Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
The Official Hempy Bucket Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2008, 06:52 AM #51
Lord Doobie
Surrounded by goofs

Lord Doobie will become famous soon enoughLord Doobie will become famous soon enough
someone posted this:
Quote:
HOMEMADE C02=
use 5 cups of warm water, then add 5 cups of sugar, let sugar fully disolve, then add 1-2tsp of yeast. it will start to bubble & ferment like making beer releasing co2
hth
RULE #1 - Grow SMART - keep silent and eyes at bay - free to grow yet another day
RULE #2 - Grow SIMPLE using the easiest method in the world - Hempy!
RULE #3 - Grow GREEN [reuse, recycle, buy-once materials, waste-not, want-not]
RULE #4 - Vaporize clean healthy hits and stop wasting 40% of your THC

Old 12-21-2008, 01:52 PM #52
paulobaca

paulobaca will become famous soon enough
I had been looking for vermiculite for some time and I was told by a guy at hydro store that it was banned for environmental reasons.

Does anybody know of a good substitute for a first time bucket grower? The ratio would be nice too. Sucks because I was really looking forward to trying the original method.
paulobaca is offline Quote

Old 12-21-2008, 02:05 PM #53
AndreNicky
Smoov like water

AndreNicky has a spectacular aura aboutAndreNicky has a spectacular aura aboutAndreNicky has a spectacular aura about
Paulobaca the guy at your hydro store is lying, i just bought a bag of it from osh acouple weeks ago.

Andre's Dope Show
AndreNicky is offline Quote

Old 12-21-2008, 02:55 PM #54
paulobaca

paulobaca will become famous soon enough
Was this in CA? Completely understand if you dont want to say.
paulobaca is offline Quote

Old 12-21-2008, 02:58 PM #55
AndreNicky
Smoov like water

AndreNicky has a spectacular aura aboutAndreNicky has a spectacular aura aboutAndreNicky has a spectacular aura about
yup it is

Andre's Dope Show

Old 12-22-2008, 01:33 AM #56
one Q
Quality

one Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the rough
vermiculite or turface
Apollo11 Journey DrBudGreengenes Compact SOG
one Q is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2008, 01:37 PM #57
greenisgold

greenisgold will become famous soon enoughgreenisgold will become famous soon enough
I'm ready to give this a try as I'm pretty bored of growing in dirt. One question I have is how much do you water each time? Since it runs out the bottom, how do you gauge when to stop?
Thanks and more questions to come, but it seems real easy. I was just about to buy some waterfarms, but this seems like the way to get ones "feet wet" when it comes to hydro, or a form there-of.
Do you have to worry about ppm or tdc?
greenisgold is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2008, 02:06 PM #58
AndreNicky
Smoov like water

Hey greenisgold, I water till i get about 20% runoff of what i put in but it doesn't matter too much don't think its possible to overwater these things

Andre's Dope Show

Old 12-24-2008, 03:16 PM #59
jump117

jump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant futurejump117 has a brilliant future
I think much runoff is better. Not just water but wash it through and you'll never see build-ups.

I've used timer 5min/3hrs + aquarium pump to water straight agro-perlit in my DIY system and never got build-ups.

Now I water my bonsai (perlit 2L) daily till about 10% runoff and every 10 days I get ppm 140-IN/ 1000-OUT.
jump117 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:41 PM #60
TylerDurden

Hey greenisgold, I dont worry too much about PPM's, just listen to your plants and they should tell you if they need more/less nutes. For the watering, I give each plant about a gallon and a half each time I water which gives a pretty decent amount of runoff and I flush them with 2 gal. of fresh RO water once a week to make sure no salts build up. Its pretty much impossible to over-water though since the medium doesnt really hold much water and their main water source is the res. Hope this helps peace.

Mr. Durden :Joint:

1 members found this post helpful.