What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

girl takes pics of bubbles :-)

Hi :tiphat:

sneaked behind the hubby when he was doing the gas thingy! (not farting..hihihi)

lovely little bubbles it makes :blowbubbles:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This stuff is somewhat more narcotic than the previous wash he did... and this one doesent make the ear wax thingy (eeeeww, little creepy i always think). Very good for evening use.... lots of zzzz´s!

love and karma

Mrs.Icetoker

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are a couple more.

Attachments

• Butane bubbles-1.jpg
    Butane bubbles-1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 5
  • BHO evaporating-1.jpg
    BHO evaporating-1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 5

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
please tell me what it takes for you to get that amount? i just did my first run yesterday and wasnt very impressed, but those pictures, now thats impressing ! ! hats of to ya :tiphat:

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Very cool pics hon :kissgrin:

Grey: Omg!!! Now that´s oil for ya.... dude how much is in the saucer?

This run was a wee bit different than your round of the mill bho run..... i used trim (not very good, been shaked a couple of times) and then i took the trim from the extractor( that alredy had been used once for bho) and dry sifted the hell out of it.... mixed the sift into the trim and filled the extractor. So this was a second run. And the yield was around a gram after purge so this was mostly for fun guys :dance013:

peace

icetoker

BongRipkenJR.

Just wanted to post some legitimate BHO. It was made with near zero impurity Colibri butane. Notice there isn't one bubble in this stuff. It is an amber color so you can see right through it when you hold it to the light. I know high quality BHO will do this because I only have seen it with BHO made with Master Kush kif and BHO made with high potency buds. Shake makes it a little waxy. I dont smoke it for at least 3 months, even with using pure butane. This was made with a half pound of Purple Afghani X ECSD buds. Very delicious BHO!

Nice pics!

BongRipkenJR.

Bubbles in BHO scare me. It is a good sign of impurity. Most butane is cut with plenty of chemicals. Even the 5x refined. If you want good BHO, stay clear of waxy stuff and look for the amber stuff with no bubbles.

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Bubbles in BHO scare me. It is a good sign of impurity. Most butane is cut with plenty of chemicals. Even the 5x refined. If you want good BHO, stay clear of waxy stuff and look for the amber stuff with no bubbles.
....... you dont know much about oil do you? Could it be that the oil hasent been purged yet??? didnt you figure that out after seeing pics of oil bubbling away and a scrape picture following?? boy o boy

the oil was scraped straight of the pyrex dish while warm and ofcourse are there bubbles in it..... it´s butane gas!!! That get´s purged out afterwards!!!

Sometimes it´s better to shut up dude....... than trying to play smart! Just check my resin album.... i know what i´m doing!!!

And this thread isent an pissingcontest thread that some of you like so much.... but just my lovely wife showing the first bho pics she ever took!!! So please respect that and be constructive.

peace

icetoker

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
And I learned from Dope Roor that bubbles can also be 'terpines' or flavinoids that are retained from not purging at too high a temp.

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
Yeah ...the bubbles come from the butane(in general, with or without impurities) that tries to evaporate!

WOW, stunning pics Gray Wolf ....how much butane on how much buds did you use? Damn ....show us a pic of the purged end-product soon please!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Unless it is a sign of purging or of decarboxylation..........

Might you share with us what chemicals the 5X refined butane is cut with?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
please tell me what it takes for you to get that amount? i just did my first run yesterday and wasnt very impressed, but those pictures, now thats impressing ! ! hats of to ya :tiphat:

Sorry, some three year old pictures, so I don't remember.

I do remember that it was from running several columns of mixed trim in into the same dish to see what would happen.

Some of my runs aren't all that impressive either.

I average around 17 to 18% with the bud strains that I typically run, but as low as 12% and as high as 21.6%.

Trim is usually around 8 to 12%.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi :tiphat:

sneaked behind the hubby when he was doing the gas thingy! (not farting..hihihi)

lovely little bubbles it makes :blowbubbles:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This stuff is somewhat more narcotic than the previous wash he did... and this one doesent make the ear wax thingy (eeeeww, little creepy i always think). Very good for evening use.... lots of zzzz´s!

love and karma

Mrs.Icetoker

Nice pictures! You notice of course that you are in the first picture in the bubble my dear?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah ...the bubbles come from the butane(in general, with or without impurities) that tries to evaporate!

WOW, stunning pics Gray Wolf ....how much butane on how much buds did you use? Damn ....show us a pic of the purged end-product soon please!

I typically use 3 300 ml cans of 4X Lucienne for a 1" X 36" column holding somewhere between 72 and 98 grams of dry material, depending on what it is.

Here is a picture of a cured extraction and one using fresh frozen material. The last has bubbles, so it qualifies for this bubble thread.

Attachments

• 94.5 gram BHO run-1.jpg
    94.5 gram BHO run-1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 4
  • Fresh frozen butane extraction.jpg
    Fresh frozen butane extraction.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 11

BongRipkenJR.

Argon is a chemical for one. Plenty of argon in Power and Vector. Check the list for Near Zero Impurities Butane. I believe Vector just made the list, but not sure if it is the same Vector sold here in the states.

I aint trying to sound smart, cause I am not. I do know that BHO is a nasty product and I have made it with all types of butane. The shit made with Power was the worst! It waxed up and the chemicals never seemed to leave. I had samples for over 6 months that still had that sulfur dioxide(another chemical added to shitty butane) smell going on. I think another term for the chemical smell added is mercaptins, but I am not sure if I am remembering that right.

I however keep seeing people posting shit about BHO all over here and 90% is bubbly un purged nastiness, coupled with the fact that what I see being sold is un purged and fresh off the pyrex. Aint trying to start a pissing contest at all, but I guess I am sick of seeing people smoking chemicals. That is all. Go ahead and get defensive Mister Knowitall. I like her pics that she took, just not the product. I stopped making BHO well over a year ago because it just didnt seem right. I will take the slightly lower potency bubble hash made with clean water and ice. Most butane is toxic if ingested. I dont even like using a lighter anymore.

Sorry ice toker. Your the man! What butane did you use btw?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use Vector. I love BHO. If you know what your doing there is no health risk I know of after 12 years of smoking it. If you dont Purge it's your own fault. I Purge until there is no bubbles or snap crackle pops. Most will turn a darker color from the heat. To ea there own if you dont like it dont use it.

Looks like this

picture.php

After Purging looks like this. bubbles at the surface are caused by trapped air.

picture.php