What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is wrong with my plant? Lower Branch looking terrible

psychopro

Soil: Biobizz All Mix

Pot: 8 l

Veg Week 5

Plants look perfect green but there is this one lower branch which looks really not good. Does somebody know what that could be? I didn't use fertilizers yet and my RH was all the time under 65%.

I just pinched it off and hope it doesn't return but i am curios what the problem was or is.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Looks like the leaf dried out to me. The rest of the plant looks good though, maybe small for 5 weeks of veg.

Dankdude

A figment of your imagination
Mentor
pluck it off, I concur with the AgentPothead on this, the bottom branch does look as though it is dieing out.
As someone who grows both as a hobbyist and professionally, I am a firm believer in (if it doesn't produce, don't waste nutrients on it) for one, unless you open the canopy, your lower branches will only produce popcorn buds and water leaves.
professionally I lollipop plants for just that reason.
in my personal grows, I do high stress training.
In both professional and personal grows, I eliminate any part of the plant that doesn't produce.
I defoliate 3 times in veg and twice in flower.
the reason for that is, because
1. to open my canopy,
2. my production has almost doubled since I started doing his.
I also concur with AgentPothead that the plant should be farther along with at 5 weeks in veg.

It's doesn't hurt to use nutrients, in fact your plant would be doin g a lot better it you did.
Personally I use Organic Nutrients.
If I use non organic nutrients of any kind, then I flush the hell out of the plant at the end, organic nutrients, I don't flush at all.
my point is that you may be focusing one the wrong things here. The tiny lower branch is inconsequential to the outcome of the plant.

You need to really think hard about using nutrients for this plant and future grows, a plant is a living organism and needs to be fed.
Any nutrients that are in the soil to start with tend to be depleted with in a couple of weeks of vegetative growth.

also Micro-nutrients should also be considered.

Last edited:

psychopro

pluck it off, I concur with the AgentPothead on this, the bottom branch does look as though it is dieing out.
As someone who grows both as a hobbyist and professionally, I am a firm believer in (if it doesn't produce, don't waste nutrients on it) for one, unless you open the canopy, your lower branches will only produce popcorn buds and water leaves.
professionally I lollipop plants for just that reason.
in my personal grows, I do high stress training.
In both professional and personal grows, I eliminate any part of the plant that doesn't produce.
I defoliate 3 times in veg and twice in flower.
the reason for that is, because
1. to open my canopy,
2. my production has almost doubled since I started doing his.
I also concur with AgentPothead that the plant should be farther along with at 5 weeks in veg.

It's doesn't hurt to use nutrients, in fact your plant would be doin g a lot better it you did.
Personally I use Organic Nutrients.
If I use non organic nutrients of any kind, then I flush the hell out of the plant at the end, organic nutrients, I don't flush at all.
my point is that you may be focusing one the wrong things here. The tiny lower branch is inconsequential to the outcome of the plant.

You need to really think hard about using nutrients for this plant and future grows, a plant is a living organism and needs to be fed.
Any nutrients that are in the soil to start with tend to be depleted with in a couple of weeks of vegetative growth.

also Micro-nutrients should also be considered.

Thanks for your detailed answer.
I don't use nutrients in week 5 because allmix is pretty heavy pre feeded and it says that there is no need to use nutrients for 4-6 weeks.
I also throw in mykhoriza to reduce transplant shock etc..
I topped the plant maybe that is the reason why this plant looks so small at that point. Since i saw a bit of nute burn in Week 3 i didn't add BAC Organics Grow fertilizer yet .

Latest posts

Latest posts