What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How about a PCK x Bangi Haze Hybrid ?

The last couple of weeks I ruminate on which ACE reg strains to buy.

PCK and Bangi are among the favorites.

Although I am quite new to this hobby, I am thinking about the possibilty to use those two strains as parents.
Would this make sense?

Bangi is a stabilized F8 hybrid and PCK a landrace strain.

At first I though about to breed one of these strains to get more beans but it might be an interesting adventure to cross these two lines.

What do you think about it ?

:bigeye:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
there's congo which is congo heavy with a wee bit of pck; personally typically like to keep my sativas and mostly sativas separate from my indica heavy strains, but there are the amazing exceptions... a half bangi haze half pck might be killer. never had either though.

Rembetis

what would you gain from such a cross? Not trying to be mean but I dont understand the constant need to cross everything to everything else. If there are weaknesses in a line why not work on the line itself rather than bring in something else?

Right.
I air not aiming for a specific benefit in that cross besides creating beans.

Maybe I am better of to pollinate within the strains. PCK x PXK, BH xBH
My shameless goal is to stock up on seeds since every order is a risk for me.

But, who am i kidding. There are so many strains so explore and visiting the ACE website feels like candystore.

Still, creating your own beans, even it is just a multiplication within a strain, must feel rewarding, I guess.

Rembetis

You should make seed. Most of us do. I was curious if there was something specific you were aiming for in the cross rather than just another random cross

RizlaMan

Make the seeds. You could explore making femininzed crosses, it's not difficult.

Grow them out.

Explore the fruits of your labor.

Enjoy.

Making fem seeds, uh that sounds very interesting.
I have very limited grow space.

Working with regs should become very labour intensive.

I am about to place the order.
Undiced the more I think about it.

ArcticHerbsman

Yea, its fun to make your own seeds! You can do both within lines, and try the cross as well. Then you have two stable lines to play with, and your own cross to explore. My guess for pck x bangi is tasty, relaxed daytime smoke, and fast, easy to grow plants. Best of luck!

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Goldhamster,

As nepalnt21 correctly pointed out, never felt like breeding a Bangi Haze x PCK cross yet since our Congo strain is already a very early flowering Congolese/PCK hybrid, but if you like Bangi Haze and PCK then i encourage you to try the cross yourself :yes:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Congo is on my short list dubi!

I would...

Make seeds of each line first then look through the results and make your cross from those as you have time.

No one should feel shame in making seeds from the purchased seeds. Once you buy them they are yours to do as you see fit. When I buy beefsteak tomato seeds I make more. Same thing.

Latest posts

Latest posts