What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tangie Crocketts Cutt

OldCoolSativa

Butter fingers over here unable to edit posts.

album.php

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Seems that you've got the more indica leaning green pheno. The other distinct pheno, less smelly but giving amazing colours, golden, purple and red, with a sativa leaning high. That tangerine will prolly turn to sweet orange towards the end, and yes, extractions are spectacular, at least the dry shift. Better kept away from children as it does smells like a aromatized sweet.

After seeing your pics, I'm gonna have to pop the rest of my pack of Crockett's Tangie! Good stuff!

kaochiu

Veteran
They have some lacks, but honestly think they're worth it, just watch out for nanners. Also i don't control temps, they're grown indoors, but my room is like other people's outdoors. They had lows of 6-7C (40-45F), hence the sharp colours.

bennyh

Blaze...those first 3 went 70 days...#2 could have gone much longer I think. She just kept pumping out fresh pistols...but you know how it goes ya gotta stay on schedule sometimes and I don't think I'll be keeping that one around anyway. Here are some shots of #4. This one went 77 days and is probably the keeper. A little citrus but a ridiculously overpowering sugary candy thing going on. Kinda like a fresh popped can of fruit cocktail. Peachy candied cherry...amazing. Also looks to be a real good yielder. Tight nodes from top to bottom. I can definitely improve the yield with some more aggressive training.

Hope you all enjoy the photos. Peace out

tangie #4

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61504&pictureid=1448185&=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61504&pictureid=1448189&=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61504&pictureid=1448191&=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61504&pictureid=1448187&=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61504&pictureid=1448194&=1]View Image[/url]

Looks amazing not bad for popping 4 beans. 4 looks to be a keeper fore sure

CA farmer

Tangie from clone

Tangie from clone

Here are some shots of my Tangie in week 7. It's too early to call it but she looks really promising so far. Genetics from allstar in LA

Attachments

• IMG_3932.jpg
    IMG_3932.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3917.jpg
    IMG_3917.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3929.jpg
    IMG_3929.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3916.jpg
    IMG_3916.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3922.jpg
    IMG_3922.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 31

clearheaded

Let us know how the more purple phenos high is. there is a an orange strain from cali the purple happened to be high in CBD. looks very much the same and straight orange sourish candy.

meizzwang

Got the indica leaning pheno of Cro****'s Tangie, and it's definitely a terpene masterpiece. I smell tangerines, others have commented they smell guava, which might be more accurate for this particular individual plant grown. Without any agitation, cured buds still have an incredibly loud citrus smell to them. With rosin, it tastes pretty close to how it smells, but maybe some of the perceived sweetness disappears. This is an outstanding variety for extractions! If you smoke the buds, it tastes like high quality cannabis, but if you really want to experience that citrus flavor, it's highly recommended to vape instead.

At harvest, the plant didn't show any colorful pigments, but several branches were left on for seeds. A month of cold temps. turned all the leaves solid purple!

The high seems sativa dominant yet a bit mild and lackluster in my opinion, but I do find myself going back to Tangie every now and then because the flavor is so damn amazing!
38791818842_daf34cc3fc_c.jpg

CA farmer

Let us know how the more purple phenos high is. there is a an orange strain from cali the purple happened to be high in CBD. looks very much the same and straight orange sourish candy.

Sounds good, will do. This one will go to sc labs so I can chime in on cbd content. Candy orange is the best description of the nose right now. Here's some more shots.

Attachments

• IMG 1343
    IMG 1343
    80.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_3949.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3937.jpg
    IMG_3937.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3943.jpg
    IMG_3943.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 29

OldCoolSativa

I never posted a smoke report on the Tangie I finished 10 months ago. The plant with the loudest smell hermed and seeded itself massively. The smell changed from fresh tangerine to a more subdued, somewhere rotten smell, which is a bummer. I still keep a cut of that plant because the smell up until the end of flower was so loud and citrus, and it was a big yielder.

This grow taught me that a frosty, great smelling plant isn't necessarily a good one, because the potency of all these plants sucked, and the high was dull and muddled. I'd give it a 5/10 at best. It shows what happens when weed is bred for terps and quality of effect is ignored. I still have a bunch of this stuff left and I'm embarrassed to give it away. Pretty much a complete waste of time and resources. I'm over the terp thing and have moved on to hazes and pure sativas.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Well gee, you know, Tangie has won many awards, so if you don't like it, or you didn't get a good one, that's too bad. Tangie is the real deal.

OldCoolSativa

Awards don't mean shit. I grew and sampled 4 plants, which I think is a decent representation, and I was less than impressed, as were my friends who tried it. It has great potential for finding plants that have good citrusy terpenes, but the quality of the high is lacking. That's what's most important to me.

Bjorn, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Awards don't mean shit. I grew and sampled 4 plants, which I think is a decent representation, and I was less than impressed, as were my friends who tried it. It has great potential for finding plants that have good citrusy terpenes, but the quality of the high is lacking. That's what's most important to me.

Bjorn, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks man. I have 9 up out of 12. I’m “only” looking for tasty fire......that clones easy.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
:laughing:

Man, you're just wrong, but whatever. Awards DO mean shit- it means a bunch of people smoked it, and compared it to a bunch of other strains, and then said Tangie is the best. It's not FAKE NEWS, wtf.

But thanks for your 'smoke report', lol.