What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official 1 sqft Challenge

dabbler

Hi Guys,
I'm at day 58 of 12/12 but still throwing out white hairs:

I think it may be another week or two before the harvest. Ordinarily it would not be a problem but I have my brother over to visit in early-March and I'd like some time for it to dry and cure.
I might have to cut the daylight hours and give up a bit of yield - I dont like to do this but I'm dry and my bro is looking forward to trying my handywork.
I've just started another girl into flower that should yield more than this one as it has many more potential budsites but this one should set the bar in the competition at least for a bit...

Yield will not be as high as it could be as its showing signs of illness but I reckon an ounce plus:

I dont like to wish my life away but I cant wait to have her in a bowl :joint:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 07

picture.php

Cab shot

picture.php

The cab shot shows the plants after they have been put back into the cab 'rotated'; front row went to the back, middle row is now front row and the back row is now the middle row in the cab.

Even tho the rows are rotated in the cab, all the compilation pics will show the same row 1 on the left , row 2 in the middle and row 3 on the right.

The Sour Creeks in row 2 are not stretching much. They should have gone in later, but I wouldn't have had 9 plants ready to start without them. The other plants were ready, so instead of starting them all late like the first round, I opted for starting a couple a bit too early. It'll prolly bite me in the ass by yielding a 1g budlet haha, but if the other 7 yield more than the first round, I'll still me more than happy with this round.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I finally got around to throwing a thermometer in the cab to see what the min/max temp/humidity is.

Day 10

This is with the cab running 5 x 23w CFLs 12/12.

I put the sensor in the the cab in the morning.

The main unit was placed at plant level and the remote sensor was hung in the air closer to light level.

I closed up the cab, came back about 2 hours later and reset the Min/Max for the temps and humidity, then closed the box back up.

24 hrs later I opened the cab up and took readings.

Temps

Plant Level

Min - 65F
Max - 70F

Remote sensor

Min - 67F
Max - 82F

Humidity

Min - 30%
Max - 52%

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm doing good Thundurkel. I see in your threads that you're growing right along!

It's the end of week 2 and except for row 2, things appear to be going good.

picture.php

Cab shot

picture.php

The stretching should be getting done by the end of next week. I plan on raising the plants up into the lights at that point and keeping them up there until the end.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so here's what I'm doing hope it's ok I don't see why not.. I know I'm not winning but still want to compete in it SO, since I use my smaller 1.5sq ft cab for starting my perpetual girls in the first 2 weeks of flower and I can't use them what I did was vegged a SR71 Purple Kush bonsai cuz this strain just wont stretch for me so I figure I will just grow out bonsais and take 2 or 3 cuts to clone and by the time that bonsai finishes flowering I should have another one ready to pop in there cuz I want at least 10g off this bitch cuz I've got no more than 4g on my last PK runs in SOG so I'm going topped bush bonsai!!!

Is that cool Organicmunk???

picture.php

Here's my contestant.. She's a SR71 Purple Kush bonsai that I vegged for 2-3 months to get that size(slow ass bitch) and topped the shit out of her so I could have more tops.
picture.php

Here is where she sits in the 1.5 sq ft cab with the other girls
picture.php

And this is her at 10 days into flowering looking a little lite on N

I hope this is ok I don't see why not since I'm handicapped IMO

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok so here's what I'm doing hope it's ok I don't see why not.. I know I'm not winning but still want to compete in it SO, since I use my smaller 1.5sq ft cab for starting my perpetual girls in the first 2 weeks of flower and I can't use them what I did was vegged a SR71 Purple Kush bonsai cuz this strain just wont stretch for me so I figure I will just grow out bonsais and take 2 or 3 cuts to clone and by the time that bonsai finishes flowering I should have another one ready to pop in there cuz I want at least 10g off this bitch cuz I've got no more than 4g on my last PK runs in SOG so I'm going topped bush bonsai!!!

Is that cool Organicmunk???

picture.php

Here's my contestant.. She's a SR71 Purple Kush bonsai that I vegged for 2-3 months to get that size(slow ass bitch) and topped the shit out of her so I could have more tops.
picture.php

Here is where she sits in the 1.5 sq ft cab with the other girls
picture.php

And this is her at 10 days into flowering looking a little lite on N

I hope this is ok I don't see why not since I'm handicapped IMO

aww yah she looks super super dooper great.

that looks just like the way I want my reveging plants to end up looking soon.
very very very very very nice work.:woohoo:

Thundurkel thats fine im just stoked you decided to join us i was kinda bummed when you and the doc bailed on us but yea thats is totally cool im running behind a bit anyways i forgot about my seedlings for a while and it is certainly showing but i have turned things around so ill post some pics in the next couple of week

dabbler

Harvest Day!

Harvest Day!

Any prizes for finishing 1st?
I chopped my girl today - 179 grams wet manicured bud and 35 grams wet trim from exactly 1 sq ft. Dried it will be somewhere between 35 and 45grams ~ around the .5gramms per watt :joint:
The buds are really quite dense - really suprising results for what can be done with a 85watt cfl bulb in a kitchen cupboard!
I'm fairly happy with the result as she was suffering nute lock-out for the last month. It's my 1st proper indoor grow so I don't know her potential, but I think this could be doubled or trebled with a proper feeding schedule....
The bar has been set nice and low to start with - looking forward to seeing your results:joint:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any prizes for finishing 1st?
I chopped my girl today - 179 grams wet manicured bud and 35 grams wet trim from exactly 1 sq ft. Dried it will be somewhere between 35 and 45grams ~ around the .5gramms per watt :joint:

Very nice results. The bud looks nice and crystally.

Are the buds in the shot below 'trimmed'?

picture.php

Throw another plant in and you could still fit another round in the challenge!

Last edited:

urbanfunk

i might have been over watering......

nutrients in the OF earthworm castings, bat guano, and Pacific Northwest sea-going fish and crab meal. Composted forest humus, sandy loam, and sphagnum peat moss

as far as i know thats from the website....

sorry for not posting pics of my box i assumed the old square foot challenge was linked to this one

the box is approximately 12"x12"x36"

Veg: 125watt=625watt 5000k 8120 lumen

flower: 125 cfl and 3 23watt 2700k 1600 lumen (each)....12920 lumen in all

Picture023.jpg
Picture027.jpg
Picture035.jpg

Picture039.jpg
Picture036.jpg
Picture.jpg

Lol Loving that speaker grow.. pmsl thats one of the best micros grows i seen for sure.. Might be the fact im a music producer but gotta get me one of them..lol Nice n neat too.. but id drop the fence as i prefer to lst (altho looks good in there).. but thats just my preference mate..

My grow: http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112012

dabbler

Hi Blynx,
The photos are of trimmed buds - I trimmed then weighed the buds - 179grams.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#
I grew this last summer and there were many more trichs on the fan leaves from the outdoor stuff but buds are full of trichs - mostly cloudy with a few ambers. I would have let it go another week but I need a toke!
I've just set another into flower and I expect to get a much improved result. For one, it has been vegging longer and I'll try not to overfeed this girl.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess I'll call out the elephant in the room. IMO those nugs need to be manicured before the final weight. Iv'e seen mexi weed trimmed better than that. No offense.

dabbler

Hey Kaotic,
What do mean about the elephant ???? Just say what you mean and quit your bitchin!
The buds were trimed of all the leaves that were not covered in trichs - thats the way I do it. If you don't like it, tuff shit!
Stick that in you pipe and smoke it! No offense of course....
If the sugar leaves are loaded with trichs, them keep'em on!
I'm not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes - I'm the 1st to post my results and indeed my 1st attempt at growing indoor, I'd be very suprised if I won the comp as I know that I will double my results once dailed in.
Good luck to the rest of the entrants in the comp!!!

kii

wow theres a lot of people here :D

thanks for inviting me organicmunk my 1sqft cab isnt running right now but if this thing goes another round ill gladly start on the set date. anyways ill keep an eye out

goodluck everyone

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Kaotic,
What do mean about the elephant ???? Just say what you mean and quit your bitchin!
The buds were trimed of all the leaves that were not covered in trichs - thats the way I do it. If you don't like it, tuff shit!
Stick that in you pipe and smoke it! No offense of course....
If the sugar leaves are loaded with trichs, them keep'em on!
I'm not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes - I'm the 1st to post my results and indeed my 1st attempt at growing indoor, I'd be very suprised if I won the comp as I know that I will double my results once dailed in.
Good luck to the rest of the entrants in the comp!!!

If I were around I'd definatley smoke it. I'm not raggin on your harvest. Just cause the leaves are covererd in trichs doesen't mean they are bud. Trust me your smoke will taste a lot better if you trim it up. Looks good for a first grow, just trying to help ya out. Hope ya get it dialed in.

P.S With all the leaves it's not the true weight. I guess it does not matter it's just a friendly competition. No need to argue over a few extra grams. Sorry for starting the shit slingin that was predicted.