What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Returning to the classics - Widow & Skunk recommends?

Happy Times

Drilling down into a more specific part of the Skunk Venn diagram, been curious about Blues from Underground Originals for a while

Jayded

Underground originals have some of the better skunk no1 based strains.I've smoked some very tasty exo cheese/blues(cant remember what they call it)and blues from their seeds

LostTribe

Premium user
I decided to try DP's WW fem as I loved it back in 02. Sitting about 40 days and this single is still developing a scent but I am not sure its the same. It did grow easily short and bushy and dark green but I am actually not sure on the scent so don't want to comment yet.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Skunk 1 nothing lemon...., skunk have a little fermented fruit but no lemon

Hi,Gretaldus I see that you dont know genepool of Skunk1 seeds.
Yes there is Lemon in Sk 1...Grow few packs and you will find it.
Same phenos you can find in Lemon skunk seeds,and Lemon Haze seeds....
Grow and learn.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
DP WW is more skunky,while original WW smells Hazy like from S.American parrent and it was more sativa thats one i like.
There is famous cut of WW in Spain which smell Hazy that is the best pheno of WW i know.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
For SK#1 Sensi seems the obvious choice.
It's never been totally stable and has produced many offspring that we buy under other labels. From the quite different seeming Cheeses to the similar looking pineapples. It can produce things over a very wide pallet. Just be sure to get it down before the rot sets in.

Greatdalas

Hi,Gretaldus I see that you dont know genepool of Skunk1 seeds.
Yes there is Lemon in Sk 1...Grow few packs and you will find it.
Same phenos you can find in Lemon skunk seeds,and Lemon Haze seeds....
Grow and learn.

Lemon skunk and lemon haze are hibrids no only skunk
The old skunk I know is the pungent /roadkill nothing lemon, lemon only in hibrids, for example lemon skunk is skunk x lemon las Vegas, nothing skunk ibl

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Love Lemon Skunk. I just had them out the fridge after reading your post Greatdalas. I barely resisted starting them. Which would be my third batch looking for the keeper I lost a while back. It can have almost all the commercial traits a cash cropper wants and still a great taste and nice lifting high, which isn't a way of saying it's weak.

I use the Greenhouse version. Skunk x Citral. Citral being a Super Skunk crossed with a stand out Pakistani. So 8 weeks to a big finish can be expected, with a good Skunk flavour mellowed down to let the Lemon tones through.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Realized that even after 30+ years of growing I have never run pure breeds of 2 of the most infamous classic strains: White Widow and Skunk (or Skunk #1?). I feel so inadequate.

Thought I'd ask others what brand/who's breed of these 2 classic strains they would recommend? Who would folks recommend as being excellent reps of these 2 strains.

Thanks!

Not sure how intent you are on running them separately but WW x Sk#1 from Cultivator's Choice is available through BR. Not sure you could get more authentic on the Sk#1 side and I imagine if Sam is putting his name to it, then the WW is legit.

St. Phatty

I find that Romberry is similar to White Widow, with LOTS of resin & it tends to become a favorite.

WW is known sometimes for not having much taste/smell, which I don't agree with. Once I had a Grimm White Widow that smelled like Frangelica (Hazelnut liqueur).

Romberry is a skunk-fruit type smell.

As far as Skunk, which was originally, Colombian, Mexican & Afghani ... got access to any other strains that are 3/4 Sativa ?

Greatdalas

Love Lemon Skunk. I just had them out the fridge after reading your post Greatdalas. I barely resisted starting them. Which would be my third batch looking for the keeper I lost a while back. It can have almost all the commercial traits a cash cropper wants and still a great taste and nice lifting high, which isn't a way of saying it's weak.

I use the Greenhouse version. Skunk x Citral. Citral being a Super Skunk crossed with a stand out Pakistani. So 8 weeks to a big finish can be expected, with a good Skunk flavour mellowed down to let the Lemon tones through.
The actual lemon skunk isn't the same that the first release in dna and in green house...

Greatdalas

Not sure how intent you are on running them separately but WW x Sk#1 from Cultivator's Choice is available through BR. Not sure you could get more authentic on the Sk#1 side and I imagine if Sam is putting his name to it, then the WW is legit.

I've cUltivated all of sam's current semis minus pot of gold x hindu kush and are all unstable and. No good ...
The worst the sativa lines more hermaphrodites than the indicas hibrids but nothing skunk in this seeds only a little sweet herbal

geneva_sativa

Personally I'd get Beanhoarders Black Widow which is already split into phenotypes ('classic' may be what you're after), or Joey Weed's White Widow... both are supposed to be the old school version of the strain.

The skunk I do not have much knowledge about.

Sounds like some solid reasoning,,, am now running JW Widow again,,, guy definitely works magic

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
what about aloha widow? isn't that best widow around? tasty one, spicy earthy fruity. hits like hammer.

Happy Times

what about aloha widow? isn't that best widow around? tasty one, spicy earthy fruity. hits like hammer.

Where to get Aloha WW these days?

Found this interesting read online, never knew there were those different phenos

https://puamana1sthawaiianpakaloloseedbank.com/2018/12/21/history-of-98-aloha-white-widow/

I did find this site: out of stock

But interesting- they have Candy Wids and Dirty Wids as separate offerings

https://puamanaohana.us/ano-ano/ols/products/98-aloha-white-widow

Sunshineinabag

Realized that even after 30+ years of growing I have never run pure breeds of 2 of the most infamous classic strains: White Widow and Skunk (or Skunk #1?). I feel so inadequate.

Thought I'd ask others what brand/who's breed of these 2 classic strains they would recommend? Who would folks recommend as being excellent reps of these 2 strains.

Thanks!

I've not grown it ever but folks I respect say dutch pAssion had a good one.......I'm wondering if good ole mexican cultivars have a skunk varient ......might require a 500 plant pheno hunt

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Where to get Aloha WW these days?

Found this interesting read online, never knew there were those different phenos

https://puamana1sthawaiianpakaloloseedbank.com/2018/12/21/history-of-98-aloha-white-widow/

I did find this site: out of stock

But interesting- they have Candy Wids and Dirty Wids as separate offerings

https://puamanaohana.us/ano-ano/ols/products/98-aloha-white-widow

there were some controversy about this seedbank, not sure it is reliable. I know hazeman has some aloha widow crosses with bubba and great white shark. pretty cheap too.

AspenGas

Shanti has "New Skunk" that supposedly comes from old Rob Clark stock. You may have to PM him to get it as it doesn't show up on his auctions often.
Shanti's "Shit" is Skunk #1 x Afghani #1, and many consider it to be excellent.

Sam has released an old batch of skunk #1 as "Ancestral Skunk #1" through Breeders Retail[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't have any suggestions on the Widow
[/FONT]