What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500

cyat

Veteran
Green cleaner has sodium laureleth sulfate,which is the same stuff in most shampoos that doesn't wash off completely for 3 months ..

Moving to colorado, getting shit set up. I might make a thread. Started running organic soil, probably do some side by sides as well - canna coco, soil, and organics bottle nutes shootout. One of these days. Maybe in a couple runs. I just popped six bag seeds so should have a good mystery strain hunt thread to go along with it lol

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Moving to colorado, getting shit set up. I might make a thread. Started running organic soil, probably do some side by sides as well - canna coco, soil, and organics bottle nutes shootout. One of these days. Maybe in a couple runs. I just popped six bag seeds so should have a good mystery strain hunt thread to go along with it lol

good luck on the move - you will love the flavor of organics - bag seed hunts are awesome

heres some pics from the c99 yesterday

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

coldcanna

Veteran
Hey man, for those late in flower pest issues you can make your own spray, simmer hot peppers and tobacco in water. Before the buds show up neem every week. Clean and bomb flower room between every run. But anyways, great work on your first run!

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Hey man, for those late in flower pest issues you can make your own spray, simmer hot peppers and tobacco in water. Before the buds show up neem every week. Clean and bomb flower room between every run. But anyways, great work on your first run!

thanks, ill try that if i run out of this other shit in my toolbox - ive heard that is very effective how do the buds taste after the capsaicin and niccotine are spreyed, can you tell any dif ?

rykus

I'll have to read through your whole. Journey here but just from the start I'm going to say I like your style.lol!

I started growing when I was 12 so was hard ( mid 30's now) to get f all for support, except m emery would sell us seeds, lol.but all our first grows where built on the free end of the scale. Not that I condone it but we use to push the dumpsters behind shopping malls under the lights and stack shopping carts till we could un wire them, in fact that's how we learned to wire 240v..... They where little 75w hps but then we realized the white lights on road signs where 250w halides, being the degenerate little shit smears we where we would break the bulb them when hyways dep fixed we would bring a tire rubber boots and a machete....brand new 250w...

Lots of people miss out on the learning curve of building outside the hydro store over priced realm. Glad to see ya having fun and kickin ass over here! I'll take the full read when I get a few.

Cheers

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I'll have to read through your whole. Journey here but just from the start I'm going to say I like your style.lol!

I started growing when I was 12 so was hard ( mid 30's now) to get f all for support, except m emery would sell us seeds, lol.but all our first grows where built on the free end of the scale. Not that I condone it but we use to push the dumpsters behind shopping malls under the lights and stack shopping carts till we could un wire them, in fact that's how we learned to wire 240v..... They where little 75w hps but then we realized the white lights on road signs where 250w halides, being the degenerate little shit smears we where we would break the bulb them when hyways dep fixed we would bring a tire rubber boots and a machete....brand new 250w...

Lots of people miss out on the learning curve of building outside the hydro store over priced realm. Glad to see ya having fun and kickin ass over here! I'll take the full read when I get a few.

Cheers

I figured most growers are the resourceful type, open when opportunity comes knocking. You sound like the kinda kid I wouldve grown up with. hydro stores are fine when you need that whatchamawidget that you cant get anywhere else or dont have time to wait for shipping, outside of that, theyre great to the established growers as well. I just felt that hydro was cramping my style which is mostly i just wanna water every few days and let the herd take care of the rest. Read that as lazy or smart lol

thanks for the sub!

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Happy Anniversary, Boyd !

I was just looking at this thread, started 2-15-15.

wow, no shit! i didnt realize i was a full year in on this thing.

All told, the dwc stuff is mostly collecting dust,but the pumps and other shit are handy in so many situations, Im glad i started there. I pcked up a lil mini tote to experiment on a bubble cloner again, I like the super fast roots, and need an excuse to get this GH nute stuff outta the cabnet and use it. Thing is my domes dont fit and Im kinda not wanting to cut them up to make it work.

Anyways, the only stuff im not using on occasion is my ppm meter since going to organix. The organics route is a completely different flavor profile in the weed. The mollasses I use in the teas are DEFINTELY apparent when smoking, along with a far smoother smoke on the lungs.

I have maybe 3500 invested so far, but I honestly lost track after I broke even. Im building some 4x4 raised beds for the upcoming spring and Im gonna try a coots mix from some place where you build a soil yourself. Ill be making that next month and prolly do a lil pic tute on it.

either way , Ive run into so many obstacles the last 6 months and its been really fun learning from them. Borg, microherd management, soil amendments and fish sauces when in doubt,sst's all kinda whacky ideas from ic keeps me coming back here to share with yall.

post up some of your own stuff here anytime. this is my kinda catchall thread now and make sure to come by the new thread where I go vertical for the first time as well.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
what a difference a year brings
im all organic now
growing vertical
soil is mostly dialed in
still hgavent found a girl i wanna monocrop
trying to sort low humidity vs airflow now
looks like ima need to spring for a ten head fogger and dump it into a trashcan
with some ducting to brute force the RH problems

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I began growing in 2000 with three plants and one light.

It was not until 2011 that I quit my day job and went full time gardening. Seems there are many ways to do this right but even more ways to destroy harvests.

In the end we both enjoy fine smoke with stacked shelves of used equipment no longer needed.

As for monocropping, I germinated 200 seeds donated by folks that all swore they were great. The final winner was cloned and grown exclusively for four years. That plant enabled me to go full time with confidence.

Picture of a bud under the fourth generation light system.

"What a long strange trip its been"

Attachments

• The green portion is shaded from the LED and lit by the CMH.  Plants are turned twice daily for .jpg
    The green portion is shaded from the LED and lit by the CMH. Plants are turned twice daily for .jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 13

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
That is incredibly beautiful homeslice!
bUGS , iM WORKING MY WAY THRU THEM PACKS BRO - THAT C99 YOU GIFTED ME IS MY CURRENT FAV!
However of all the packs ive run through it looks like the very last strain is a potential keepr

stacks of gear , mean you got options, you could expand , or just be comfortable with having backups

My 3 light rig is currently 2 600w in 1 cooltube
check my ghettogrow engineering

as you can see , i can touch the glass right at the bulb; best heat management outside of leds imho

ManyManySpliffs

Hey Boyd, just came across your thread. Love the progress you've made since the beginning. I was just curious about that first grow. The one you called mideys with seeds. Do you remember how she smoked and what were you letting her go for? I know back in the day my worst outdoor was better than most dealers best mid. Could've easily sold as loud/gas, even with seeds.

ManyManySpliffs

That was pretty good for a first grow, way better than mine.. lol My first grow was an outdoor grow, ended up with about 3 ounces from like 4 plants in pots. Which in my opinion is real shitty for outdoor, especially knowing all that I know now.