What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'The Great Freebie Round-Up!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Two of the best plants I n I ever watch, learn, smoke were "freebies"... lol Perhaps I'm just a gullible "newbie" also... lol

Ditto: my :friends: plants/dope usually make for the best erb... :chin:

Procreation isn't about keeping, it's about sharing,, so long as someone someplace plants has seed for free,,, who cares :canabis:

Rosy Cheeks is a rascal,,, :wink: hehe :D peace dude

peace out everyone,

"erb roots n culture"
DocLeaf :joint:

Last edited:
V

vhGhost

Sign me up Gypsy

Sign me up Gypsy

i've recieved freebies from a contest not to long ago(mod). so why not five back to those that have done so much for us. ( including this Web site ) that costs an arm and a leg.

i'm still sorting only sorted through 1/2 pound of seeds/ground up bud.

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone reading this thread is no doubt highly inclined toward generosity. -I feel wonderful in your company and love this site. Anyways....Freebies are wonderful. I have given my friends some of what I have received. Proof in the pudding! In my experience, I recognize, in general, what 'newbie' friend of mine would do better with what particular freebie I posess. For instance, I would not give a pure malawi for someone to grow, if an quick indica with yield is what their heart would want if they knew better. -My cousin gave five of his friends Malawi seeds last year, none of them want to grow anymore....he gave them what he liked, not what would be the best fit for them.

I wonder if it would be possible to categorize in such a way so as to give the buyer a choice, not of particular variety, but an A or B of such to signify whether they could more successfully pass out a seed of less than, or more than, ten weeks. There could be a large difference in freebies that are found homes if you could cater more to time frames than anything else,...in my opinion, TIME...matters most when it come to successful placements and 'fits' for newbie growers. - Just my two cents...keep up the good work, respectfully -Mr. Alkaline

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Mr. Alkaline said:
Everyone reading this thread is no doubt highly inclined toward generosity. -I feel wonderful in your company and love this site. Anyways....Freebies are wonderful. I have given my friends some of what I have received. Proof in the pudding! In my experience, I recognize, in general, what 'newbie' friend of mine would do better with what particular freebie I posess. For instance, I would not give a pure malawi for someone to grow, if an quick indica with yield is what their heart would want if they knew better. -My cousin gave five of his friends Malawi seeds last year, none of them want to grow anymore....he gave them what he liked, not what would be the best fit for them.

I wonder if it would be possible to categorize in such a way so as to give the buyer a choice, not of particular variety, but an A or B of such to signify whether they could more successfully pass out a seed of less than, or more than, ten weeks. There could be a large difference in freebies that are found homes if you could cater more to time frames than anything else,...in my opinion, TIME...matters most when it come to successful placements and 'fits' for newbie growers. - Just my two cents...keep up the good work, respectfully -Mr. Alkaline

....VERY GOOD POINT Mr Alkaline........if any of you are giving beans out to newbie's try and make sure that they are as early flowering as possible if time is an issue......maybe some of them might like to grow longer flowering sats?......but the majority I would presume would probably go for something quicker...

*vhGhost.......I'm sure that whatever you have there will be very well recieved and shared around to bring much joy to many gardens....

G

Since 1984, I've always grown bag seed. Of course, I never knew what I was growing. Like many, I simply saved some seeds from a bag of smoke I liked. Getting good unknown strains and often only having a few seeds, I mastered the art of cloning. As I usually saved no males, it was the only way to continue with that unknown strain I liked.

Of course, I grew weary of this practice. Reading up and learning of different strains I'd like to try. I coveted having a known strain that could be easily replaced by a seed company - as I would know what it was. However, for years I never ordered any seeds being I lived somewhere with fascist laws. Paranoid of being busted and paranoid of being scammed online, I never ordered any.

However, one day I finally did order and I chose Seed Boutique. I ordered one pack of seeds of a strain I'd been dying to try (AK). Not knowing the company and never doing this before, I rationalized, if I get screwed - it's only one pack of beans lost and I've learned my lesson.

Well, the seeds arrived in six days, stealthy packaged, and the seeds protected from shipping damage. Additionally, wow, there was an extra pack of freebies - Durban Poison + skunk#1. I read up on the Durban Poisons and discovered that they were an outdoor strain and I was only growing indoors. Then I also read a few posts by folks whom couldn't get them to even germinate. No worries I thought, they were after all - free.

Seeing that I had my pack of AK's and the fortune of a free pack of Durban Poisons+Skunk#1. I figured I’d call up my friend whom was also a grower of unknown bagseed and share. I split the bag of AK's and split the bag of Durban poisons with him.

We both had 100% germination (so much for the freebies not going to germinate – the Durban Poisons germinated just fine, only took a couple extra days then the AK's). I didn't expect much from the Durban Poisons, due to the fact they are an outdoor strain and I've read so many posts about them not doing well indoors. I grew them inside with the AK's and they did take longer to grow then the AK's (expected) but I got to try a strain I wouldn't have even given a chance and so did my friend.

Turned out, those free Durban Poisons so many say are worthless ended up to be awesome and if I didn't get the extra freebies, I wouldn't even have shared my new beans with a friend nor learned - I like the Durban Poison+skunk#1.

So what happened? I got myself AND a friend off the unknown bag strains. We both got to try a strain we would have never ordered and never given a chance. And discovered, we’re going to try this strain again – it’s our “daytime” smoke.

Eh, perhaps we’re just a couple of middle-aged ‘newbies’ (newbies whom have been growing longer then many members have even been alive) and the only types who would appreciate such freebies. But it was getting those freebies that started a chain reaction of seed sharing and new strain sampling by both of us with additional friends.

Anyways, I just thought I’d share what happened in my neck of the woods between a group of ‘newbies’ whom got some free seeds.

GanjaLord said:
Turned out, those free Durban Poisons so many say are worthless ended up to be awesome and if I didn't get the extra freebies, I wouldn't even have shared my new beans with a friend nor learned - I like the Durban Poison+skunk#1.

I totally agree with you.

I got a pack of freebie DPxS1, grew it indoors and it is one of the best strains I have ever grown!

Last edited:
G

Mr. Alkaline - Good Point! I definatly remember, and i feel it's inevitable, the excitement and immidiency with the growing process when i was new. It definatly took a while to shake that mind set,But experience taught it was best to just “forget time”. That same principal is also what leads a new grower to over react to every thing as they usually spend in comparison to an experienced grower, an inordinately larger percentage of each day thinking about there plants and what if, why, when, ect. Best to give them a strain that will be easy to grow.

The easier the freebies are and the shorter the flowering period for a new grower the better, because imo a majority of the time a new growers primary interest fast becomes when's it ready and how much will i get.
experienced growers learn to “forget time” and trade quantity for quality.

Gypsy - I think i remember you stating the purpose of the seeds were to get people to grow who don't. If that's 99% of the intention then, yes definatly attempt to make the primary criteria for freebies ease of growth and duration or shortness of flowering period. We also know they care about yield, but as has been said before an inexperienced grower will often get less from a heavy yielding strain then an experienced grower could get from a low yielding strain. With that in mind heavier yielding strains would help new growers not get put off to growing by only producing a small amount come harvest time, -a good first impression-.
Lastly I don't know what you feel the demographic would be for who the freebies would reach i would assume its as diverse as one could hope to imagine, so there will be variables in the needs and preferences of those receiving their gifts. Off hand i’m thinking old school growers would would prefer “a taste of the past” and new school smokers usually younger, would be primarily interested in something most intoxicating.

~ Attempted summary.
Two types of freebies.

1 - Easy growing, fast flowering, high yielding, Sativa.

1 - Easy growing, fast flowering, high yielding, Indica.

To those out there interested in sending some freebies towards gypsy's way, Maybe use the “Easy growing, fast flowering, high yielding” as the primary goal when breeding.

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
I got a pack of Golden Skush freebies on my first order from Gypsy and they turned out to be (to my liking anyway) better than the primary pack i ordered.

So as Gypsy allways stresses, i made more seeds from them and have had so much fun giving back what was given to me.

MAKE MORE SEEDS!!!!!

I have a couple seed runs planned that should fit the bill nicely.

giving truly is better than receiving eh?

peace

bonz

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Lets face it........the availability of ordering seeds on-line has mushroomed over the last 10 years but lets not take this for granted for it may not be this way forever.....

The powers that be have in the last couple of years attempted and succeeded in clamping down on some of the seed companies in Canada and who knows........maybe they start to look east towards the EEC to attempt to do the same thing in the not-to-distant future?

....If every grower takes the responsibility upon them-selves to help propogate the species by at least producing some seeds with every crop and makes an effort to get these seeds into the hands of those that might grow them then we can all see that it is possible to continue to get and keep the world growing this plant in purgatory for many decades to come.....

....As you can see within my signature there lies a message........and this message is true for myself and many others......It can all start.....from a seed!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As an annual species cannabis seed (and clone) become less viable with age.
It is then important that erbalist produce fresh seed on an annual basis to off-set seed stocks that are old.
In this way fresh seed stock will always be available for growers to sow, grow and learn upon.

peace dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:
G

That's a thought. The way things are heading, getting good seeds via online shops is easy now. But we can't become relaxed that it's always going to be this way. At any time, any government can shut them down at will for any excuse. No matter the laws, if someone in a position of power decides they need to go, you can bank on the fact, they will be shut down by force for one reason or another.

I don't grow much, as I mentioned before, I only grow for myself so my little ganja farm isn't much to even speak of. I do like the sensimilla for my personal enjoyment, but I am not going to kill the males on the spot anymore. If I have two plants going, one will be pollenated, even if just a branch or two.

I'll store them and try to give them to anyone who wants them. If I can't give them away and they become too aged to be of any real good. They'll be soaked in a water bottle and then taken to a field and returned to nature.

GanjaLord said:
I'll store them and try to give them to anyone who wants them. If I can't give them away and they become too aged to be of any real good. They'll be soaked in a water bottle and then taken to a field and returned to nature.

Given the disturbing rise of facist tendencies in Europe and America, one should assume more persecution will be directed towards marijuana enthusiasts and their suppliers (i.e., seed banks, head shops, etc.).

Don't forget, folks: The EU is on its way to create one, centralized legal system with the stated goal of criminalizing marijuana use and cultivation. Unlike the Cold War, once all European countries have surrendered their sovereignty, there will be no place in Europe that will be free. See, in the Cold War, at least people behind the Iron Curtain could run to the West European countries to be free. When the only game in town are the goose-stepping jerkoffs that run the EU, you will have nowhere to turn. Brilliant!

As a result, I am setting up a small, 2-plant garden specifically to create seeds. Well, what I'm gonna do is grow 2 plants from seed at a time and expect 1 male and 1 female to make more seeds. If 2 females grow, then I get free weed. Yay! If 2 males grow, I'll just harvest and store the pollen, rip the plants and start another grow. Maybe I'll grow 2 different strains at a time and do some amateur breeding

Easy! :woohoo:

Odie-O

i can say i have benefited from free seeds from a freind who bought some and gave me a few from the free seed pack.i'm now in my 1st attempt to buy from nirvana seed bank and will give the free seeds away to freinds who will grow them.if the still give out free seeds that is:) if things go well and i get my ordered seeds i will gorw and pollinate 1 of each strained to make more seeds..hopefully i will be able to give something back in return if things go well.

Laxpunker

As long as I've been ordering from him he's been giving free seeds away, I doubt he'll stop any time soon.

G

Up date.

Up date.

Id only seen this a week ago whats been going on with this brilliant idea a sHell of alot of us would like to continue and make happen as professional as W/we can im hopeing,
and some of us having to be more stealth about the whole operation is were im at myself, im not sure how this will work out ? and been thinking on some good ways to show that what were produceing with our plants is the real deal and or what breed they truly are etc,
I myself dont name other growers plants without stating who's stock or seed/bank there from, as that would Truck up the whole excercise i think is trying to be accomplished, just simple ideas or rules that might come in handy for this. !?!

Plus the photo's help alot to show just whats what also, and then others can see were not full of shit you understand.

so heres my wee operation stealth kiwi " -Afgani pink clone only plant, and crossed with the R/Mans pure kodiak male, its still flowering also.

ive a few others il cross over also, there three differnt strains,(2 Indicas) of sagamarthas whose seeds are top of the line in my book. - bye.

IT ONLY WORKS IF W/WE WORK AT IT: - bambi.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I sent in a few pack's of my Lemon stinky which is a F1 hybrid of sensi star f x chronic m ,she take's 55-65 day's to bloom and is a very short stocky plant that hardly streches at all when induced to flower and as the name suggest's she stink's to high heaven of skunky,hashy lemon's with a sweet & spicy undertone's to her,she does well indoor's and out but outdoor's she finishes late oct and you'll need to keep a eye out for budrot in the last few week's especially if you live in UK/ northern europe if it's a cold and damp in autumn because the bud's are very dense.

Here's a few pic's of her ,enjoy.

V

vhGhost

marijuanamat that sounds like a very cool cross. does the bud have the same high as your sensi-star did ?

FYI Walmart has those little ziplock bags, 100 for $1. They are just clear bags and you can find them in the Craft Department. Larger sizes are also available.

Gypsy Nirvana Will freebee seeds be sent out mixed with other seeds, like a variety pack or will they sent out in a pack of ten with the Seed's name on the package?

Neptune said:
I would never give free seeds to any growers, becuase any growers I know do not need free 'bullshit' seed. They have their elite high yeilding cash cropping clones. I share clones with growers, after I select moms... not seed. No one appreciates seed unless they are total newbies.

I will say though, *I* appriciate the free seed. It makes my money go further. Furthering my chances to finmd some winning mothers, and most importantly... that "right" strain. ... that one strain that melts your mind!!!

Neptune, you contradict yourself. If you can find a winning mother from free seed, then they are not "bullshit" seed. Plus your grower friends maybe looking for a mother that has different qualities than what your looking for. I guess, you can appreciate free seeds but your green friends can not.

G

Sounds very good! Nice crosses will travel worldwide and become heirloom clone mothers:)
It look like Burmese x Dreamweaver(Burmese Dream) will be my next offering as freebies. I will have lots of them from the looks of things.
Peace and Seeds
MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.