Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > What the pros use.

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
What the pros use. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2018, 02:51 PM #1
Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the rough
What the pros use.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to look around a full scale, no expense spared, state funded, commercial manufacturing facility under construction.
To give you an idea of the scale, there are over 300 DE 1Kw HPS, almost 100 mini split ac, a dozen refrigerator-sized dehumidifiers. 6" CO2 ducting. Eight 3000gallon reservoirs! Insane! All lights are Soliel DE 1KW with Ushio bulbs. I was even able to view the blueprints and outlines.
After seeing this and speaking with the electricians, Ushio is the way to go.
Dirt Bag is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2018, 02:55 PM #2
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
I wonder if that set would work for my 4 plants? I wouldn't want to pay their electrical bill (just having some fun here)
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2018, 03:00 PM #3
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
All that power and the results will be B grade.

State funded? Can you elaborate on that?
Lester Beans is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:00 PM #4
tleaf jr.
Came up off 75w

tleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud of
100 mini splits seems silly...I would think 2-3 150ton chillers would be more effecient. Maybe they didnt want to involve a cooling tower tho. I bet that was a sight to see. Wonder wer the funds came from for that op.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:09 PM #5
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post

Yep, as soon as I read "State Funded" the "What the Pros Use" went out the window for me. lol

What people with a sizeable budget use. Kudos to them for the gig, and I hope they're making extremely good use of the opportunity they're in.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:48 PM #6
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by tleaf jr. View Post
100 mini splits seems silly...I would think 2-3 150ton chillers would be more effecient. Maybe they didnt want to involve a cooling tower tho. I bet that was a sight to see. Wonder wer the funds came from for that op.
Yeah I thought that.
Wouldn't you go with some massive custom unit.
Buying 100 mini splits is trying to scale up on bedroom scales..
lol.

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:14 PM #7
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
"State funded" "What Pros use"

Two completely different animals, lol

Pros= Professionals who do things for a living, have to make a profit, have to be competitive

State Funded= Operating with free money, accountable to no one, do not have to make any kind of profit(refer back to free money)
green404 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:01 PM #8
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post

no expense spared, state funded= oxymoron.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders in the USA- check out our unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds for medical conditions and recreational stimulus at down to earth prices. Now 12 years running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:50 PM #9
FunkBomb
Power Armor rules

FunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to all
Why is using Ushio lamps the way to go?

-Funk

Bertrand Russell
FunkBomb is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 12:30 AM #10
Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the roughDirt Bag is a jewel in the rough
Heh. Idiots. The pros in question here is a very large, very well established electrical contractor, not the state. This is not a state enterprise, it's a private business. It just happens to be the only business licensed to grow, sell, manufacture, or distribute cannabis in this particular state and owned by, you guessed it, lawmakers and the likes. It all amounts to state weed.
As to the technical aspects, well I'm just an observer, but I know big bucks when I see em, and this is seriously big bucks.

This is just one room... A small one. There is one twice as big and several half as big. Approximately 6 as far as I could tell at this stage of development. I have continual access so I'll know more later.

Last edited by Dirt Bag; 09-14-2018 at 12:36 AM.. Reason: Additional information.
Dirt Bag is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.