What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Memory loss

Sunshineinabag

Have a buddy who takes p re v a gen I think it's called. I'm not a young buck anymore and find myself forgetful at times. Do any members have experience with these? Any feedback?

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry can't say anything about that stuff specifically but if you're after memory improvement (and yes that includes to stoner's shot short term memory) Lion's Mane Mushroom extracts do a pretty darn amazing job.
Watched a Paul Stamets documentary, didn't believe it, tried it, wow it works a treat.
Cheers
CC

St. Phatty

just eat like a professional triathlete.

or a rich person who can afford any restaurant & gets diversity in their diet that way.

Gry

Wife was an MD. sister worked for big pharma, I would personally go the Stamets route.

EsterEssence

Veteran
You know when you get old you lose 3 things your memory is first and I forget the rest...
I actually do puzzles, sometimes good ole fashion jig saw puzzles, and sometimes find missing objects in scenes on a screen, possibly exercising my brain will help me from getting Alzheimer’s. My dad had Alzheimer’s so I am at risk as well. Then some meditation for the mind to help me be mindful..
Gry count me in on the Stamets bandwagon...

St. Phatty

age related memory loss.

forget about drugs (other than organic drugs like cannabis.)

go with Nutrition. lots of cognitive slow downs are simply signs of malnutrition.

you can be malnourished even if you are eating 3 meals a day.

whoever it is you're trying to help, you should adjust their diet so they are eating like a pro athlete. e.g. Kelly Slater, super health oriented, performing at top 10 levels for about 23 years.

in the 1980's i knew pro women athletes who simply ate 3/4 of a cheese-cake between work-outs.

it was good to be their friend because they would share the extra 1/4 cheese cake !

to be clear, i am not recommending the Cheesecake diet for your friend.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
if you're after memory improvement Lion's Mane Mushroom extracts do a pretty darn amazing job. Watched a Paul Stamets documentary, didn't believe it, tried it, wow it works a treat.
Cheers
CC

Wife was an MD. sister worked for big pharma, I would personally go the Stamets route.

+1 for Lions Mane mushroom, also unsweetened green tea helps stimulate brain cell generation as well. The brain is made up of 50% fat and 50% cholesterol, Omega 3 fatty acid is extremely vital for brain health and function (cod liver oil is great and also contains fat soluble vitamins A, D and E).

Inadequate nutrition and sleep are the main causes for brain fog and memory decline. Inadequate nutrition meaning ingesting majority of your diet in grains and refined sugar which steal nutrients and water from your body, and adequate sleep being 8 hours ideally (amount of sleep is directly related to amount of storage capacity during the next wake).

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
nice thread.

anyone use nootropics? i tried noopept, didn't really notice much of anything... got a giant tub of piracetam just aging lol

what about gingko? i remember getting headaches when i tried it, kinda scared to go that route again. there are gingko biloba trees all over my city too.

ginseng? american vs asian? never noticed all too much with that, i liked the royal jelly + ginseng mixture i used to get but i feel kinda bad for the queen bees...

i try to drink tea (pu erh, green), but i don't like being overcaffeinated and it hurts my gut sometimes (i guess the stimulation? pot helps)

i totally agree with the diet/ sleep thing. i rarely get one full night of sleep, NEVER in one go but if i make sure i at least get three (better yet 6) full sleep cycles, my day typically isn't totally foggy.

lion's mane, interesting... grows in my area, i've found it in one of my favorite mushroom hunting areas. i have some stamets free samples of his host defense products i really need to try.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In terms of nootropics I have used a product called "alpha brain" does the same as lion's mane but with an extra kick and more energy (which is too much for me most of the time) and one called shroom tech for better performance during physical activity. Works well and feels like you have more endurance but nothing for the memory here...
I'm now using Stamet's 7 mix of mushrooms and it clearly has the lion's mane effect and a couple other positive but more bodily effects...

CC

armedoldhippy

Veteran
You know when you get old you lose 3 things your memory is first and I forget the rest...
I actually do puzzles, sometimes good ole fashion jig saw puzzles, and sometimes find missing objects in scenes on a screen, possibly exercising my brain will help me from getting Alzheimer’s. My dad had Alzheimer’s so I am at risk as well. Then some meditation for the mind to help me be mindful..
Gry count me in on the Stamets bandwagon...

yup, crosswords & Sudoku for me...

Gry

Was blessed with a trio of mushrooms, and they along with a vegan diet and green tea work well pretty well for me.
Only regret is not switching over to a vegan diet sooner.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I’m thinking of growing some lions mane, and a couple mind and nerve repairing varieties, I have an old growing shed that I could switch over to a mushroom room. I have a lab with a 24x24 flow hood and the cultures are easy to get. I am well versed in mycology, and growing mushrooms doesn’t take much power or water compared to an indoor cannabis grow, and the ones I will grow there are all legal. Paul Stamets uses mycelium for his supplements, and with a good clean lab that’s easy to do. They have ultra violet lights to sanitize the room and a good air washing with the heapa filter, some careful cleaning and good hygiene it maybe will make enough to get me by. I’m to old to taunt the sheriff “El CHOPPO” who is going wild out here...

St. Phatty

i wanna buy some land and just do some outdoor cultivation.

inspired by shiitake farming.

Pot

Plums

Pears

after a while it all blurs together.

Just transplanted a Chem x Apollo11 cross.

i watered my plum trees and boy did they need it. + the deer hit them, again. They have a mesh made of cotton string, guess I need more.

Latest posts

Latest posts