What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fake postal inspector busted for stealing pot shipments from USPS center

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...-for-stealing-pot/fpzKO7ml8EOs9p8DUyRS_Q.cspx

00003039.gif

monkey5

Veteran
He will not be using those HUGE BALLS for awhile I am sure once he is sentenced! At least not for what he normaly .. might be using them for.. No fresh air or cleanlyness either!! Thank you for posting that up! monkey5

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Wiggins, an investigator reported, admitted that he “previously had been involved in mailing Marijuana via USPS Express Mail and was tired of having the parcels seized.”

So he allegedly sought to seize the parcels of other drug traffickers.

ROFL

Wow this is pretty crazy! In MI too... damn... This guy was pretty ballsy to just walk up and do that tho!! Wonder how he profiled packages?? Prolly just grabbed all the overnight parcels that he thought could be holding..

"and walked out with dozens of parcels, many of which contained marijuana"

Are there really that many people mailing weed? Is that not one of the dumbest things you can possibly do? Hm federal jail? No thanks. But I can't believe he A) got in and by anyone important, and B) was able to spot packs with weed in them, there are either A LOT of packages with weed in them or he knows that there are other local customers of his suppliers and was looking for the same looking packs as what he used to get to be able to pick them out like that I would imagine if there is any smell it would get caught before its sorted unless the packages aren't very closley monitored/screened

GrassRoots

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE ARTICLES! THANKS!

Here's the article for everyone else:

MARCH 5--On the hunt for illegal narcotics being shipped via Express Mail, a Michigan man allegedly repeatedly entered a sorting facility, claimed to be a postal inspector, and walked out with dozens of parcels, many of which contained marijuana, investigators charge.

According to a criminal complaint filed yesterday in U.S. District Court in Detroit, Calvin Coolidge Wiggins, 31, said, “You got me” when questioned Saturday morning by federal agents who had arrested him outside the Priority Mail Center in Romulus. Wiggins is pictured at right.

Wiggins, an investigator reported, admitted that he “previously had been involved in mailing Marijuana via USPS Express Mail and was tired of having the parcels seized.”

So he allegedly sought to seize the parcels of other drug traffickers.

A surveillance team spotted Wiggins entering the facility on March 3 and walking “towards the area of the plant where the Express Mail was being processed.” There, Wiggins was seen taking two parcels and placing them into a wheeled hamper.

Wiggins told federal agents that on “numerous occasions” he had gone to the Romulus facility and “posed as a Postal Inspector in order to steal Express Mail parcels which he believed contained controlled substances,” according to an affidavit sworn by a postal inspector.

Many of the pinched parcels “did contain Marijuana,” revealed Wiggins, who estimated that he had swiped between 40 and 50 Express Mail packages.

The probe of the mail thefts began in January, when postal inspectors determined that multiple packages destined for the Detroit area went missing. Many of the parcels were characteristic of packages that, in the past, had been found to contain controlled substances.

Last month, a review of surveillance footage showed a black male suspect entering the Romulus plant on Saturday, February 11 and walking out with eight packages ranging in weight from two to 28 pounds. The swiped parcels “all originated from known narcotic source areas,” noted Postal Inspector Edmond Rose.

Anticipating that the suspect would return, federal agents Saturday staked out the Priority Mail Center, where they allegedly caught Wiggins in the act.

Wiggins was named in a two-count felony complaint charging him with theft of mail and impersonating a government employee. At a court appearance yesterday, a magistrate judge freed Wiggins on a $10,000 unsecured bond.

Records show that Wiggins is a registered sex offender as a result of a sexual battery conviction in Ohio. He first registered in June 2000, and will have to remain on the offender list for the rest of his life.

T

TribalSeeds

He just grabbed packs coming from N.Cal?
All packages originated from known narcotic source areas

schwilly

michigan is medical now...

he probably was swiping outgoing overnight parcels

about half of which likely contained ganja, as with any med state

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
The packs were Detroit bound..
MI is med but production is low and quality is mostly sub par.
The dispensaries are selling alof of norcal outdoor.

wow, he must have balls, goin there after his own packages was seized. i guess he had to get his stuff somehow since he doesnt grow

MIway

Veteran
hmmm... cleveland station posts it... source citation is the smoking gun, where there is no further cite... hmmm... nothing from any of the local news, that i'v found... several others posting it to their sites, but no other articles regarding it... hmmm

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hmmm... cleveland station posts it... source citation is the smoking gun, where there is no further cite... hmmm... nothing from any of the local news, that i'v found... several others posting it to their sites, but no other articles regarding it... hmmm

The Smoking Gun cites the case documents, not sure how much deeper you need them to go?

KWefI.jpg

rXN1B.jpg

wd0jA.jpg

UStCs.jpg

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i didn't c that... my bad... but it does still sound odd... and i can't find that case filing from the following...

http://dockets.justia.com/search?court=miedce&judge=randon

but i'm done looking... still seems a bit bogus to me. peace.

That site doesn't seem to have any criminal case records.

Prolly have to use the PACER (public access to court electronic records) site, but I don't feel like signing up for a login to find out.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
He didn't like having his weed seized so he posed as a postal inspector to "seize" somebody else's pot..? Karma reared her head in on this one..