughskwirl is a jewel in the roughskwirl is a jewel in the roughskwirl is a jewel in the roughskwirl is a jewel in the rough
Monsanto...Bayer...Scott...OMG our world is under attack!!! These evil entities must be lickin' their chops for CALI Rec' to pass. Poised and ready to swoop in AND the steal the 'big piece of chicken'

Swallow up the companies
Control seed strains
inhibit organic farming....AND
Alter the laws through lawyer guns and money

Is nobody going to stop them? What can we do?

Start by voting NO for Cali Rec. Make a stand. Don't cave like Colorado..

Old 10-28-2016, 09:32 AM #38
Grojak

Grojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Funk View Post
I think you'll be scared when Monsanto's sets up shop next door to you or you favorite breeder and starts throwing GMO pollen around and ends up dusting your crops. then the fallowing year stop by and say your seeds are now there's. don't believe me? look it up. heirloom grain and corn farmers in the wid west usa had that happen to them.
Monsanto's is the only company in the world to patent life. look that up.

peace!
-mystic
Yes this happened in USA and Canada but they lost in India I believe. However breeding can be done indoors and if it comes to that it will be all indoors and no respectable breeder is selling beans that were pollenated from unknown source

Old 10-28-2016, 09:35 AM #39
Grojak

Grojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the roughGrojak is a jewel in the rough
I wouldn't worry about this on a large scale...

What you should REALLY be concerned about is DNA Patents.... Whomever is first to register DNA of all of your favorite strains will OWN the marijuana industry.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:07 PM #40
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Who thinks that these companies that have filed over 40 patents, so far, concerning cannabis products & use aren't trying to destroy the industry as we currently know it?

Monsanto, Bayer, Syngenta, GW Pharma, etc., are all in bed together. They cooperate with one another as much as they keep secrets from each other.

Do yall see the dividing lines these very subjects are creating within what was once a very tight knit community?
I think not!

Do you think these lines are intentionally set by those in power?
I do.

For those of you thatcare willing to search more about the subject I'd like to suggest by watching a few videos:
The World According to Monsanto
The Future of Food
Food INC.

Those of you arguing without researching are going to be cornered by those that you allow to make decisions for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank
"The answer is not in chasing this cut or that cut - it's in learning how to maximize what you have in front of you and improving your skill set as a grower...that's the ART."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionni
We need to start telling people that their brains are an app...then maybe they will start using them!

Thread Closed