What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Walmart issue Nitrile Free Gloves & Finger Prints

PeopleWish

Ok so get this, I bought a 100 pair box of these Blue Nitrile Free Gloves from Wal-mart.

As I was taking apart my hoods to clean the glass I noticed finger prints. I thought it was strange and then continued to clean the glass soon to realize that the finger prints were coming from me despite the fact that I was wearing gloves.

I found it rather odd that I could leave finger prints even though I was wearing these gloves.

Anyone with a similar experience?

Will try other brands for replication purposes.

:ying:

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
two pairs usually makes it so no prints come through on tape and other things.

Just saw "nitrile free", I use nitrile

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep...that's what we've learned these days gentlemen. Always better to double glove, 'er.

:laughing:

dank.Frank

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Interesting...

I picked up a box of the black lighting gloves from the hydro shop. They are a lot nicer then what I've been buying from the drug store.

I'll have to check..but I doubt it with mine.. I have small hands so I'm not super filling them out. Your gloves have to really tight to be passing your prints through them.. thats crazy stuff.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
if you check online alot of gloves like that will still leave finger prints...

SKUNK420

I've heard of oils getting on the outside of the gloves from whatever you touch like your arms or forehead or an object. Then when you handle something you will leave a print because of how thin the gloves are.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The sticky side of scotch tape might make you feel differently about those doctors gloves super...

I've never had an issue with my Kimberly-Clark nitrile gloves. I wonder if it's the nitrile or the brand that makes the difference?

The beauty of latex/nitrile gloves is that they are disposable, but unfortunately they leave prints, so what is a security concious weed wrangler to do? Double bagging it may work, but alas, is not entirely foolproof. A tried and true method is to get thin/fine cotton gloves (check the beauty and/or skin care section of walmart) and wear these gloves UNDER your latex/nitrile gloves- and presto! No more prints! The cotton gloves also allow you to wear the disposable gloves COMFORTABLY for long periods of time! ;)