What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED vertical scrog

swapmeet

That's a big word.

haha it just means showing an instance of something or heavy evidence in favor of....

For example: If I tell you I saw a huge pink elephant in this room yesterday, and you say, "bullshit! There's no such thing as a huge pink elephant..." Then, a huge pink elephant walks into the room...That is instantiation.... showing an instance of a huge pink elephant proves better than anything else, that huge, pink elephants do exist...

Or if they say "leaving one budsite at the tip and pruning the rest is stupid, and it will never work. It will be a huge sacrifice of yield because buds form at budsites, so removing them removes buds and potential buds, thereby hurting yield...blah blah blah ad nauseum"
Then you pull out a picture of a 7g nug from leaving only one budsite, well, that, my friend, is instantiation.

Okay... I am stepping off the soap box...please, continue... :tiphat:

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
haha it just means showing an instance of something or heavy evidence in favor of....

For example: If I tell you I saw a huge pink elephant in this room yesterday, and you say, "bullshit! There's no such thing as a huge pink elephant..." Then, a huge pink elephant walks into the room...That is instantiation.... showing an instance of a huge pink elephant proves better than anything else, that huge, pink elephants do exist...

Or if they say "leaving one budsite at the tip and pruning the rest is stupid, and it will never work. It will be a huge sacrifice of yield because buds form at budsites, so removing them removes buds and potential buds, thereby hurting yield...blah blah blah ad nauseum"
Then you pull out a picture of a 7g nug from leaving only one budsite, well, that, my friend, is instantiation.

WOW,dude.....
Please,please stay on the soap box..... :tiphat:
I'm like "damn that's one big/crazy ass word"..(haveing no idea of it's meaning)...then right when I'm like fuck I guess I don't know,the meaning of this new fancy jabber...ole swap-A-swat...comes down laying it hard for a simple chap like my self...FICKING AWESOME definition,and word use...thk you and bravo....

Ichy my man,I'll b in touch soon dude..I'm still ready and wanting....I'll blast ya a PM...thks as always dude,ya fucking super cool.....
Killer thread also amigo!!!! :dance013:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I had to replace the fan on the floor. It stopped swinging back and forth. So I changed it out tonight.

I also added the upper screens to the back two plants. I could not add one to the front because I have a vent there. And the upper fan is there also.

This is what that screen extension looks like.

When I put the screens on top I bent some of the colas over. This is what I was talking to DHF about the other day. With this one I managed to reduce the height by about 3 inches maybe 4 inches. If you look at the picture it is to the left of the line. I just bent it to the right, then over to the left.

I also tied some of the colas that were sticking out to far back to the screen. If you remember the full room picture from yesterday the back of the room was getting out and to close to the light. That is where I tied the colas back. I had to move some around to fill in some spot that were empty.

Here is one of the branches that was out to far. I just missed it when I tied the plants up. It started growing toward the light to much.

Here is the room after I was done tying things up. You can compare it to yesterdays picture to see how much they have been pulled back from the light.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

I dont like looking stupid. You are just rubbing my face in the fact I did not graduate high school.:moon:

Anyway happy Thanksgiving people.:pie:

P

pongster

great thread bro,
would you mind mentioning your ppm's after your amended calculations?

thanks for all the time and effort sharing your knowledge with us on this and other threads,
cheers
:rasta:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
great thread bro,
would you mind mentioning your ppm's after your amended calculations?

thanks for all the time and effort sharing your knowledge with us on this and other threads,
cheers
:rasta:
Still working on the Chemgro formula. I will do a check on the Jack's latter today.

I learned most everything I needed to know here. If you go to the thread pages there is a button in the upper right that says ratings. If you click on that it will order all the threads from best rated on down to worste. These are rated by reader so it is what the readers think is best.

If you go to the top of the pages in a thread on the right side is a rating button. You can rate a thread by what you think it should be rated. It is important to rate the best threads. Otherwise the new people will not be able to find good knowledge.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I checked my Jack's solution. It is at 1.6 EC.

I am running my stock at 880 grams Jack's per gallon and the Yara calcium nitrate at 580 grams per gallon.

From these stock solutions I am using 70 ml of each per 5 gallons of nutrient solution. That works out to 3.25 grams Jack's per gallon and 2.14 grams of calcium nitrate per gallon.

I also add 1 ml of potassium silicate and 1 ml of drip clean.

YukonKronic

Thanks. Genius level vocabulary and I didn’t know that one. Fits well with a number of other theoretical principles of existence put forth by various religions and philosophies as well I think.

Beaucephus

Thanks for sharing your experience over the years! U 2 fred! I learned to trim my plants very similar simply because i hate trimming... and what do u know, my yields went up even higher. Happy thanksgiving to all....,

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks for sharing your experience over the years! U 2 fred! I learned to trim my plants very similar simply because i hate trimming... and what do u know, my yields went up even higher. Happy thanksgiving to all....,

I hate trimming as well. But when your trim speed goes up 4-6 times faster you notice right away how important the starting trim job is.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I checked my Jack's solution. It is at 1.6 EC.

I am running my stock at 880 grams Jack's per gallon and the Yara calcium nitrate at 580 grams per gallon.

From these stock solutions I am using 70 ml of each per 5 gallons of nutrient solution. That works out to 3.25 grams Jack's per gallon and 2.14 grams of calcium nitrate per gallon.

I also add 1 ml of potassium silicate and 1 ml of drip clean.

The numbers on the Jack's work out to this:

N= 131
P= 45
K= 185
Ca= 107
Mg= 54

I also made a error in the first post on how much calcium nitrate was in a gallon so I corrected that.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So I did the calculations on the numbers for the Chemgro 4-20-39.

Here is what I got:

Jack's 2.5g Chemgro 2.75g chemgro

N 131 124 134
P 45 46 46
K 185 171 171
Ca 107 125 125
Mg 54 64 64

So at 2.5 I get a increase of 16.8% calcium But a small drop in nitrogen. And at 2.75g I get a increase of 29% calcium and almost the same nitrogen.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I thought this might be helpful to some of you that use Cal/Mag in your mix.

Specifically these two by GH.

I went and did the PPM's for the calcium and magnesium in these two at the recommended 5 ml per gallon. According to their label you should use 5 ml per gallon. With that in mind here are the numbers.

CaliMagic is:

N= 13
Ca= 66
Mg= 20

Calmag+

N= 0
Ca= 66
Mg= 13

Because of this you may want to use one over the other. Say you are in flower and you dont want to raise the nitrogen you would use the calmag+. But not if you need more magnesium. Because it is lower in magnesium than the calimagic.

swapmeet

Thanks. Genius level vocabulary and I didn’t know that one. Fits well with a number of other theoretical principles of existence put forth by various religions and philosophies as well I think.

This is true. It is very big in the world of philosophy, especially logic, but the metaphysics (as you pointed out)and epistemology fields as well... Basically the whole philosophy package (Logic, Ethics, Epistemology, and Metaphysics)... I have always enjoyed philosophy--even got a degree in it.

I also love growing weed... and Icky is a great teacher in that world... On with the show Ick!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
This is true. It is very big in the world of philosophy, especially logic, but the metaphysics (as you pointed out)and epistemology fields as well... Basically the whole philosophy package (Logic, Ethics, Epistemology, and Metaphysics)... I have always enjoyed philosophy--even got a degree in it.

I also love growing weed... and Icky is a great teacher in that world... On with the show Ick!

Yeah well we just sit around and watch the grass grow here.:watchplant:

Latest posts

Latest posts