What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

StarDawg x Biker & Karmarado OG - Vertical, Organic stadium

What's up guys? Back from my vacation and dropped the seeds into water last night.

I dropped 8 beans of each (8-10 plants fills my room) and will follow up with a second run from seed to finish up the beans from the packs.

95% of the beans already have tails and will go into party cups tonight and placed under a T5. Veg will take place primarily under T5 lighting and then moved around a 400w MH vert donut for the final veg stage/training/pruning for flower.

Flower will occur in a 3kw vertical stadium. Should be in 7 gallon pots, and will have a drip system in place. Second round may get flowered under hoods outside of the stadium room, but that'll come later.

Will post pics once they break soil. Flowering is a ways off... I've been growing bigger plants rather than SOG style lately.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey erb,

Seen a few of the stardawg cross grown real stinky plants with an awesome flavour.

On week 1 myself with the karmarado all the girls are looking real good

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to your next update

GA

First StarDawg x Biker through the soil as of yesterday.

LAJyUDp.jpg

Current flower room - just so y'all check it out. 3000w vertical, organic soil, drip watering - Got a single Karma OG in here and an Old Grandpa Scratch that's about ready for chop... the rest of it is ACE Violeta.

NOT KARMA GEAR/TEST PLANTS BELOW, just showing the flower room

EchOwXY.jpg

Kalyx

Nice grow and strains selection, count me in for the ride.

I'm running the SDxB now as well and loving them so far. I'm itching to run the karmarado og those will have to be next for me on the Karma train.

-Kalyx

Gardening Angel

Veteran
First StarDawg x Biker through the soil as of yesterday.

View Image

Current flower room - just so y'all check it out. 3000w vertical, organic soil, drip watering - Got a single Karma OG in here and an Old Grandpa Scratch that's about ready for chop... the rest of it is ACE Violeta.

NOT KARMA GEAR/TEST PLANTS BELOW, just showing the flower room

View Image

Hey erb,

Nice to see them breaking soil
Looking forward to your next update

Thanks
GA

Nothing much to update yet. Starting to show signs they need more soil/nutrients. Hit em with some 50% strength bottled organic nutes.. trying to let the smaller ones catch up in size a little before transplanting. These will get transplanted in the next couple days.

jWwKbNH.jpg

dk626cX.jpg

Old Grandpa Scratch mom off to the right.

mack 10

Veteran
Hit them with Epson salts. 1/2 tea spoon ler gallon.
New soil a feed with exta mg will green those girls right back up.

I'm on it. Hittin' em with an foliar spray of epsom salts tonight. New soil as soon as I can take a trip to the shop in the next couple days, need to get some EWC to get the soil mixed.

They've been transplanted just a day or so after my last update. In a mix of 1-2 gallon containers (I thought they were all 1 gallons, didn't notice difference in size until after I was done)

I've been hitting them with a foliar spray of epsom salts, but I can't seem to fix the deficiency. Started with the suggested 1/2 tsp per gallons, no change. Then I recently filled my spray bottle up with 1 tsp in like 1/3 of a gallon or something. Been using that for a couple days, no burnt tips so I'mma keep at it. Probably hit 'em with some epsom in the soil as well.

Will update with pics later this evening. Really want these green and healthy ASAP.

nickman

Veteran
Y don't you just give them a dose of some kind of veg nutrient... Something high in nitrogen... What kinda soil are they in. ???

My apologies! All is good, been really busy lately with disc golf tournaments and have been hitting up the lake a lot with the family before the season ends. And hunting season starts next week! Fall was always my favorite time of the year.

I wasn't getting much response using epsom salts, perhaps my dosage wasn't high enough (started @ 1tsp/gal, increased to 1 tbsp/gal) but I ended up making a 90-min trek to the hydro shop to grab some cal-mg+ (for the first time, ever) and have hit them with one strong dose so far - they appear to be improving finally!

Karmarado OG has been rough for me. Looking like I only got 1 female to play with (possibly 2, but I'm pretty good with preflowers) and have been suffering from Mg def a little more than the RoadDawgs have. Still, once I know sex for sure I'll be topping and transplanting into NEW soil.

RoadDawg's I'll attempt to sex here shortly. I've been putting off on photos hoping the Epsom salts would have cleared 'em up (didn't want to post up sickly looking plants, plus its just veg not much to see) but I'll get some up within the hour. These are looking fairly healthy though compared to the Karmarados

As for my soil mix, I attempted to re-use my organic soil. I added more lime and some other minerals so I thought I'd be good but I guess not. I'll be making a fresh batch of soil (and will post the recipe I follow) for these for the post-sexing transplant.

Gonna go take some photos and post back.

RoadDawg:

1a8VlkJ.jpg

BrLnpyz.jpg

KarmaRado - The one on the left isn't that short, bent stem from me checking the preflowers, its a male as expected. Lone female up front.

O0koGjr.jpg

Noticing that all of my plants under the MH light do not grow as well, nor stack nodes as well as the plants under the T5's. Even have a StrawBanana Cream plant that's using light from both sources, and the half of the plant under T5 is healthier. KaramaRado's under the MH, the female will be moved under T5, males get culled.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
RoadDawg:

View Image

View Image

KarmaRado - The one on the left isn't that short, bent stem from me checking the preflowers, its a male as expected. Lone female up front.

View Image

Noticing that all of my plants under the MH light do not grow as well, nor stack nodes as well as the plants under the T5's. Even have a StrawBanana Cream plant that's using light from both sources, and the half of the plant under T5 is healthier. KaramaRado's under the MH, the female will be moved under T5, males get culled.

Hey erb,

I always noticed the plants need extra nutes early on especially calmag if OG or in coco when vegged under a MH compare to a T5

From pics you can get them back on track no problem

Thanks
GA

Since my last post I've stopped foliar feeding epsom salts and have been giving them calmag every other watering @ 1 tsp per gal, no real improvement of the symptoms so I recently increased to 2 tsp per gal and am doing foliar feeds as well as of today. The symptoms haven't worsened as far as I can tell, just haven't improved so I bumped up the dosage.

Transplanted all females into 7 gallon bags. Final count is 1 female Karmarado and 5 female RoadDawg plants.

5kDNVqQ.jpg

RzaP542.jpg

Well, finally got 'em looking a bit healthier! Apologies for the pic quality - my camera broke so I'm using an old phone to take pics in the meantime.

Not sure why the whole group shot is so small, but vegging around a 400w vert light. First time ever vegging vertically. Small plant at 3:00 is Karmarado, the rest are RoadDawg.

h3YkxNB.jpg

And here's the Karmarado OG sole female:

GZRkml3.jpg