What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Granny Haze was Born C99 x purple old timers haze

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
just to clesr up if i am understanding right, you are saying the green c99 is more potent and intense than the granny haze hybrid?

LostTribe

Premium user
just to clesr up if i am understanding right, you are saying the green c99 is more potent and intense than the granny haze hybrid?

No.

The green pheno of that particular c99 (actually a hybrid) was more potent than the other mom a purple one, both mothers used in this cross but I kept them separate. Have some separate still but the rest were accidentally mixed in with some other seed. The mothers, were from the recent re emergence of brothers grimm not from the old line and they are not pure c99. I pollenated them with ACE Purple Old-timer Haze, no longer available.

They still offer the Oldtimers which still has both purple and green phenotypes.

Potent, yes, but what little smoke I got off of this cross with ACE Purple Oldtimers Haze was absolutely incredible. You see the resin. Combine that to the high of OTH. You should get the point.

When I chopped that I promised I would only grow that next time. I forgot. Must have been some good stuff. I think I was really just upset that it wasn't pure c99, being a purist n all but its a hybrid anyway so that doesn't seem as important.

Hope that helps. So fortunate to have had the chance to run the POTH! Thank you always Dubi.
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
Honestly, Oldtimers Haze is the focus of this thread and the intent of crossing it was to shorten the flowering time of the extremely long flowering highland columbian plants found in POTH. The progeny proved much easier to grow, quicker, somewhat less stretch but with more resin and a stronger potency. The high is IMHO mostly related to the POTH only stronger due to the increase in resin production.

In the past I have had many different green c99 plants. I have a different one now which is pure. If I get around to it I should try some of the POTH pollen I saved on that cutting for comparison.

I started this thread when I had only been smoking the new c99 New99 for just a few weeks. I later decided it wasn't like the original you can look through the C99 thread in my signature.

Best
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
I got 2 girls looking very similar to the first try. They sure do start blooming quickly compared to Original haze going along side. I'll get some pics but they are 3-4 weeks in and just started to pump resin.