What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any one try Planck or Santa Maria in the dam?

Croissant

I was wondering if anyone has tried the strain planck aka santa maria in the netherlands?

Ive read while researching that it is a clone thats been in the dam for over 15 years that originally came from brazil and is used by some ayahuasca religion/cult where it is known as santa maria. It is supposed to be a long time staple in coffee shops in the dam.

theres more info than that I have found but what I am looking for is someone whos tried it for sure and can give an evaluation of their experience.

ehonda187

Grow Doc Has a cross.....santabubble (santa maria x bubblegum) You might be interested in that one. I haven't seen much on it in the way of test grows so I can't tell you much more than that. I grabbed a pack for a rainy day. :joint:

V1AAA

santa maria...

i was given a cut from a selection of females.

easy to grow, fast finisher with good yield.

from a money point of view it would be good for that.

i am not money orientated, nor do i have enough mj to go round, so it wasnt something i persisted with. i also love a tasty strain. this wasnt that either. instead i gifted the cut to some1 else.

they retired on it ... lol these vitnamese

Croissant

yeah santa maria was crossed with lowrider1 and stabilized to make lowrider 2.

its rumored to be a visual and spiritual high also a high yeilding sativa that can be grown indoors.

I once saw it on a list of clone only elites on this forum.

A dude that goes by Cees of no mercy supply bxd it 8 times here is what that guy has to say:

Santa Maria

- Santa Maria, a variety of marijuana stemming from the Brazilian Amazon where it has been used in a spiritual context, is now available in the Netherlands. -

According to Cees this plant reveals unknown depths within the sexual experience.

While Santa Maria is not being used for spiritual purposes in the Netherlands, out of respect for the plant it's name has been changed to Planck…
The distribution in Holland of the real Santa Maria clones was done by the former Highlife-magazine chief editor, Bernt Gundersen, because he was bringing his new "found" clones ( in fact he did steel them ! ) of a strain that is worldwide known by now,... to No Mercy Supply, to SpeesCees.
He waked me up 3.00 o'clock in the night because he didn't have a free light to place them.
And you better be sure, hahahaha.... I took care of a fast and free distribution after taking enough cuttings of them. (50% of the Coffeeshops in Holland have the name Santa Maria on their price-list).
No strain in the world became so famous in such a short time then the Santa Maria did. Strange effect... no seeds available, this plant was cloned for at least 18-20 years by now, and nobody knows the genetic background.

Because this is originally an outdoor plant, Planck should be cut vertically. If you don't do that, the plant continues to grow and eventually perishes under the weight of it's own buds, which cannot be supported by the skinny stalk. By cutting vertically they grow rather widespread; therefore put only nine plants on a square meter and twelve on a square meter of rockwool. Planck doesn't need a prolonged growing phase; on rockwool no more than three days, on soil five at most.

Flowering time is between eight and nine weeks, which is modest for a plant that is 2/3 Sativa and 1/3 Indica. The plant has few leaves which makes trimming and cleaning easy. It's potency resembles that of a Shiva, while the white layer on the leaves might be expected with an Indica. On the other hand, the effect is so high and releases so much energy, that actually it could not be compared to any of those. The taste is full of flowers and fruits, while the high seems to last forever.

Something about the yield. Being a topplant, quality is the main issue here. On the other hand, the yield, which should be somewhere between that of a White Widow and a Special, remains highly surprising.
At this moment...2007, there are already F7 Santa Maria seeds in the collection of No Mercy Supply, who came forwards out a Silver Pearl X Santa Maria and after hard selection brought back 7 times to the origional Stanta Maria clones. It is with the F6 and F7 version where people now days are growing out more then 1 gram per Watt ! You may find photo's at No Mercy Supply , but I will take care that I find somebody to place them here aswell.

Stay cool, high and take time to fly !
No Mercy Supply

anyways I am curious about user experiences of the quality of high potency taste and smell. I am basically hoping for some sort of smoke report by someone

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
I remember hearing about this strain when I was 16, cruising OG for the first times... It supposedly was an herbal ecstasy:D Or it's effects were described as so... Probably hype, dunno? The name Santa Maria is a total blast from the past! Forgot all about this one, thanks for the memories from the turn of the century bub:biglaugh:

Locoporro

Hi Guy

I know this cut "the planck" , it is spread a lot in border countries of NL

I always laugh about when somebody said that the santa maria is a brazilian plant used in ceremony to add to the ayahuasca ..bla bla

It seems huge bullshit to me ...

I heard it was maybe an brazilian strain crossed to an afghani bred in a collective (not sure about that) but i could say something.... forget the visual and psychedelic effects :biggrin:

It grows and smokes like an indica , the only thing i like with it , it's when i light a joint , that reminds me immediatly the odor of the coffee in holland ... :whistling:

I prefer more sativish plants than this supposed Brazilian strain :dunno:

Best vibes

Marksveldt

coffeeshop "the rookies" (circa 2006 or 2007) had Santa Maria on their menu and it was fantastic. Very dense buds with beautiful formation. (un)fortunately I do not remember much from this trip!

thechurch

@ Locoporro You know this strain, because you have actually grown and/or smoked it your self, or did you just hear about this strain? In no way it grows like an indica, its more like PowerPlant. Its not available as a cut in the border country's of Holland as the don't grow(a lot)over there they just go in to Holland to get theirs. (I live very close to the German border in Holland) Its hard to find in Holland as a cut now a day to. It's all PowerPlant, Snowwhite, Jack Herrer, Amnesia, SSH and NLX at the moment.

I did smoke Santa Maria (original clone smuggled from Brasil), and i posses some F8 beans from Cees. I have already grown some.

I am an indica lover for i have ADHD. I am very, very energetic. Smoking couch lockers keeps me relaxed and doesn't couch lock me at all. AND THEN i came across Santa Maria. I HATE IT it's that good. It releases an energy rush so extreme that i, already being energetic literally really go crazy, i ran to my Afghani stash and started to smoke that until i overwhelmed the effects of the Santa Maria. I had to smoke a lot of Aghani for that. I seem to be very sensitive to its effect. It made my friends(normally lazy as hell, but now also very energetic) laugh a lot do.

Decided to classify it as dangerous and really never smoked it again! .

The Santa Maria is also extremly trippy, it works as speed for me but when somebody can be sensitive to its energy rush, somebody could also be sensitive to its trippy effects. When a smoker would tell me, (not somebody whom has heard of it) : "its like LSD to me!" i would truly believe him/her. I have experienced it myself, but at that moment that was not the worst of my problems. I'd say its the most trippy plant you can find, and i like to mention with that remark that i also have Lieuh Han beans and C99 beans in my collection (Their product i also smoked once and did not like for being so extreme).

For growing i think she is much more interesting, being a cashcroppers delight. Fast growing, finishing and very large yields. She's easy to manage but must be supported with bamboo sticks. Her open structure allows light to penetrate deep. I've grown her SOG but i think she's also very suitable for SCROG as she is flexible.

Lowrider 2 (also grown and smoked) has a lot of her traits but there is the involvement of ruderalis influence on the taste. Original Santa is very sweet, every toke feels large on the lung capacity.

I have also produced ice-o-lator hash of LR #2 an i must say i was surprised of the result, it was so raisinous that it would not become solid hash when drying. When al the moist was out, it was more like a snot like substance you can't get of your fingers when wanting to put something in the bong. It is of extreme quality.

You must be into the busy trippy thing then you will LOVE santa maria, when you are not into to that i'd say don't bother you wont like this strain!

trpk

After having crossed a Santa Maria with a Mexican Haze and a Silver Pearl and inbreeding the resulting plant for 4 generations, one male was selected to pollinate a pure Santa Maria mother. After this we inbred 8 times by backcrossing a male/son with the mother (a pure Santa Maria). Scientifically spoken an F6 should be pure, but according to our experience cannabis plants become truly pure only in F8.
In other words: this Santa Maria is pure.
A good and fast “white” plant for both indoor and outdoor.
Santa Maria’s have proven themselves over and over again for the last 15-17 years.
This exotic variety has very powerful erotic effects. After having crossed a Santa Maria with a Mexican Haze and a Silver Pearl and inbreeding the resulting plant for 4 generations, one male was selected to pollinate a pure Santa Maria mother. After this we inbred 8 times by backcrossing a male/son with the mother (a pure Santa Maria). Scientifically spoken an F6 should be pure, but according to our experience cannabis plants become truly pure only in F8.

In other words: this Santa Maria is pure.
A good and fast “white” plant for both indoor and outdoor.
Santa Maria’s have proven themselves over and over again for the last 15-17 years.
This exotic variety has very powerful erotic effects.

packed per 10 seeds

Price: €35
:laughing::laughing::laughing: sento puzza di fregatura :laughing::laughing::laughing:

moho

I have tried Santa Maria in a coffeeshop in Adam some while back, can't remember which shop though. The taste was a bit mild but excellent and the high was very very nice. Awesome visuals for me and my friends and no crashing down at all.
Straight sativa, no indica here, have no idea where people get that from :S

Oaxacan

Santa maria aka Planck is very spread in Europe as a clone, I keep getting it for years and its still the same cut.

:plant grow:

Attachments

• Santa Maria Planck.jpg
    Santa Maria Planck.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 50

shorty

I have tried Santa Maria from a coffee from Maastricht and the FXs from the plant come 10-15 minute later like a rocket in your face.
I have smoked this weed with 2 friends and one has must go. The friend that stayed with me has said...
My friend: Man, I have just recieved the high...
Me: Me too. I dared to tell you.
My friend: Do you know that we were 3 persons to smoke this weed ? If you and me have just recieved the high our other friend also.

The other day I have asked my other friend and he was just at the supermarket when he recieved the Santa Maria in his head :)

My english is not very good but I had to write you this story :)
I will always remember this weed because of this experience.

idiit

Veteran
so who thinks this planck is a manga rosa/skunk cross? bud formation from the pics look pretty beefy for a pure manga rosa if indeed mr is in the genetics. shanti at mns recently revealed that he did not know the true genetic lineage of the brazilian sativa in ww. so is there another super special brazilian landrace that possesses the qualities found in the real planck, original ww and possibly used in kc brains polys as well as barney's farm utopia haze? or do we have a more angola red style manga rosa strain out there? hmmm....

Oaxacan

I cant really say much about the heritage of Planck, there is too much roumours and unnecessary info about it spread around in the net, fact is, its a wonderful strain to grow and to medicate with. although it has a skunky smell and taste its high is mostly sativa dominant and very unique. I think this is a good strain for beginners because it does not require much feeding.

The Hatter

Veteran
so who thinks this planck is a manga rosa/skunk cross? bud formation from the pics look pretty beefy for a pure manga rosa if indeed mr is in the genetics. shanti at mns recently revealed that he did not know the true genetic lineage of the brazilian sativa in ww. so is there another super special brazilian landrace that possesses the qualities found in the real planck, original ww and possibly used in kc brains polys as well as barney's farm utopia haze? or do we have a more angola red style manga rosa strain out there? hmmm....

Interesting, I wasn't the only person to wonder this. I have heard quite a bit of conjecture about there being a relation between strains out of Angola or other African regions and a clear headed, racy strain found in Northern Brazil. (I'm terrible with names but I believe it was Mango Rosa.) It's a shame that the racy psychedelic sativas aren't more sought after. They remain some of the hardest genetics to get a hold of.

How many people out there have even tried a trippy African style sativa let alone grown one?

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Interesting series of stories there. I have heard of this strain emerging in Pueblo Co. It's gaining some buzz/hype in the northern parts of our state here. Some people are saying its worth the few hour drive past 200 other dispensaries to grab a sack of this stuff from pueblo. After my limited research here on the mag. I was sad to see such little information and pictures :( Strain does sound like fun if similar to descriptions!

Lesnah

This was the first strain I ever grew to completion(as in actually harvested)....and compared to everything else in my area(except the uptown haze), it was quite delectable. The buds I harvested smelled just like guava paste(goya brand) mixed with lemongrass/skunky fuel. As if Chemdawg were dipped in guava paste. Will definitely be growing this one again. Also wanted to include that there was a lot of variation in plant size and structure, allthough they all smelled the same at harvest.

idiit

Veteran
there was a lot of variation in plant size and structure,

^ no shit! no mercy's 8bx santa maria is rad different than eskobar's cut. most of nm's sm is very indica dominant. i kept two seedlings that do look sativa dominant with significant indica influence.

picture.php

i've got quite a few of nm's sm 8bx seeds left. see what these two do. lesnah ( not a noob, seems very experienced with some high grade) provided a great report on santa maria.

Well, I'm dominican and grew up smoking the "NYC Haze"/"Puray"/"Frankie"/"Piff". I've read all of bigherb's theory, I know Chimera released a hybrid, so did Matt Riot...

But the Santa Maria deserves it's own merit and not to be overshadowed by another local legend. As a matter of fact, if Santa Maria were widely available in the NYC area, I dare say it would contend with the Puray. IMO Puray is the top quality we have, and I'm reffering to the real Myrr/sandlwood/amber/frankinscense perfumy Haze.

After I cut the plants down to dry and cure, the smell changed from guava to a wierd cat piss, chemical smell which had me worried.....but after a 2 week jar-cure....the guava smell came back in full force. Then, I started giving it to my girlfriend and friends....they would rip the bud out of my hands it was so good. The inhale tasted fruity and the exhale smelled just like incense, just like haze dominant strains. Smelled something like sandlwood/sage/frankinsense....Everybody kept reffering to it as PIFF which I was sure to let them know it wasn't piff

link

eskobar spoke very highly of planck. i'm wondering why more ppl aren't still working with sm genetics.

i've asked two ic members from brazil about santa maria and both believe sm is just slang for cannabis. my gut tells me different. just any cannabis isn't spiritual weed. the sect in brazil (santo daime) grew their own weed. the authorities destroyed their garden.

i'm going to see for myself. no mercy does not have a true breeding sm 8 bx from what i've seen so far. i'd go with getting s1's next time eskobar makes them available but in the meantime i'm running the most sativa looking no mercy sm's i can find.

Lesnah

^ no shit! no mercy's 8bx santa maria is rad different than eskobar's cut. most of nm's sm is very indica dominant. i kept two seedlings that do look sativa dominant with significant indica influence.

View Image

i've got quite a few of nm's sm 8bx seeds left. see what these two do. lesnah ( not a noob, seems very experienced with some high grade) provided a great report on santa maria.

link

eskobar spoke very highly of planck. i'm wondering why more ppl aren't still working with sm genetics.

i've asked two ic members from brazil about santa maria and both believe sm is just slang for cannabis. my gut tells me different. just any cannabis isn't spiritual weed. the sect in brazil (santo daime) grew their own weed. the authorities destroyed their garden.

i'm going to see for myself. no mercy does not have a true breeding sm 8 bx from what i've seen so far. i'd go with getting s1's next time eskobar makes them available but in the meantime i'm running the most sativa looking no mercy sm's i can find.

Thank you for the complements, I don't have much experience growing but I have done a lot of research on cannabis the last 6 years....I respect the connoisseurs who post on this site especially yourself since you and I seem to be on the same path genetics-wise.

Like you, I've had the Nanan Bouclou in my posession for maybe a year and a half or longer, just waiting for the right time to run them. As you already know, Santa Maria is something I started with, and will continue.

I just recently ordered Holy Princess in hopes of getting the Santa Maria pheno and compare with the No Mercy version.

Have you already harvested any Santa Maria be it from Esko or No Mercy?

The Indica traits from the NM SM is very deceptive, the smoke is very active! I know there are some BLD genotypes which may be "heady" and active but that would be less common....I've heard of some Paki strains which give your head a spin. from 4 females I had one time, there was a really short one which looked just like an autoflower which couldn't be bigger than a foot and a half(literally).

Keep in mind, I did as Cees suggested and grew them 14 hours for the first 2 weeks then went straight into 12/12 and they were done 3.5 months from seed.

What smells are you getting from Esko's and/or NO Santas?

Another strange thing I noted was(the seeds I recieved were labeled as "Santa Maria F5" not F8...maybe that plays a role somehow. The germination rate was very low as well, I'd say at about 45-55% germ rate.

The Males were spectacular, very pungent and tall.

I also plan to breed these towards the sativa side or at least...lock in that guava paste aroma.