What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Micro Presents : The Nanomachine

Mr_Micro

Hey guys! Sorry to keep you waiting but I'll do an update with some new pics tonight! She sure is lookin good now for sure :smoke:

Mr_Micro

Hey again everyone! :D

It's now day 53 of 12/12 from seed so I was estimating that it must be around day 43 of flowering, but the buds dont look anywhere near as big as they should look like at 43 days of flowering, so I'm guessing that it's probably more like 33 days flowering at the moment.

Anyway, the nutrient advice rkrone gave me worked out great!
I made a new nutrient mix that consists of 1 gallon of R/O filtered water, 1 ounce of PBP Bloom Soil Formula, 1 cup of urine (my own), and 1 tablespoon of organic blackstrap molasses.
Since my last update I've gone to feeding the plant with nutrients every other watering (I water about twice a week, giving it enough time for the top inch or so of soil to dry out between waterings.). With the extra nitrogen from the urine in this new nutrient mix the color has came back into the leaves and growth has seriously exploded! :D

Anyway, here's some new pics taken today! The first few are with the light on, and the last few are with the light off so you can get a better view of the leaf coloration and trichs that are begining to form...

So yeah, the Bubblegum girl seems to be doing really well now! The growth has really exploded in the past week or so, the buds are begining to form, and trichs are starting to pile up on the leaves close to the buds and the buds themselves. The newly forming buds do seem a bit more loose and airy than I'm used to seeing from my grows, but I'm guessing that this is just because they're being grown under a CFL and not a HPS this time.

And oh yeah, the Suga_Bear style carbon filter is still working great! The smell inside the case is getting super skunky these days but the carbon filter is still filtering out every last bit of smell from the air being exhausted from the case. So I'm thinking this carbon filter should continue to work well through the entire grow and keep it nice and stealthy and funk free.

Peace to you all and until next time, stay safe and grow smart my friends. :smoke:

Mr_Micro

gillagin said:
what is the risk of fire with one of thoose pc cases i want to build one but that is my only worryment

That really depends on how well you build it and how you connect your wiring I think. If you do it right there should be zero risk of fire. What I mean by this is that you use heatshrink connectors to connect your PC fans to the 12v DC adapters instead of using wire nuts, since if a wire nut comes loose that can be a fire hazard. As long as you do that and make sure all your electrical connections are secure and will not come loose or touch anything that could be flamable (I.E. --> Keep the carbon filter's wrapping far enough away from the power strip that it won't ever touch it), make sure the socket you use is rated high enough to handle the wattage of your CFL, and make sure your airflow is good enough that your temps don't exceed 89* and you should be good to go with zero fire hazards.

So yeah, I think if you follow those precautions than there should be absolutely zero fire hazard from a PC case growbox built like this one :yes:

And oh yeah, expect another update with some more pictures tomorrow or wednesday! :smoke:

gillagin

cool im going to build one now can weed survive a weekend of complete darkness every other weekend i have to go visit my dad

Last edited:

ScatMan

No it will most likely set it off into flowering, so you would not be able to come back and put it on anything other than 12/12, not to mention it would prob herm from all the stress.

blakhash

gillagin said:
cool im going to build one now can weed survive a weekend of complete darkness every other weekend i have to go visit my dad

thats were a timer steps in, the timer will keep your grow on a constant light schedule. i usually don't have to water my plants for at least 3 days so if your gone during the weekend. water them right before you leave and you will be fine.

microRU

In my boxing it is installed the termo relay which off an electricity if the temperature is more 40*С..
The price 3,5 $ :joint:
24091termo-med.jpg

Last edited:

Mr_Micro

Hey again everyone! :D

Before I get to the weekly update with new pictures and whatnot, lemme just take a minute to reply to a few people who have posted in this thread.

chlodek - So am I man! I'm aiming for a half ounce, but since this is the smallest ScrOG I've ever seen who knows what I'll get out of it. Plus the buds are seeming very airy and leafy so far compared to the results I usually get out of hydro, but it is still early in flowering and even when grown hydro Bubblegum does have a tendancy to get a little airy from batch to batch. So we'll just have to wait and see what the yeild turns out to be, but a half ounce is my goal for this one since I'm growing in less than 1/2 square foot of space.

gillagin - Yup man, just make life easy and invest the $20 or so in a timer to control the light cycles. I got my light hooked up to a timer in the electrical section of the cab (it's the big white dial thing on the floor of the cab just to the left of the power strip) so I never have to worry about light cycles. I'd consider it to be a necessary piece of equipment for any grower to have :smoke:
And as far as watering goes, I water mine every 3 or 4 days depending on how fast it seems to be drinking the water. I never let it get to the point where it would start to wilt, but when about the top inch or so of soil has dried out I water it. So yeah, no worries on going away for the weekend man! A timer will control the light cycles and you'll only have to water every 3 or 4 days when the plant is in this size of container.

microRU - Nice little device man! I have a few similar things laying around from previous PC case grows but they seemed a little too large to put in the growing section of this case. Maybe I will install one in the electrical box section within the next few days though. I'm really confident that there's no risk of fire, but it never hurts to have the extra precaution :yes:

And now for our weekly update! Today is day 57 of 12/12 from seed and the buds are just starting to take shape and fill in the screen. I really expected them to be a lot further along by now, but I think soil grows a bit slower than hydro and all the bending and occassional pruning required for the ScrOG'ing has slowed the growth quite a bit too. But like I've said, this is my first time doing a soil grow and my first time ScrOG'ing as well, so I wasn't too sure what to expect.

Anyway, the buds are begining to take shape and a good ammount of trichs are starting to form on the small leaves surrounding the buds. I'm guessing it will take another month or so before she's ready for harvest, but I'm in no real rush here so no worries. Suga Bear's carbon filter design continues to work perfectly too! The plant is stinkin like a dead skunk thats been laying out in the sun for 3 days but zero odor escapes the case, so I'm really happy with how the carbon filter is working and I think it will continue to work great for the rest of the grow and the drying of the harvested buds.

On a side note, if the soil looks a bit dry to you thats just because it's been 3 days since the last watering and I'll be giving her some more nutrient/water mix tomorrow. Also, if you notice a lot of little rips and tears in some of the leaves don't worry, it's not pests! I just accidentally tore quite a few leaves here and there when I was bending branches around to train them under the screen LOL

For pics, this week I did the usual pics with various perspectives of the canopy with light on and one pic with the light off (the last one), but I also included a closeup shot of one of the forming buds so you can check out the trichs that are starting to form. Enjoy!

Until next time, stay safe and grow smart my friends! :smoke:

microRU

Mr_Micro said:
I'm really confident that there's no risk of fire..
I thought as, but after end of a cycle earlier, the Chinese adapter that has led to refusal of ventilation has broken and the small plant was lost..
After that the adapter has been replaced with more reliable and installed the termo relay After a safety lock{fuse} :chin: .. By the way diameter 2cm. A working current 10A.. :smoke:
Try to water a plant more often :wink: :canabis:

Mr_Micro

Well, it's been quite a while since my last update so I'm long over due to for some new pics in this thread! :D

But first, let me answer a few of the new comments here...

Space Ghost - I've used a 50 watt HPS in a few larger PC cases and belive me, it just gets waaaay too hot to use in a space this small, even remote ballasted. I had pondered using a 35 watt HPS instead, but I'm sure it would generate a lot more heat than my 42 watt CFL and I really don't want to have to worry about temps. Right now the temps are a steady 83*F to 85*F and thats just fine by me. Using even a 35 watt HPS instead of the CFL would probably bump the heat up to 95* or so, and then I think there would be problems. Thanks for the comment though!

JackKerouac - LOL I'm still learning something new every day too man. I'm pretty sure that 35 watt is as small as HPS lights get though :smoke:

And now on to the update!

It is now day 73 of 12/12 from seed and I'd guess the girl has a least another 3 or 4 weeks to go. I'm really (really) suprised that it is taking so long, but I think I just got a unlucky phenotype. I recognize this Serious Seeds Bubblegum phenotype from a previous hydro grow and I gotta say it was the worst one. Very stretchy, very sparse and leafy, and took about 75 to 80 days to finish.
Even then it was incredibly light and the yeild was pretty bad, so next time I'm going to go with some Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 to see what kind of a yield I can really pull out of this case. So now I'm thinking I'll be really lucky if I can pull a half ounce out of this case, considering the fact that I'm stuck with a pretty crappy Bubblegum pheno this time around.

But, as they say in theater, the show must go on! :canabis:

So here we are at day 73 of 12/12 from seed...

So as you can see it is coming along, just very slowly. The flowers lack any real density, are extremely leafy, and maturing quite slowly. But like I said, it was just bad luck getting stuck with this particular pheno, since I've had a Bubblegum plant just like this before and had other Bubblegums that completely blew it out of the water.

But anyway, there is one majorly good thing going on here... the carbon filter is still working fantasticly! The plant inside the case stinks like a dead skunk left out in the sun for a week and yet zero odor escapes the case. The carbon filter design works absolutely perfectly and kills every last bit of the odor :D

Thanks again for all the kind words and support guys and gals and I'll be updating this thread with more new pics within the next week or so!
Until then, all comments are much appreciated! Stay safe and grow smart my friends :smoke:

Mr_Ed

Sorry to hear about the light buds. Plant looks nice and healthy at least. She may surprise you and pack it on at the end.

I think that Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 will be the true test of your scrubber.

Latest posts

Latest posts