What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED LIGHTS

T

TheForgotten

I recently picked up a dozen Viparspectra v900's, they have a spectrum closer to sunlight than a lot of other brands, cheap on Amazon, free delivery, and holee-phuck are they bright....

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
With all the LED light information here Im surprised you would wind up with these. If you can, return them for credit. If not make damn sure you wear special glasses when you're in the room. All that blue light is very harmful to ones' eyes

Here's what appears to be a great light that is very inexpensive for what it is. I do not have any relation to them, nor do I have them. I have been using LEDs for 6+ years, both BML (now Fluence) and Amare Technology, but if I needed any, I would definitely get these

hth

Spider Farm https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/...vQyOE_ys5GQUCZcRiVI_VAizxMK7JV7hoCbbkQAvD_BwE

T

TheForgotten

That's cool of you, i just saw a research documentary on blue light, apparrently it's not bad for you, it's very much like sunlight, which your body has become used to...
However, I am going to look into this further to see if that applies to LED's (I think it was based on video games, etc.).

Thanx dude....

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's cool of you, i just saw a research documentary on blue light, apparrently it's not bad for you, it's very much like sunlight, which your body has become used to...
However, I am going to look into this further to see if that applies to LED's (I think it was based on video games, etc.).

Thanx dude....

then you didn't understand what you read, or they flat out lied to protect their investment in red/blue lights. There's literally hundreds of them on Alibaba, Amazon...

Yes, blue light is a component in white light, as is red, but when either or both dominate (no white light) it is not good for plant growth and a preponderance of blue WILL destroy your eyes

T

TheForgotten

That's the Marketplace undercover investigation i watched.... youtube version....

Mr. J

I'll check it out.... i need sleep, i was up all night building a room....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkJY9bgLyBE
You do that. Also, be sure to check out PetFlora's threads. He's really smart and stuff, doing all kinds of super-advanced things with magnets and magic water and whatnot. Truly amazing stuff. If you want to grow buds like PetFlora then I would listen to what he says. The results speak for themselves actually so you don't even really have to listen if you don't want to, you can just watch and learn and be humbled. He doesn't like comments in his threads so the watch/learn/shut up thing would probably be best.

T

TheForgotten

Most definitely, i don't just dismiss other peoples opinions, especially when they are offered out of goodness.. :)

Last edited:
S

Sertaiz

ya dont worry about the extra harsh people on here, btw. but i am learning something too and will keep some white going as i have felt kinda wierd under the red/blues....bright......

edit- i got some white smd 5050s on a roll from amazon that are 12 volt.and those buggers are awesome.

T

TheForgotten

People speak highly about the Mega, it's very white, but it's also $2000, i paid $369 (i'm a cheap bastard)

I'mback

Comfortably numb!

Thanx dude....
Dude I would heed that info, if you spend any time in a room!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
With all the LED light information here Im surprised you would wind up with these. If you can, return them for credit. If not make damn sure you wear special glasses when you're in the room. All that blue light is very harmful to ones' eyes

Here's what appears to be a great light that is very inexpensive for what it is. I do not have any relation to them, nor do I have them. I have been using LEDs for 6+ years, bot BML (now Fluence) and Amare Technology, but if I needed any, I would definitely get these

hth

Spider Farm https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/...vQyOE_ys5GQUCZcRiVI_VAizxMK7JV7hoCbbkQAvD_BwE

So many people are populating Quantum Boards with the lm301b and some 660s. Putting them on similar heatsinks with a Meanwell supply. Then marketing them at such different prices. It's hard to know which way to look. I sort of like how they have used a single IR led on each QB, but perhaps that's why the power is slightly down on the competitors at around 100w per board not 120w (the boards are 135w when populated with just Samsungs). LED isn't a great source of IR though, and our understanding of what we want isn't perfect. An incandescent lamp such as a halogen puts out a very broad spectrum of IR. Doing so better than they emit visible light. It's why we no longer use them for general duty around the home. You might want to think about them for Boosting the spectrum beyond 660 though. As 90% of their output is IR https://www.edn.com/extend-the-life-of-led-lighting-systems-with-thermal-management/

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Diffused light > Spectrum. Abundant overlapping cheap white led at moderate intensity over the entire growing area. :alien:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Too late to return the Vipars? Look into the differences spectrum makes on the physical and chemical structure of your cannabis plants. You'll find the viparspectra 900 spectrum to be rather poor for cannabis, compared to a great many others.

You may want to look at adding supplemental lighting, to reduce the leafiness, or at least look at what you'll want to purchase next. The Mars Hydro TS series of lights is more toward the spectrum I'd advise, with them also being on the inexpensive end for pricing.
:tiphat:

T

TheForgotten

Too late to return the Vipars? Look into the differences spectrum makes on the physical and chemical structure of your cannabis plants. You'll find the viparspectra 900 spectrum to be rather poor for cannabis, compared to a great many others.

You may want to look at adding supplemental lighting, to reduce the leafiness, or at least look at what you'll want to purchase next. The Mars Hydro TS series of lights is more toward the spectrum I'd advise, with them also being on the inexpensive end for pricing.
:tiphat:

First grow using LED's, so I'll use em, see what happens, then try 1/2 my setup with a different brand (after doing some reading as well) so i can form some personal opinions.
Imma check out the Mars online right now, thanx for taking the time to post this info, i appreciate it....

I recently picked up a dozen Viparspectra v900's, they have a spectrum closer to sunlight than a lot of other brands, cheap on Amazon, free delivery, and holee-phuck are they bright....

I use 2 Viparspectra V450 and they indeed work well for my hobby grow. When they fail I will definitely go with a board that is passively cooled.

T

TheForgotten

I wanna give out some 'likes' but can't, i'm guessing that comes with full features when you've been here long enough....

calisun

I'm testing out the ONEO LED 1200 3500k leds samsung they said but I can't confirm that. it has some 660nm mixed in. It draws around 250w. And the Meizhi cree cob 60O. it has the cxa3070 cree led that's not quite as good as the cxb3590 but pretty close. It also has some smaller epistar leds of different nm's to fill out the highs and lows a little. It draws about 230watts.
So far i'm liking the ONEO a little better. It puts out more light and the plants look a little better under them but it is still early.

Latest posts

Latest posts