What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are your expensive LED lights holding up long term ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dion

There is a middle ground. You can buy boards from US based companies who used diodes made by Samsung overseas. Samsung produces in South Korea, China, and Taiwan. HLG is a good example of a company that you can feel good about supporting in terms of US labor, as they assemble many of their own boards, using top bin Samsung diodes.

Yeah exactly

And also look at the asian markets for ideas

Samsung wouldn't exist if south Koreans didn't exclusively buy it

Koreans pretty much only buy imported if there is none made in Korea and it's what keeps Thier tiny island economy world class

Singapore springs to mind as well

Support made at home when possible

Raho

Veteran
HLGs and CXB3590s that have been running nonstop since 2015 and zero failures and no losss in performance.

The cheap $1 100K potentiometers do fail though and need to be replaced from time to time. I should have bought Bourns.

That's great!

How do you measure performance to know there has been no loss?

Raho

Veteran
Yeah exactly

And also look at the asian markets for ideas

Samsung wouldn't exist if south Koreans didn't exclusively buy it

Koreans pretty much only buy imported if there is none made in Korea and it's what keeps Thier tiny island economy world class

Singapore springs to mind as well

Support made at home when possible
Korea is not an island
:bigeye:

G

I wish the mods would close or delete this thread. I mean it’s in the LED section and I intended it as a discussion on lights to hear about reliability but some of the usual suspects insist on turning it into a political shit show. Sad. IC is more and more turning into RIU lite. That place seems to have turned it around and gotten rid of a couple uncle buck types since I started looking at it some last couple weeks.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish the mods would close or delete this thread. I mean it’s in the LED section and I intended it as a discussion on lights to hear about reliability but some of the usual suspects insist on turning it into a political shit show. Sad. IC is more and more turning into RIU lite. That place seems to have turned it around and gotten rid of a couple uncle buck types since I started looking at it some last couple weeks.

You can request the thread to be closed since you created it. Use the report post tab a mod will lock it.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran

I am a neutral observer here but you have the first racist/political comment in the thread and are asking why the usual suspects blew it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Hydro Led View Post
wow, you could use Mars II 700 for 4 years. That's amazing. You must maintain the light well.
We have stopped producing it for a year. There are some new quantum board style lights coming out on our site.

Your response:
I flat out refuse to willingly and knowingly buy ANYTHING made in china simply because they inflicted this virus on the world.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only LED fixture Im aware of not made in China is HLG. The diodes they use on there boards are made in china.

G

I am a neutral observer here but you have the first racist/political comment in the thread and are asking why the usual suspects blew it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Hydro Led View Post
wow, you could use Mars II 700 for 4 years. That's amazing. You must maintain the light well.
We have stopped producing it for a year. There are some new quantum board style lights coming out on our site.

Your response:
I flat out refuse to willingly and knowingly buy ANYTHING made in china simply because they inflicted this virus on the world.
Sigh,,, the old fall back race card. My issue is with a government not Asians but don’t let that get in the way of you attempting to play the race card. I’m done here. In more ways than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.