What's new

Amsterdam

upNORTH

I'm going to be in Amsterdam April 1-6 and I'm trying to get some ideas of what I have to do, first time. any ideas anyone? Thanks

limegreenlimey

Finding out which coffee shops have which strains at any given time is quite tricky. Some seedbanks have close relations with specific coffeeshops (Greenhouse being an obvious example) and others, apparently not.

My coffeeshop recommendations as follows:
YoYo - kind, organic and bio weed (not all of which is spectacular so ask to sniff it first) quiet, sunny, adult (not in that way) place to hang out.
Katsu - best place for vapes? Possibly. Always some very good weed and a good selection of hash.
Siberie - usually good tunes and good weed. Not too touristy but very close to centraal station.
Barney's Breakfast Bar (the one on the corner on Haarlemmerstraat) - mucked around since they rebuilt the coffeeshop a few doors down and the bar across the road. You can't (or couldn't) buy weed here but can smoke inside and it has a nice atmosphere, high ceilings, big windows and a touch of sun at the pavement tables outside. (The weed from the coffeeshop is usually quite good ; worth asking - as always - what's best in)
The University trio of Dutch Flowers, TweedeKamer and Dampkring are all up by Spui ("Spow") and all are worth visiting. TweedeKamer is too small to hang out in but sometimes has really excelent pot ; Dutch Flowers often has really excellent hash and just as frequently, really rude staff ; Dampkring is quite corporate and at the same time, a bit of a hobbit hole and is rather pricey BUT they do have very good hash, if you are willing to pay for it.

Other things to do:
Van Gogh is the must see of the art galleries.
The Hortus Botanicus is totally awesome - I go every time in every season
Go on a boat ride with http://amsterdamboatclub.com/ - you can smoke and drink on the boats. The tour is always fun and interesting (and cheap)
Hire a bike and wobble your way round - it's a good way of getting out to YoYo and Katsu and other places out from the centre

Sit down eats:
Amsterdam has lots of fast food options so I'll skip that...
November on Spuistraat - good fixed price menu, good food
Singel 404 on Singel - deli sandwichy action
Haarlem on Haarlemmerstraat - bit sandwiches and salads
Thaise Snackbar Bird on Zeedijk - Thai
Joselito on Haarlemmerstraat - Tapas/Spanish.

General tips:
The Dutch aren't rude but it usually take a bit to break the ice. Be nice and polite and they usually warm up a bit
The Red Light district isn't dangerous but there are a predictable number of blaggers and pickpockets around so watch your back. Nighttime is tourist time - the busiest time for the girls is lunchtime. The area ranges from interesting to seedy
Queues for the Anne frank house can get very long so go early if you want to go there
Don't bother with taxis.
Don't - please, please - don't buy the first weed you see from the first coffeeshop you see. Though quality has improved somewhat since the government cut the number of coffeeshops in town, there are still traps and dives and all round crap houses. You can wait the extra ten minutes to find some really good stuff.
Don't fall in, swim in or piss in the canals

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Plan a day for Museums.... Be sure to go to the Modern Art (Stedelijk) exhibition..

Go out to concerts.. Melkweg (Milky Way) is a great venue.

Be Comfortable.. The Dutch are non-threatening - very magnanamous hosts... They only get boisterous after considerable amounts of Alcohol....

Talk quietly in public - Us 'Merkins sometimes talk too loud... Nederlanders include this trait in our Stereotyped image.. Also, dress a little nicer there. You'll get treated better.

Have respect for people in general.

Have a GREAT time...!!! It is Adult Disneyland..>!!

Cheers..

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enjoy the city squares and parks. take some time just to chill at them. go see the tulips.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I thought the Chinese food at Wing Kee was pretty good.
If you are into boats or maritime history check out the Scheepvaart Museum.
I'd give the Hortus Botanicus a thumbs up also, as limegreenlimey stated.

Good pair of shoes and socks, many socks... I walked everywhere when i went. Had a blast but the blisters got to be the size of fifty cent pieces. Hehe... Good fun though.

Bluebird i think it is, has a really cool upper bar area where you used to be able to people watch.

Gotta get the ak47 at rusland too, it will split your skull. Have fun!

Channels.nl is a great resource and forum.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
find some good Marocco HAsh , and mix that shit with there weed ,smoke that shit! rock some gold? , get a prostie?,
live it up
TS

Let me rephrase that... Channels.nl/forum used to be a good resource. Could still be helpful but it looks like the forum disapeared.

upNORTH

Alright thanks everyone, I'm at the airport now, flight leaves in hour n a half, 8 hour flight. I'll sleep on the flight & I snore haha. I'm going to greenhouse first, try some Hawaiian snow and hash maybe brownies too

upNORTH

for sure thanks, i only slept like a half hour on the plane. I couldnt find Greenhouse yesterday but now i got directions. I stopped at the Grasshopper and got some really good Kali Mist and i got Amnesia Haze at the Bulldog. i'll get pics up later, today i'm goin to greenhouse, its like 5 min from my hotel

upNORTH

i didnt get pics of the hawaiian snow, the super silver haze and the super lemon haze. All really good, hawaiian snow tastne like fruity pebbles, u know what the lemon haze tasted like and smelled like a straight lemons and the super silver haze was just really good too.

H

Hoover_lungz

GrassHopper is a tourist trap with baking poweder weed, get yourself over to green place, grey area for sum good smoke.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
GrassHopper is a tourist trap with baking poweder weed, get yourself over to green place, grey area for sum good smoke.

I'd print the coffeeshop map off Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory. Lots of good places on there.

If the weather is good. Vondelpark is a great place to sit under a tree and have a smoke.

Hire a bike! It is fun and easy and if you get lost just follow a canal until you see a coffeeshop then refer to ACD map and you know where you are!

I like 420 the best probably.

upNORTH

i did make it to Grey Area, small space but they do have some good bud. I like Greenhouse over Grey area because the coffee at GH is really good but they both offer good weed.

Kandy Kush from Grey Area

bubble hash, 2011 cannabis cup winner from Grey Area

Alpen rock

Hello. Try coffeeshop voyager's,close to centraal station.you Will fr sure find what you are after.the weed is consistently well grown,flushed and cured, which is not so common up there these days!!tell us what you think.enjoy

Latest posts

Latest posts