What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How can I do an "aggressive flush"?

xklaa

Hello guys,
by another forum user, following viewing some recent photos of my plant, I was advised to do an aggressive flush to my plant.

The textual words were:
leaf tips are burnt, it shows excess salts in the medium, also nutrient and possibly pH inbalance, mG def is visible Ca in progress too.

give her a flush with slow drain with at least 3 x times amount of water as your mediums quantity.

with low ec (0.3 m / S) and proper pH

and after the cleaning don t forget to feed her with blooming nutrients

Now, assuming I'm a complete beginner in the field, this is my very first plant.

I grow in light mix soil, approximately 13L pot, autoflowering, under 300w lamp, indoors of course.

My question is, would anyone be kind enough to guide me through this procedure?

I've tried searching the forum for the word "flush" itself, but most of the searches are related to the final flush before harvest.

1. How much water should I use to make this flush?
  2. What does it mean to do it with "slow drain"?
  3. The water I should use to make the flush, must it be plain water without any type of product inside, with a pH between 6.0 and 7.0?
  4. How and when should I check the EC?
  5. Should it be checked by the water that comes out from under the pot?

• At the end of the flush should I find that the water comes out with a ph between 6.0 and 7.0 and an EC of 0.3 as indicated?

• Once this flush is over, should I still water the plant thoroughly with all fertilizers?

Thank you so much for anyone who can help me out during this procedure, and that would surely teach me a lot.

I take this opportunity to wish you a good day and happy holidays.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The basic idea is to put 3 pots full water through your pot. Washing out any unwanted buildups.
He is advising to do it slowly, so things have time to dissolve. My version of that is waiting 20 mins between about 3 waterings.
He is suggesting a low EC be put through. Perhaps just tap water. You won't see the run-off come that low. If it did, your soil would be exhausted. However you won't be done until the run-off looks like something they can live in. It's a good indicator of what's happening in the root zone.

I would add to this that once done, you can't just walk away and think of them as fed. You have just done your best to remove everything. Now you should put it back how you want it.

On this feed, think about more Ca&Mg than usual. Both carry a strong charge and will push weaker charged things off the substrate and nick their seats. Aiding you to flush them out.

xklaa

The basic idea is to put 3 pots full water through your pot. Washing out any unwanted buildups.
He is advising to do it slowly, so things have time to dissolve. My version of that is waiting 20 mins between about 3 waterings.
He is suggesting a low EC be put through. Perhaps just tap water. You won't see the run-off come that low. If it did, your soil would be exhausted. However you won't be done until the run-off looks like something they can live in. It's a good indicator of what's happening in the root zone.

I would add to this that once done, you can't just walk away and think of them as fed. You have just done your best to remove everything. Now you should put it back how you want it.

On this feed, think about more Ca&Mg than usual. Both carry a strong charge and will push weaker charged things off the substrate and nick their seats. Aiding you to flush them out.

Much thanks for you advice! It's so helpful!
Another forum user suggested me to just water the plant with tap water with controlled ph for 1 week, 2 at maximum, and see what happen.

Do you think i should go that way?
Or maybe add just calmag in that period?

bibi40

I agree with f-e ,

with auto you don' t have 1 or 2 week to waist without nutes ,
and that' s just a little overfeeding , so don' t worry , the flush with solve that ...

good grow !!!

xklaa

I agree with f-e ,

with auto you don' t have 1 or 2 week to waist without nutes ,
and that' s just a little overfeeding , so don' t worry , the flush with solve that ...

good grow !!!

So, to recap, since other users are actually saying that flush isn't even need, just have to wait and water my plant for 1 to 2 weeks at max with ph controlled water and nothing else, is this "flush" really a thing to do?

Latest posts

Latest posts