What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Risk of outdoor growing....?

Tyga

Veteran
What's the actually risk of doing an outdoor grow that is not on your own property and not on private property either. Let's say I had 10 plants, do you think that the cops would just come in and rip them down? Or would they wait out and try to catch the person tending to them. Keep in mind they will be grown in 50 Gal. smart pots so there going to be rather large.
Hope this thread doesn't get bashed to hard.. just curious. I know they don't have the time or resources to wait out there for you to come back but has anyone been busted outdoor not on there own property?
Personally my local police WOULD have nothing better to do than stake out the spot to be honest... would town police handle a situation like this or some sort of DEA type deal?:tiphat:

In Bahston your most likely dealing with locals. But what you talking about doing sounds pretty tough to pull off guy.
50 gals can grow a pretty big plant. Make sure you go with an early finisher to avoid mold problems.
Good luck.

niceeven

To tell you the truth bro I have no idea where Bahston is! But having said that, there is no reasons I should bash your thread!

Just looking at what you wrote here is how I react: If you grow in 50 gal pots that means you can bring that stuff there, if you have to bring that stuff there that means you will be limited on how far you can go. If i cut short here we get to the end of my reasoning: The easier it is for you to pull it off the easier it is for others to find your grow.

Lots of work can mean lots of trails you are bound to leave behind and these will give you away. The cops? hard to say, they are usually not that motivated but whoever rips them off the ground produces the same result: no harvest.

See what I mean?

Good luck bro!

Nunsacred

I try to keep my plant numbers down to 6 or less at any place
That way I think the risk of anyone taking it seriously is small.

My main concern is nature trail cameras, which are quite cheap now, and could possibly be used if someone really wants to know whose grow it is, especially if they suspect it's their son or whatever.....some people are incredibly nosey.

misterdoogle

tyga this has been my concern as well. I've never tried outdoors but I'm thinking this season I may start. I think we're in a similar area as well, assuming bahston is what it sounds like. can I ask the reason behind the smartpots? they sort of lose any remaining stealth factor you may have if there are plants growing out of huge pots in the woods...You may be better off just amending the existing soil on site if you want to improve the quality. it'll require a bit of work for the digging and mixing, but you'll be carrying in less, keeping the site a bit stealthier, and imo have to worry about waterings less since it won't be elevated above the surface in the smartpot.

like I said, I've been trying to come up with a plan for a very similar escapade this season so ill definitly be checking on to see how you make out.

peace

S

stratmandu

Unless you're in the middle of thick briars where the pots are obscured by vines and such, I would also recommend against them as mrdoogle said. Its stealthier to amend holes on the site, and its a good idea to keep numbers low in any given spot. Cops will likely just cut and haul.

ion

blending S.pots in the bush is an option...

GOOD QUERY Tyga!!

so, grow culture aside, what about the thread topic?

i believe in the bahstan area(next door to izikastan?)...you'll find many marshy areas(no salt water!)........prepped S.pots work the magic in those.

stealth.

whats peoples' experience/knowledge of outdoor busts?

you grow a 30pl plot on dewds land, they nab you, whats the usual charge?

........assuming they're gonna hit your home after they got you of course.....and you're clean there....

is it posession or manufact? both?

W

wilbur

in Oz (which is no where near boston) it's the number that counts, not the size.

would the cops put a remote motion-sensitive camera in a tree to see who the culprit is? maybe. might depend on who owned the land and how angry s/he was.

here, we've got this great law which says if yr piece of land is larger than five acres then it's reasonable that ANYBODY could have put the plant there. good, eh?

cheers!

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Worried bout the trail camera's ? Get some of those full face covering masks for hunting turkeys :yes: Takes some getting used to walking in them, specially at night ;)

Worst thing about Od growing is it is NEVER guaranteed. Put all that hard work in. Hauling soil and water. Sneaking around. Then it could tornado and all your shits flat in the mud. Or mold wipes you out. Or it just turned out to be a bad spot to be in. Or someone finds it, cops, kids, hikers, thieves.

Oh but when everything comes together on those few perfect years, it's pure magic !!

supermanlives

Veteran
if you do it right there is very little risk.if you want to beat ir nighttime cams get an hat covered in ir led bulbs. you will just be a glowing head in the photo. i also have several headmasks

praisehim.

Veteran
what brother bear said. you can do it, but its not a easy road to tread down.. keep the dedication strong, and youll be fine.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
What Brother Bear said is the best advice for outdoor growing. It can all work out, as well as completely fall apart. There are a lot of variables you cannot control. Is it worth a shot if you think a spot has a chance? Of course.

-Funk

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
outdoors is a one shot gamble for the most part if you are not doing light dep....you put all your time and money into one season and hope for the best.

disasters include but are not limited too

1. Police, most counties have aerial surveilance units that are specifically for finding outdoor crops. for most guerilla crops, the police are satisfied with simply chopping the plants and leaving..they might pursue leads if you are dumb and make them available. for large commercial outdoor gardens, cops will get search warrants and investigate the property.

2. Rippers, they are everywhere. they let you do all the work and then they swoop in one night and take your plants. most are armed and dangerous, and might even escalate into trying to rob your house for dried wares and cash as well...

3. Mold, some areas of the US are too humid to grow pot without high risk of mold, even in california mold is an issue...there are preventative steps to take that can decrease risk

4. Pests, including catepillars, spider mites, aphids, rodents, deer, you name it.....you gotta be up on your preventive maintenance..

5. Weather.....big thunderstorms can take out your entire crop and leave you with muddy mess of broken branches. learn to check weather dot com daily..

6. Grower error, left the plants underwatered? overwatered? used too much nutes, not enough? all these human factors can affect final yield and quality..

7. Landowner/Landlord. unless you are growing on your own private property you always face risk of the landowner finding and destroying your crop, or the landlord evicting you for cultivation of cannabis..

8. Nature, not as common but still a factor, use common sense when growing in the wild outdoors. mountain lions, bears, rattlesnakes, are all present. i have found a rattlesnake in my garden before, bears have trashed our garbage cans, and mountain lions are known to kill livestock and dogs in our area...carry a gun or bear mace, etc.

9. the "x" factor, reserved for anomally shit that is the result of bad luck and shit out of grower control. a plane crashes a few acres away from your plants, while searching for survivors cops find and destroy your plants..etc..

shmalphy

Veteran
They sometimes stake them out. I have seen it happen in MA... Up to 50lbs is a misdemeanor in MA.. really, you have to worry more about robbers finding them than cops.

Plant them in prepared holes, and spread them out. It's a numbers game, if you throw enough shit against a wall, somethings gotta stick. Not worth hauling soil, and pots dry out while the ground stays moist longer.

Good luck

uk ftw

You should not be worrying about them being found if your spot is good enough mate

10 is a small number in the eyes of the law, fine or caution ect

Just spread em out if you are that paranoid.....

FireFly22

A bit off topic but I have found that over the last 10 years if I didn't take the minimal amount of time to put a few plants out I risked not getting anything...Funny how that is, so from now on, regardless of having no time or being lazy...some ladies will go out!

supermanlives

Veteran
assuming you mean boston . i grew on the charles river for many years without one problem. not in boston tho. altho i was scared every year when the charles river regatta was going on . all those copters flying over

TLoft13

if you do it right there is very little risk.if you want to beat ir nighttime cams get an hat covered in ir led bulbs. you will just be a glowing head in the photo. i also have several headmasks
Why not a simple skimask? Rolled up you can even wear it on the way home...

S

Sad But True

I try to keep my plant numbers down to 6 or less at any place
That way I think the risk of anyone taking it seriously is small.

My main concern is nature trail cameras, which are quite cheap now, and could possibly be used if someone really wants to know whose grow it is, especially if they suspect it's their son or whatever.....some people are incredibly nosey.

Yep, agreed... bloody technology!
I visit my sites at night... can see the flash if one goes off... if flash is off the pic would be bad... also use led head torch.