What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis originates from riverbanks.

Veggia farmer

Its know that cannabis orignates naturally on riverbanks many places. Have anyone tried to make a riverbank inside? Combo of organic soil and hydro? I took my mothers out this year that are in 10 and 25 liter pots with drainage holes. I put them a small stream too see what happens. Very good and steady growth. OFC sunlight also help but they grew very nice compare to others not in the stream. Not that they were bad either:)

I want to build a small riverbank with Hydroton, coco, compost and with continues drippers that will recirculate in a rez over and over again. Aquaponics too maybe? Throw a few fish in there.

I might use a little salt too but yeah, mostly organic...

Has anyone maked a mess like this before indoors? Maybe some small animals too ahaha.. alteast worms;)

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I've made organic beds with gravel underlayer before. But never tried what you're talking about there. Part of me wants to see it done.
Other part of me thinks it's overcomplicated and there should be another way to do that with that much complication.
Maybe just have an organic bed and an aquarium? Use the water changed from the fish tank to provide part of the nutrients the plants need.
You can't create a true riverbank anyway because there is no way to create a river and the ecosystem around said river.
Also read more on using salt based fertiliser in a system with fish. It can kill them pretty fast if not done right. Better not even mix the two things.
Whatever you decide to do, don't forget to show us! Good luck! :wave:

Veggia farmer

Its definatly highly complicated to set up. But maybe it would be very easy to maintain....

If I got fish I would drop the salt. Thanks for the concern:)

If I make something I will show:)

St. Phatty

Are Cannabis plants made to have branches full of heavy buds like we sometimes grow ?

Seeing a big plant with all the branches leaning down from the weight - is that natural ?

Veggia farmer

*Thats a lot due to breeding, I thought you knew that;)

* Sometimes, probable. Should also definate natural, wild? But also a lot due to breeding and cultivation technics.

Glad you stopped by:tiphat:

Bio boy

Zen grow or what man i can see it lol thats awsome.

Its like aquaponic setups theynuse fish ajd recirulate roubd lava rock beds basicly same thing

Like u wana make a pretty ebb and flow bank.

Amazing like a fancy pond inside.

2 banks in ya tent from wood n milk crates. Pond sheet and run the river lol.

Sounds mint why the hell not only prob is drainage but u can work that

Subbed

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi folks
Whats your thoughts on adding an ebb & flow setup to the water reservoir of a sip? Think that would simulate a riverbank indoors and also add the extra soil aeration from the e&f to the sip.
Thx chilliwilli

Veggia farmer

I was reading on Heath Robinson for awhile. One of his big aha moment in his own words (or similiar, lol) was constant water flow. Soooo, he would have hydroton in pots with the pump going 24/7.

I wanted to make something like that, just in an more natural/organic way of messing around.

So yeah, Chiliwilli, what Im see in my stonervision is somethink like an ebb and flow setup, or more like constant flow setup with an organic bed made with material that would make it resemble a riverbank rather than a more field like look....

My idea at moment would start with a table with a bed framework. Mixed with stones/hydroton/sand very good drainage I think would be a keypoint, so at the moment its just like hydro. But then I would include different organic nutrients sources. Compost, wormcasting, manure and so on. Maybe some coco for structure(?) In the bottom, or someplace, it has to be something that leads it to a raingutter that eventually leads the water to the rez and will act as an waterfall for fun, O2 or whaterever reason. Making it alive... I thought maybe a fish would be cool in the rez, but unsure how it will react to compost and so on, anyone? Maybe have two tanks for rez would be good, waterfall/fish tank first, then filter into another tank where the pump is at.

This is not soooo far from an unautomated organic soil bed growin style that Im doing at the moment, and I know the setup I have now is very time efficient, quality product, kiss method a long way. Just get more drainage, bed on top of table with recirculating water with a 24/7 pumpe.

I seriously believe this can be a very productiv and low maintance setup ones its dealed in.

When this is dealed in, and lets say you go old school sea of green with at least 64 plants cuts per 4x4. Its basically farming... Plant and harvest. Plant and harvest... Lets say you also did this with a 10 week strain with 10 lamp units. I know my SSH mother doesnt, really, need defoliation. And thos ladies were bigger than small SOG asses.

This project is not something that is going to be dealt with just around the corner, because Im busy with something else, but I want for ones chat with other ones for more ideas BEFORE I set it up. I already have lots of equipment ready for it, so, one day:biggrin: