What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zacatecas Tribute Show

justabluez

Veteran
Zacatecas Tribute seems to be an interesting strain. I popped [2] seeds and got [2] different phenos. One is TALL and GREEN. The other is BUSHY and PURPLE!!

I grew out both females after about 3 week veg in 2 gal pots. The yield was nothing. Maybe about 8 decent sized braided buds. Early smoke test was electric and energetic!!!

Now I'm growing out the clones. Will post pics soon!!

I've seen a few other Zac grows on here, and I seem to have similiar pheno!!

The structure of the Green Zac reminds me of the tall green Panama pheno.

So far, it seems that Zacatecas Tribute is a strain worth exploring!!

justabluez

Veteran
I pulled both around week 9 or so. Both were easy to clone, and both clones look much better than when it was from seed. I did not do a good job growing them the first time.....I'll do better this time...hopefully...

So far, I love the structure of both plants. Very healthy big strong stems. Bud to leaf ratio seems like the plant will be easy to trim, and have an above average yield.....we will see...

I popped [2] purple satellite and [2] banana bud, but the seedlings died in my EXTREMELY HOT and OLD SOIL......I've been re-using the same soil for several years.......but recently.......I decided to get some new soil......so I'm trying out the miracle grow organic performance soil......so far so good!!!

I'll do another smoke report when I put some pics up of the [2] phenos......

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello, it's getting dark here now. I won't take a picture tonight. Mine are both about 4 1/2' to 5' tall. The meristem is striped deep burgundy and green. My Purple Satellite is 7' tall and a solid deep burgundy meristem, branches and stems. The leaves are green veined fully. I hope the meristem gains a little more girth. It'll make a beautiful fishing rod for my granddaughter. 6' of line with a hook and bobber. Sitting on the dock with grandpa.
Peace farmerlion

justabluez

Veteran
Zacatecas Tribute

Zacatecas Tribute

Here are the [2] different types of Zac Trib. One is more purple and the other is more green. The Zac seems to do better with a longer VEG as suggested. I think a [3] month VEG is recommended.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 8220_5.jpg
    8220_5.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 8220_6.jpg
    8220_6.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 158

justabluez

Veteran
Zacatecas Tribute - Real Time Smoke Report

Zacatecas Tribute - Real Time Smoke Report

...I just missed the Mountain Gold.......darn....next time....

Anyway, Zac Trib is turning out to be an interesting strain in terms of its growth pattern......on my second go round....The first time I grew the [2] girls, they only had about [3] week veg in 2 gal pot.. I only got about 6 big buds.....This is why I'm growing it again!! The first time was just to test it out.....well it PASSED!!!!

Real Time Smoke Report.....Firing up the Vape....:kos:

The Bud: Very GREEN....does not seem to have any purple: BRaided Bud style....fox-tail-Y...

The smell: Lemon/Lime/Lavender/citrus....smells grest when broken up....

The Vape: Yeah.....lemon/lime.......airy.........a little oily.....like lemon oil......or cod liver oil........very light......vapor.....not SPICY...very MILD vapor.......The TANBD is quite SPICY...it almost burns your throat.....but Zac...is quite smooth.....ok....seems like its kicking in now....

Hmmmmm........I would say I feel a bit FLOATY....LIGHT-WEIGHT.....I feel like I lost 20 pounds......all of a sudden.....ok....maybe 40 pounds.....I feel like weight has been lifted from my body.....Or...maybe I'm starting to feel a bit NUMM........Yeah...its doing something to my senses....not sure ...what.......
--> Still VAPING...... the first bump.....

OK, now I feel like I'm sitting in a chair inside my brain, that is the cockpit for driving my body.......weird......

My awareness has increased........My Processing seems to have increased......The vapor is still smooth....I VAPE at [364 degrees F]..

Darn....my vape just went off.....oh well... I guess my session has ended.....and I am BLOWD...with a big GRIN......on MYEYE.....FAZE.......!!!!

Damm......I like this shit.....I cant stop smiling.....Shhhhhhhitttt.........

Maybe ONE MO!!!..........VAPE...... :smokey:

justabluez

Veteran
Zac Phenos

Zac Phenos

Here are the different phenos of ZAC from popping [2] seeds.

Zac#1 seems like it will have a better yield. It is more green in stem, and the stem is thicker, and buds are bigger. Smell seems common, and its not loud.
attachment.php

Zac#2 has more purple in the stem. This one looks like pictures of the Big Sur Holy Weed. Stem is thinner, and more purple.
attachment.php

Zac#1 has a week or so on Zac#2 in flowering mode.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 91120_6.jpg
    91120_6.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 91120_20.jpg
    91120_20.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 91120_12.jpg
    91120_12.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 185

FletchF.Fletch

The Zacatecas Tribute is awesome. One pheno (green) makes the most crystal covered buds, the other (purple) has an amazing tropical fruit smell. Pollinated with Purple Satellite to create a path to Oaxaca. Cheers to Vermontman and Green Mountain Seeds, and thanks to Ace for offering these exceptional genetics.

FletchF.Fletch

Zacatecas Tribute

Zacatecas Tribute

Could you tell me how is the effect of Zacatecas trib.?, really no ceiling effect?, is it potent (how many)?, how goes the mind?, it runs or it flies?.
I hope you can answer my doubts, cheers !

Hi Tlatoani,

Sure. The Zacatecas Tribute was very Strong and Uplifting with a Soaring Head High. No ceiling or harsh comedown. The Green pheno was a bit more powerful, and the Purple pheno had more Tropical Fruit flavors.

Hi Tlatoani,

Sure. The Zacatecas Tribute was very Strong and Uplifting with a Soaring Head High. No ceiling or harsh comedown. The Green pheno was a bit more powerful, and the Purple pheno had more Tropical Fruit flavors.

Really interesting hermano, sounds good, thank for reply, I have not been able to obtain it; they flew, thanks for the info my friend, cheers!

Nannymouse

Sampled a cross of ZT (x auto Zamaldelica) which had a very different aroma. Grilled sweet onion and cheeseburger. It could probably be 'unnoticed' when grown in a closet, if there was a fast food basket near the closet door. Reminds me of driving home, hungry, and passing a fast food joint...gets the droolers going.

The cross was 100% skinniest leaves that i've ever seen, even from start of seedlings. (8 seedlings)

Pretty exited about a very 'sativa' (88?%) cross that may finish fast enough for northern areas, the mother did well in FL's greenhouse.

justabluez

Veteran
I agree the Zac Smoke is nice, and it is a great plant to breed with. I wish I would have kept my Zac Clones, but let them go, and kept my Zac cross
es as clones.

So far I've ran the (Zacatecas x Snowhigh Golden Thai) and (Zacatecas x Cannabiogen Purple Mexican).

- (Zac x Golden Thai) - looks just like the Zac, but its much more branchy, more buds, and more red hair. Smells just like the Zac. Soaring kind of high. Similiar to the Zac...probably about the same...but a bit more spacey and clear.

- (Zac x Purple Mexican). Well, this one, I'm not sure if the father is Cannabiogen Purple Mexican or my cross (TanBD-AGPD).
The buds dont have that Purple Mexican piss smell. The buds smell more like Green Onions mixed with some kind of lemon/citrus terp.

The one I cant wait to try (Snowhigh Blazing Dragon x Zac)...

I also made some crosses with the ZacThai male. Some ZacThai F2s, Blazing Dragon x ZacThai, ZacMexy x ZacThai, TanBD-AGPD x ZacThai, TanThai x ZacThai....

The only issues is that these are some BIG TALL 7ft+ plants INDOORS!!!

Also, I finally got [2] purple Satellites to pop...after planting about [6] seeds that did not pop. The first PS that popped for me took about 2 weeks to sprout.
I also finally got around to popping [2] Snowhigh Panama Gold!! This will increase my colombian side.....

Thank you ACE Seeds!!