What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tangie Crocketts Cutt

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tangie must not agree with my palette, or I've never had a good sample of her. Because every time I've consumed it, whether it be smoking or concentrates, it tastes like parsley.

kaochiu

Veteran
Tangie is still worth a try if you're looking for loud tangerine-orange citrus. If also want a taste to match and a knockout high, well, can't have it all. Still, unbeaten smell in its own right. Surely there are better strains in other aspects. And worse.

OldCoolSativa

:laughing:

Man, you're just wrong, but whatever. Awards DO mean shit- it means a bunch of people smoked it, and compared it to a bunch of other strains, and then said Tangie is the best. It's not FAKE NEWS, wtf.

But thanks for your 'smoke report', lol.

I'll stand by my smoke report. Where's yours?

clearheaded

Man, you're just wrong, but whatever. Awards DO mean shit- it means a bunch of people smoked it, and compared it to a bunch of other strains, and then said Tangie is the best. It's not FAKE NEWS, wtf.

Na not really. OG cannabis cup folks had to by the sample, some coffee shops gave away samples which of course got more votes..

was it won by panel of judges OR public voting. many vendors when pop by there booth will give sale pitch and say oh we have a sample in the cup... skew results.

some growers have elite clone that seeds are then made from or have sifted through many seeds. So just because these guys sifted an outstanding cut and or just top grown outta the comp. so doesnt mean your pack is going to produce anything remotely like what was entered.

if a cup is over a weekend and there is 50+ samples while yes u MAY be able to taste them but to truly know the high etc I think people are just fooling themselves. so then becomes a look comp. many buds look and even smell good but fall flat buzz wise. after 4 dabs and few joints can u tell nuances of the next half gram joint?

Often cups are enetered by commercial producers trying to . be able to sell more that can afford to give away a lb and entry cost. and not boutique small growers thats truley best of best..

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Taste the rainbow

Taste the rainbow

Tangie must not agree with my palette, or I've never had a good sample of her. Because every time I've consumed it, whether it be smoking or concentrates, it tastes like parsley.

Yea, It wasn't grown properly or you were really actually smoking parsley:D Jk..

When you taste the orangey sweetness from the real tangie, you'll know for sure. Ran it awhile myself man. Very good for taste. High wasnt all that so I 86'd it...Cheers

OP

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Na not really. OG cannabis cup folks had to by the sample, some coffee shops gave away samples which of course got more votes..

was it won by panel of judges OR public voting. many vendors when pop by there booth will give sale pitch and say oh we have a sample in the cup... skew results.

some growers have elite clone that seeds are then made from or have sifted through many seeds. So just because these guys sifted an outstanding cut and or just top grown outta the comp. so doesnt mean your pack is going to produce anything remotely like what was entered.

if a cup is over a weekend and there is 50+ samples while yes u MAY be able to taste them but to truly know the high etc I think people are just fooling themselves. so then becomes a look comp. many buds look and even smell good but fall flat buzz wise. after 4 dabs and few joints can u tell nuances of the next half gram joint?

Often cups are enetered by commercial producers trying to . be able to sell more that can afford to give away a lb and entry cost. and not boutique small growers thats truley best of best..

Well, you're just a little ray of sunshine. I suppose all the fans of Tangie on this thread are full of shit too, eh? Give us some more of your wisdom on the subject.

G

GatorGumbo

Well, you're just a little ray of sunshine. I suppose all the fans of Tangie on this thread are full of shit too, eh? Give us some more of your wisdom on the subject.

He's actually kind of correct. Most seedbanks aren't bothering to truly stabilize their strains, and then factor in all the different ways you can grow them and you have a vast spectrum of the strain's general traits that can be exhibited from sample to sample within a pack of seeds. It's a numbers game for the cup, more plants to select from means more chances for a remarkable specimen to enter into a cup, it doesn't matter if there are 999 others that were only above average. You can have different end products from genetically identical plants grown even in the same conditions. You just play the genetic lottery and submit the cutting edge of your winnings, that's how strains keep improving and emerging.

I'm not saying that Tangie is bunk or anything, all I'm saying is that for a cup you go hard with selecting what you enter regardless of strain or strain consistency. There are cup winner packs that will have herms and die-offs, a cup win literally just means "a bunch of people smoked it, and compared it to a bunch of other strains, and then said *this smoke* is the best".

All 12 germed, one was a mutant dwarf, 3 males. So I have 8 females to test. Most are tall, narrow leaf Sativa leaning phenos.
One is a squat wide leaf Indica looking pheno that cloned like lightning.

Hey gang! I’m reporting on my Tangie grow. A couple phenos grew some balls but I was likely light stressing them and I think it was sterile pollen anyway but I made seeds this run so not positive who the fathers are.
Think I had 11 sprouts, vigorous plants, most were leaning Sativa but one leans Indica. Had at least 3 males. Used them all to seed them all.
Smoking T-#1 right now. Delicious grapefruit taste. Didn’t get the clone. Ffs.
The clones I did get aren’t the delicious ones. Ffs.
I’ll grow some seeds out and try again.

I did get Tangie #1 to clone and I found it in the bud room. YAY!! I cut the larfy branches off to try and clone.
I may pull T-1 out of the bud room and re- veg it, to make sure I get the mother.
The jar of T-1 is the last one I tied into and I didn’t realize it was great tasting until today........ffs.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
I grew a good Tangie a year ago.
I still have a few buds left
She has her very special taste and smell.
If you ever meet her, you´ll never forget her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

P

I had three real tasty phenos. But I like the grapefruit taste of #1.the best. Lasts the whole joint.
I’ll be keeping her around for a while. My mother collection is starting to kick some ass.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
If you are looking for Orange peel then there are alot of better cuts that come to mind. Why bother with Herman Munster, shady origin, weak high stuff with all the elite stuff you can get in seed form? If I didn't know better I would say that the whole Tangie name came from the sweet tangerine cut I grew way back outta NorCal and southern Oregon. The plants pictured in this thread look nothing like that cut though. Ohh..... the drama.....

meizzwang

Seems credible that some people got either a crappy outlier or acquired seeds from an unreliable sources claiming to distribute tangie whereas in fact they didn't get the real deal. I lucked out and had the eye popping, eye-brow raising aroma of actual tangerines that tangie is known for, but the high was definitely lackluster. I'm still impressed.

Latest posts

Latest posts