What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
tom hills haze x c99 x c99 ...

picture.php

picture.php

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
some more pictures about this hs bluedream

this is the noticable trait on this pheno.. i ve seen this on some nebula(paradise seeds) earlier

and back to the clone or not cloneonly version.. main reason is the diversity sooner or later my tolerance will be high if i have only one strain to smoke.. i will smoke it like air sooner or later..
i like phenos from seeds. i like clone onlys...
one thing i dont like is snobism...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

nugsack

Been lurking long enough so I guess it's time to contribute something as well.

This HSO blue dream was my first photosensitive plant that I grew and the absolute vigor of this plant caught myself off guard. I had to bend her down a number of times as well as redo my growing cabinet by lifting the shelf that my inline fan was sitting on by 6 inches and in the end I had to cut a hole at the bottom of my cabinet to make her fit.

I flipped her after 31 days of veg which was obviously too early for her monster frame so she stretched for full 7 weeks in flower.

In total she flowered for 103 days and 32 of those at 12/12 after that 49 days at 10.45/13.15 and then the last 22 days at 10/14 trying to get her to stop pushing new pistils.

In veg she had this strange leaf crinkling which went away with stronger feeds. This, along with insufficient veg time, might play a part in her endless stretching as i was using AN ph perfect nutes witch have plenty of N.

Here's a picture from day 28 of flowering to show her leaf structure.

And here is the plant on harvest day

Sadly I didn't take any pictures from finished buds.
While her buds were developing she had a strong lemon/lime smell, but the finished buds weren't lemony at all. As I remember they smelled somewhat floral with a bit of perfume type musk in the background. With the top buds especially there was a distinct catpiss wiff coming from freshly ground buds but it seemed to disappear after a few seconds and you could only smell the floral perfumy smell afterwards.
High was 100% head no body effect at all which was my first encounter with this type of weed. Enhanced colour perception and especially in sunlight the world around you seemed to start glowing and you began to notice new details about your surroundings. Your mind was free to express new ideas without any raciness, overall very calming yet psychedelic effect.

Raho

Veteran
No, they dont look quite right but I can't see the whole leafs or in context to plant very well Thats the HSO ?
I figure if you had the real cut you would not be growing HSO bluedream seeds (Occam's Razor) :biggrin:
I had to look at quite a few known legit pics to make sure of what Im seeing
These one here are legit bluedream cut...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=315467&page=12
yes I ended up growing HSO cut by accident they look just like the plants in this link HSO blue dream
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=331739
I knew it looked not right and I was waiting for the leaf to straighten out but they never did and the smoke wasnt near what had been getting as blue dream
since moved on was long time ago
Didnt mean to hit nerve didnt realize you had used in breeding project
I didnt know you had info that it was an S1 seems like you were theorizing with 'Occam's Razor'
my guess is that its hybrid or bx
I just know what I have experienced and my comparisons
Id be glad to be wrong but Ive seen the plant all over the place and when I got that cut I kept waiting for the look which never came
Found out later that person was really growing HSO blue dream from seed!
I looked at a lot plants and a lot of pictures of plants
You cannot see the difference ?
I did not intent to hit a nerve
I Like the thread didnt know you were really that involved with the plant
In the end its the final smoke that matters not leafs
But thats me
All we can do is document experiences and knowledge
It all goes up in smoke! :biggrin:
Oh man.

Please read my post again HerbGreen. Thought I was pretty clear.
The plant in the pic I used for my cross (the one you say doesn't look quite right) is the original cut, growing in Mendo where it is as common as dirt. It's an 8# monster in a 100 gallon smart pot. You ever seen it grown like that? Ever seen it grown outdoors? Ever seen the cut grown in person at all?

So much for judging a plant from pictures on the web huh?

I am not running HSO blue dream but I have the seeds.

I would never represent a selection from S1s as the original cut.
Nobody should.
One thing I have learned about cannabis genetics is that if you aren't holding it, you don't have it. Cuts disappear, or may not be available to you when you need it. Seeds are the survival of the species.

You have not hit a nerve. I am just pointing out the major assumptions in your position. The certainty in which you express things that you simply don't know to be true. I'm trying to give you a gift of perspective.

You don't seem to be getting that, which is OK. Most people don't, or the canna-web would be a different place today.
Better reading comprehension would change the canna-web for the better too, but that's another impossible dream.
I didn't mention what the HSO guy said because those are just words. Not much better than a picture on the web for certainty, and you already assume that they are lying about their pedigree anyway.

You are judging an entire line of seeds on a single pheno that you didn't even select yourself. You defend your position with pictures of other people's grows you have never seen or smoked.

All it takes is 15 seconds on instagram to type in hsobluedream and find LOTS of phenos that look exactly like the cut. They are all indoor pics, so you are more likely to recognize them as being like the pictures of the cut you have seen.

Those phenos are in there. I can see them in the pictures :tiphat:

Whatever you reply on this Herb, I'm not gonna respond. I feel like I've made my points and have put in all the effort this is worth to me explaining myself.

right

Guys about hso blue dream. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't heard of them , that's no comment on the quality of your blue dreams .
Where I was coming from, I was mistakenly under the impression that it was clone only .where I live the issue is real deal or a fake that is going around.
As for the s1,s the leaf shape should mean little compared to the finished product.

E

ESTERCHASER

boy have you just whet my whistle! I really need to embrace your likes! fuk me running those are wondabar!

herbgreen

Veteran
Guys about hso blue dream. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't heard of them , that's no comment on the quality of your blue dreams .
Where I was coming from, I was mistakenly under the impression that it was clone only .where I live the issue is real deal or a fake that is going around.
As for the s1,s the leaf shape should mean little compared to the finished product.

This is the confusion of calling seeds the same name as the clone

basically what I was getting at

nugsack nice plants :biggrin:

right

I like that paranoid edge you get from some haze...I too wonder how this cross works out..looks tasty..lovely growing Donald

Me too Dark storm ,me too I love an edgy uplifting sativa. With my sativa ,I like it very mature with lots of amber . With the Cindy I grew it had a weird spacey unpleasant buzz, but if I cut it a little early it was just right and had a nice edge.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
this is a mango haze x zamaldelica from seed a friend made ,
she ended up with some pretty fat flowers , the smell was haze dominant , incense aromas ..

picture.php

and some laos x mango haze ,
smell was probably more leaning toward the laos ,
which was hard to describe for my nose anyhow ..

picture.php