What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CAN YOU HELP TEST NEW SEEDBOUTIQUE?

S

SCROG McDuck

You have Rezs' - sour diesel listed on Beta...!

The old SB isn't working!!!! No SD!!!

Really....

It is easier to navigate.. I'll go back and play..
Looks good..

I do not see currency conversion..

When adding to basket, entering '5' (Eg) for the # of seeds packs.. puts only 1 into cart..

Clicking 'shopping cart' at the top of the pages, takes one back to youtr intial
'do you want to order seeds' page... ?? dont know if you want it that way..

T

tricky

found no probs my end i went easy on you GN only ordered 130 quids worth :tiphat: just gonna wait for the postman next week :laughing:
looks cool GN :)

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Nice layout on the eyes and does the job :good: Any issues I've got have already been mentioned. Very nice work Gypsy and Crew can't wait to use it for real :biggrin:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i dont prefer the new layout if im honest,,

the seedlist seems convoluted now being alphabetical and all over the place,, if your expecting another 10/20 seed companies in the future then it makes sense but otherwise id just have it in one list,,

i dont like the giant seed/seedling and nug on the home page banner,, that just seems to slap me in the face,, everyone knows thats what they are on the site for ,, plus if people are surfing somewhere in public, or around people maybe you shouldnt be, and there's a giant nug on the webpage its a bit on top,,,,

and i dont like the background being white,, its too bright for my stoned eyes at 3 in the morning

i agree with b8man about it reminding him of attitude,, but i feel it reminds me of a fair few other sites as well now,, tbh the style doesnt make it stand out imo, or make me trust the source particularly,,,

it seems way too much in the vain of modern internet sites for me and feels a bit like the identity of the site is lost..

ive been buying my gear where possible soley off the SB's for over a decade and always will i should imagine,,and i dont care that much so i hope this doesnt come across as me bitching,, its just not the way i would have gone personally,,, and it doesnt feel unique enough to be the new sb,,

it will probably help sales in the long run though,, because i should imagine all the new generations of growers will start to expect that generic style of seedbank webpage more and more and the guys did a tidy job,,

compared to everyone else it seems like ive torn into the new site,, maybe im too opinionated,, ill get used to it in no time

:ying:

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice n easy to use :yes: :yes:
the only thing that I personally don't really like, is the huge banner..also, in the reviews box, the images are appearing a bit streched/ compressed.

edit
by clicking the Shopping Basket link (not the View basket button) , it redirects to the main/submit page

Last edited:
I

Iron_Lion

Gypsy- New seedboutique website

Gypsy- New seedboutique website

Hey gypsy I've been playing around with the new seedboutique layout. I was going to post this in the thread but the site wouldnt let me. It looks good, I like the new look, its very modern and clean. The only thing I didnt see that would be helpful is a currency selector. I also just noticed that when you click on "shopping basket" at the top of the page it takes you to the disclaimer page.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Didn't want to read through the whole thread so sorry if redundant.

Clicking on shopping basket from Rez's seed section takes you back to home page. Not "view cart".

Edit: Clicking on Shopping basket from anywhere takes you back to home page. Not "view cart"

Last edited:
Also, I use the Chrome web browser, and the news feed on the left side of the website is too far right so the scrolling text overlaps the list of seeds.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my opinions since you wanted them:

-the top logo, bad idea, sticks out like a sore thumb, and doesn't blend into the black background

-like the colors on the top, the black with the creme brown text

-the (seed list, clothing, apparel ) should be on the side, with one pic in the right fading out, does not look as nice going from side to side, always stick with going down, not across

-under seeds section, you need to clan it up and get rid of the letters that dont have any seed brands, also if the seed brand has fem or 5 packs, it should go like this : DJ SHORT ( 5 PACK, FEMS ) to simplify and clean up the text

-why the space in some of the seed list, like look at C, it has way to big a gap and doesn't flow into D

-finally got rid of the damn , black label seed category

-would like to seed the ABC block letters in the seed category worked on, looks cheap and like someone built a website in 5 minutes

-looks tacky to use the connected lines of the letter of seed in the seed category ( hope you know what I mean )

-the whole side bar ( reviews, login, news ) is way to big, shrink it in a little

-the top with the follow us on ( twitter, and stuff ) way to big once again, should be dropped to the bottom of the page , I thought you were looking for clean and efficient

-only use pics fading to black for seed pics

-for seed pics, dont ever have vertical and horizontal pics... bad taste to use and confuses the eyes and does not blend well

-the seed list doesn't have the ( new seed ) , that's under the clothing ???

I could go on and on, its what I do, I can see a problem in anything.. Im gonna stop as any more and I would start charging... also people will say I have such high taste, its rarely ever met.. so excuse the comments if they seem harsh, I'm just to the point..

good luck on the new site

Last edited:

Bulldog11

Veteran
LSD under bog cannot be added to cart.

Also Karma Genetics Jamil Sayyida cannot be added to cart. Cant click on box.

Actually now that I investigate more, any seed offered in the 2nd row, left most slot, cannot be clicked on to be put into cart.

H

HippyJohnny

I have a slow pc running linux and firefox.
Most all I saw has already been reported, my issue is it runs" really "slow on my laptop. Does not pop at all.
Bay and boo and icmag all run great on the same laptop.

New is good, overall I like it.

Bulldog11

Veteran
I will play more with the site later but for the most part it looks to be an improvement. I like the new colors and banners but I don't like the new seed listing. I like alphabetical order and all, but seems kind of "blah". Just my two cents and thanks for putting in some hard work for your customers.

statusquo

A gnat shaped bug: On Chrome the Recent News box is scrolling too far to the right of the area it's meant to be scrolling in, so that it's overlapping the main text.

And yeah, that banner thing with the secure login.

IMHO, the site looks a bit generic now. Reminds me of Attitude's site.

Same problem/thoughts.

J

John Bourne

great feedback so far, please keep them coming. as for the speed issue, it's less to do with the site and more to do with the fact that it's on a dummy server, that we're just using for testing purposes. once the site is up on our servers, it will run much faster.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
love beta testing...

here is what i found so far...

-the social network links are hidden behind the seed list link.
-the search function is hidden behind the accessories link.
-the site instantly drives up my cpu utilization to 100% using firefox 3.6.11 and vidalia/tor. i suspect a runaway javascript.
-you can no select any seed offering that appears in the first spot on the second line of all seed vendors.
-once i add seeds to basket, the vendors page then displays another vendors seeds. add casey jones from head and heads offerings then became chimera's without the second page. all seeds were listed on the first page. this also happened and displayed dj shorts offerings. this happened with all of the vendors i have tried thus far but only about 80% of the time.
-you can not add any more than one of each offering to your cart. there is no way to update this.
-after you confirm your order you get put back on the page to confirm order. i dont know if it was confirmed or not.
example of links being hidden
picture.php

Site works great....one thing i noticed is that some products cannot be added to cart from vendor page until page is reloaded.

Latest posts

Latest posts