What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GED Zkittles

My tutor is a Nazi and insists I will never pass a GED if i don't spend some time writing.
I cut some zkittles clones off 2 new mothers 33 days ago and will document their life and death. They are under a MH 1000 and will be going in a new room under HPS DE 1000's around Sept 1.
I usually run 9 a light in 3 gallons but may do a light in the 6.2L pots. It's my first zkittles run, the're a smallish plant, so it will be a nice comparison.

G

Sick. Whats your feed schedule homie. What you gonna do when you graduate?

I'm a baller on a budget so i run the cheapest nutes I can find. Right now it's Pro-hort 7-11-27 water soluble, no name bulk calcium nitrate, and walmart magnesium sulfate. Right now they feeding every 5 hrs, 3 a day, at about 500ppm.
Who am i kidding... I'll probably sleep in the day of the test.

What a difference 2 days makes! (time stamp is file name in my albums). I love coco!
Can someone explain to me why people still spend thousands on nutes when salts cost me around $2 per #. I was loyal to GH Flora in RW since the late 90's until I watched Greengene's youtube vid on nutes a couple years ago. I always thought salts were intimidating but Hydrobuddy makes it easy. Thank you Spurr! Now I will use anything with a guaranteed analysis on the bag. There are only 13 essential nutrients and a mildly retarded dropout figured it out. It's not rocket surgery.
I learned a lot about coco from DJM and HGO as well. The bag in the pic cost $60 and has produced enough to fill the trunk of a car several times.

gsxr97

Veteran
What kind of coco do you use ?

My tutor is a Nazi and insists I will never pass a GED if i don't spend some time writing.
I cut some zkittles clones off 2 new mothers 33 days ago and will document their life and death. They are under a MH 1000 and will be going in a new room under HPS DE 1000's around Sept 1.
I usually run 9 a light in 3 gallons but may do a light in the 6.2L pots. It's my first zkittles run, the're a smallish plant, so it will be a nice comparison.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84095&pictureid=2066418&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84095&pictureid=2066419&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84095&pictureid=2066420&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84095&pictureid=2066421&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84095&pictureid=2066448&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

G

Looking mighty fine. The student becomes the teacher.

When I bought this last batch of base nutes (canna) I said to myself it will be the last I buy and I will have a salt formula ready to go before this lot ends. Considering how diluted canna is I may run out before that happens Lol.

Do you take into account coco's high calcium and low potassium requirements?
I can get this at my local hardware for $9
picture.php

Is that all you feed, no Humic or anything. And what about pest management?

:pirate:

I was worried about calcium when I switched to coco but there is plenty in the calcium nitrate. I tried cutting back the nitrogen late in flower and supplemented with EDTA calcium but it was just extra work with no noticeable benefit. Potassium has never been an issue. The only trouble I've had is lockouts and nitrogen toxicity in mid flower. Bumping the PH up to 6.3-6.4 week 2-4 cured that. PH 5.9-6 all the rest of the time.

G

I think that is doable with a lot of mono potassium phosphate added. Download Hrdrobuddy and run the numbers.
I think I was on there the other day, linked from manic botanix. I was using the calc to check calcium ppm of Canna.
What numbers do you need?
And so you do use anything else like biostmimulants?
And do you use a pest preventative

If you're in the US get JR Peters 5-12-26. It's over $200 a bag here or that's what I'd be using. Should be about $40 for a 25lb bag. Calcium nitrate is about half the cost. Get magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) at any drug store. It's all you need.
I've played with tribus, fulvic, diatomaceous earth... none of it made significant improvements.
I live waaaaaaay up north and only flower in the winter so pests not really an issue. Even my ex who has every right to hate me can't complain about the results.

gsxr97

Veteran
What pump you using for 5x feeding? Reservoir size? What do you do with your runoff in your room? Cool garden !

gsxr97

Veteran
Awesome. Im doing a coco dtw soon. Been looking at pump to use. I like the idea of cheap 264 submerisible pump. Im using Jacks nutrients.

I was gonna use Blumats. I have a case of the Maxis. But I think I'm going to wait til I have time to play with them and just do DTW for a while.

Sorry if posted this already but how long are your feeds for every 5 hours? Thanks

They're getting 1 min every feed. The flow is regulated with the valves on aquarium manifolds through open ended 1/4" tubing. This way a cheap digital timer is all you need.

Attachments

• 20200823_110414.jpg
    20200823_110414.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 51

gsxr97

Veteran
Light bulb

Light bulb

This is why I love ICMAG! :party: Your aquarium manifolds /feed setup has got my hamster wheel spinning.

They're getting 1 min every feed. The flow is regulated with the valves on aquarium manifolds through open ended 1/4" tubing. This way a cheap digital timer is all you need.

The Zkittles are a month old today and doing good. Bruce Banner 2.0 and Green Crack looking good as well, but this is a Zkittles thread.
The big news is I'm ahead of schedule for the first time in my life on the new flower room. Sept 1st was the goal, but should be it it this weekend just under 5 weeks veg. I usually veg a week longer in 3 gallon pots but see how this weighs out.

Attachments

• 20200826_213421.jpg
    20200826_213421.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200826_213338.jpg
    20200826_213338.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 092.jpg
    092.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 47
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg