What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think different places do it different, some will put the cheese down first, some will put the toppings down first, after it’s cooked imo it’s hard to tell the difference since everything inside tends to melt together. But that’s interesting that you notice the flavor depends on what’s closest to the crust, maybe ill have to pay more attention next time.

This is how giordano’s does it, they seem to be making mostly cheese pizza but the one he makes in the last 20secs he puts some toppings down and then the cheese:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvmwJNGI8as

I think rosati’s does cheese first and then toppings, about a minute into the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKqCXm9e3g

I think it’s different when youre on vacation, youre driving around for new experiences in general so traveling a while to a new restaurant sort of makes sense. But when im at home and just want something quick and good I tend to not drive more than 2-3 miles from me if I can help it. Plus if you live in a reasonably densely populated area there’s usually so many decent to good restaurants near you that imo it doesn't make sense to go much farther out of your way for food that’s only marginally better.
I think when people get lou malnati’s shipped to them it’s people who grew up with it in the Chicago area and live elsewhere now and want it for a special occasion (superbowl, birthday, holiday). It might also get cheaper to ship it per pie if you order in bulk. But im with you, not sure I’d pay $60 for a pizza when I could get 2-3 really nice pies from a local place that are honestly just as good if different. What sort of pizza places do you have in socal, Pop?

Ur right, Garappolo has had one healthy season in the 4.5 yrs he’s been there, but they did go to the superbowl that one healthy season (2019), and he was mostly healthy last year and they made the conference championship. But they’re all in on trey lance plus they probably need the cap room so jimmy’s gonna find a new home, doubt it’ll be seattle though since theyre a divisional foe.
The bears might actually be worse than the lions this season which is pretty shameful although the lions I think lost a lot of close games last year so theyre not as bad as you would think. But the bears have a couple of 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] round picks, supposedly one of their top needs is an edge rusher to replace Mack, but really they need almost everything except QB and RB. I don’t really know much about the draft picks after the top guys that everyone talks about, but I think in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] round you can find good value, guys who a lot of teams thought would be 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rounders but for whatever reason weren’t picked.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

we have a bunch of good pizza places locally and i like to get oggies and nygiant style pizza
we also have this place called knock out pizza that has good ny style pizzas
/thinner crust and lots of garlic; yes please!
i hear you about going to places that are close to home, there are a lot of options with in 20m drive, but everything is san diego is almost 20m drive4 time depending on trafic
we are hanging for some good fresh seafood but after checking out some prices near by i might be open to other ideas
/https://www.thefishmarket.com/location/del-mar-solana-beach
king crab legs for $80/lb, no thanks unless im dining in on a special occasion
we found some frozen lobsters for about $20/ea at the local market and im more inclined to go with that
we used to go to this place called the sand crab cafe up north but it looks like its permanently closed now; thanks covid
/great seafood and prices; its the kind where they put butcher paper down on your table and pour out a big old bucket of seafood
not to hot on the lions right now, ive seen their qb in action and unless he takes a giant step up i dont think he is a playoff calibre player
we will see where jimmy.g ends up; he has skills but is expecting to be paid like a full time starter
i agree that sea is the last place the would want to see him go; lets get baker on the phone!

speaking of phone taps: ever hear of luther luffeigh (aka: big boy from old power 106?)
"...pizza with chin check"

hope your week is flowing along smoothly and you finish off strong

shithawk420

Veteran
Actually it's just a couple biker wannabes.recently I told them to keep the music down and the one the came at me with a snow shovel and the kid threw bricks and a knife at me.they are definitely on meth.the mom just got busted but somehow still posted bond when she just posted bond in the other county for the same thing.shes snitching and DCFS won't do there job.im thinking of sueing.

That deep dish looks legit for sure but you know it's what the inside that counts! I've had that frozen Gino's pizza and the crust just sucks.its way too hard and just isn't what I would call good.

I saw this older guy decked out in Bears gear just yesterday. had a decent but gaudy bears jacket.ive never seen one like it.it a had a bear growling on the back with bear claws going down the sleeves.im just wearing a simple old bears hat! Lol I say to my dad,ya think he's a bears fan!? He just laughed.so I guess there are some die hard fans by me.not too many though.i bought a new beard hat at walmart.it was on sale.im a hat collector anyway so didn't care.i probably own about 50 hats.mostly Bears hats.unless they come out with a really cool one I'm done.i mean it this time!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah I think most people prefer a NY style or regular crust on their pizza, people sometimes complain that Chicago style stuffed pizza is more like a casserole than a proper pizza. I like both, but a stuffed slice is like 2-3x the weight of a regular slice so that’s something to be aware of.
Hey, those king crab legs were only $75 for 1 lb AND you get 2 sides. Lol, yeah that’s some highway robbery, but it think even in the grocery they’d be like $45/lb. In sams or Costco you could find snow crab for $20lb or so, maybe with twice as much snow crab you get the same amount of meat as in 1 lb of king crab.

Dude, I made some lobster and salmon bisque recently with some $4 (normally $7) lobster tails that the woman picked up for valentine’s day, it was pretty good for my first attempt but unfortunately didn’t take pics. The tails were only 4oz, about enough for 2 decent bites each but you put 4-6 in a medium size pot it’s more lobster than most restaurants will put in their bisque.

I think the lions have one more year of Goff and then can cut him next offseason for a 10M dead cap hit. They’ll probably draft a QB next month but probably not at #2 overall since none of the college QB’s are slam dunks.

Alright, sounds like you’ve got that biker situation under control for the most part, it’s good that they seem to be wannabees instead of the real deal, real biker gangs are into murder and making people they don’t like disappear. Shame that theyre into meth though, maybe one day they’ll get clean.
Alright, ill have to avoid that gino’s east frozen pizza in the stores then, if it’s as bad as you say. The thing with frozen pizzas is that the crust, especially the thicker it is, is often jacked up like you mentioned, plus there’s never enough sauce.

Actually it's just a couple biker wannabes.recently I told them to keep the music down and the one the came at me with a snow shovel and the kid threw bricks and a knife at me.they are definitely on meth.the mom just got busted but somehow still posted bond when she just posted bond in the other county for the same thing.shes snitching and DCFS won't do there job.im thinking of sueing.

That deep dish looks legit for sure but you know it's what the inside that counts! I've had that frozen Gino's pizza and the crust just sucks.its way too hard and just isn't what I would call good.

You own fifty caps, most of them bears hats? Dang, I own like 2, one cubs one bears haha. I think every year teams come out with new merchandise designs to try to get more money from fans, ive noticed over the years that the bears blue and orange colors gradually got darker, the blue was always dark but now it’s navy blue/almost black and the orange is like a deep red-orange.

This is from last year. We have a variety of Mexican chicken restaurants around here, they specialize in grilled chicken with sides (rice, beans, tortillas, etc), sometimes they’ll serve tacos and grilled steak too. This one place was notable for their beans which had a lot of meat (ham or pork it looked like) and greens (collard? Kale?) in there, I thought that made it really good.

beans1.jpg
beans2.jpg
beans3.jpg

Attachments

• beans1.jpg
    beans1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 37
  • beans2.jpg
    beans2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 36
  • beans3.jpg
    beans3.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 34

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh wow man, those beans look great! they are not the typical refried beans you get but look full of flavor and lik ethey have a ncie texture
thats the kind of thing that a good ham done is great for, you get a holiday ham and then make a bean soup with it
/those look like canalleni but are probably pinto beans
kale or greens cook down so they are super tasty in a stock like that
i could see eatting just those beans a a good fresh tortilla, or corn bread if you are going that route
GRINDING!
we made some epsto with pasta last night and a olive tempanade, hold the anchovies
we stuffed pitta bread with the olive mix and added some diced squash and cheese
it was super good for a meatless dish
i think the lobsters we saw were like 1.5lb but you know that tail would only be like a third of that weight, maybe 6oz at best
but you can cook up the shells and make a mean stock
i like snow crab and it is a good ballance between meatyness and shell
thats coll about the hats hawk, i have a few but usually wear one cap most of the time; thanks to the good folks at vortex for the free gear!
its sweat stained around the band and has seen its share of good time (as well as bad)
i let the mrs borrow one of my hats recently and she washed it
i was kind of agast, like why would you wash my hat
she said it smelled funny, but to her anything that is not april fresh smells funny
we will see how the draft works out but i think det should look at trading down with that #2
looks like we are heading out to a new spot in the desert this weekend! its at a higher elevation, so it should cool down a bit more and maybe extend our desert camping season a month or so
we will see
tomorrow is friday and i cant wait for the weekend to kick off

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, they were very hearty for beans, very unusual to see Mexican pinto beans with additional veggies and meat in there, that’s more of an American or European type thing like u said.

Sounds like you’ve been eating more vegetarian dishes because of the wife’s influence. That’s never a bad thing, overall I think a more plant based diet is healthier. Although I guess there are carnivore and paleo diets that focus heavily on meat as well because that’s what cavemen ate and it’s supposed to be healthy as well? I love meat as much as anyone but I don’t think I could give up carbs or even veggies/fruits long term.

Yeah, that’s what the bisque recipe called for, cooking the tails for a bit, removing the meat, and then putting the shells back in the pot and boiling them to make the lobster stock. A little more work than most soups require but all in all not bad, especially if youre going to be using $20-30 worth of ingredients you want to get it right.

Hats can get pretty funky after sweating in them for months but I agree, washing them is tricky. The woman washed my hats recently and they shrunk a bit, but I think she put them in the dryer so as long as u air dry them it might be ok.

Are you going to apply to any of the campgrounds this year? I know last yr it was a hassle since they were booked months in advance, maybe u should put in a reservation or two now?

Detroit would be smart to trade down from #2 overall but without any top QBs this draft im not sure any teams would want to trade up. Theyre kind of in a bad spot, they have the #2 and #32 (from rams from Stafford trade) picks in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round but the best value might be in the middle picks, from 8-24, where there’s some good receivers and QBs that you don’t want to take 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] overall but wont be there by #32. But they need a talent infusion everywhere so whoever they choose so long as they hit on enough picks this year it’ll help them. It’s hard for me to imagine them being actually a good team, Stafford was the only thing holding them to respectability the last 10 yrs.

More pics from last year: everyone knows what a ‘chicago-style’ hot dog is, basically a hot dog (natural casing to give it snap) with a bunch of veggies (pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, diced onion, sweet relish, yellow mustard - NO ketchup, sport peppers – like mini hot peppers, and celery salt) on top, served on a poppy seed bun.
There’s also what’s known as a ‘Depression or minimalist style’ dog, which is more basic, just yellow mustard, diced onions, sport peppers, sometimes relish, on a natural casing dog on a plain bun, no poppy seed. They also usually come with a generous portion of fresh cut fries layered right on top, so it’s a hefty amount of food.
These came from Gene and Jude’s, which is near Ohare airport. Im not often in the area but when I am I try to stop by if im hungry. For less than $4 you get a single dog and fries, for a buck more you get a double dog (2 dogs one bun) and fries. It’s greasy and unhealthy but it does hit the spot.

dog1.jpg
dog2.jpg
dog3.jpg

Attachments

• dog1.jpg
    dog1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 28
  • dog2.jpg
    dog2.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 33
  • dog3.jpg
    dog3.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 30

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
those are some mean looking hot dogs
you throw around words like greasy and unhealthy like it bad? i would totally smash those dog with fries any day of the week
some of the fries look over cooked but the dog looks great
$4, i will take two
/hey man, its cheaper than gas
i heard that about chicago style hotdogs, where they come witha whole pickle spear instead of relish
i also heard they pt a slice of tomatoe on it too
thats rabbit food and makes it healthy!
i dont mind most of the vegitarian dishes the mrs makes
/once when i wasa kid i dident eat meat for almost two years
i dont think we are going to make many reservations at camp gournds this year, most of the best places we like are primitive campsites; you just pull up and set up camp
there are a couple palces i would like to go abke to, one place was called vallecito
/this place had ghosts
its in the desert so our window of action is kind of closing, but maybe we will check it out again
i would like to do more camping out of state, new mexico is fun and has a bunch of cool spots
not uch nfl news to mention so i will just leave you with some smooth sounds

gator abit

yeah brother, its friday
lets get funky

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh fuck yeah! Everyone knows Chicago hot dogs are the best! Gotta have that poppyseed bun and pickle! Real Chicago best! I can't imagine NY pizza is that good.but I've never had it.it looks bland to me.i want the meats!.speaking of which I bought a 6 inch subway with " the works" cost me $10 bucks.waste of money.im done with subway

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I like greasy/fast food as much as anyone but imo it is hard on my overall health if I eat it too often. Sometimes when I feel too unhealthy I’ll eat a side salad instead of chips/fries. It helps that I like vegetables, not as much as fried stuff but it’s a trade off.
These fries were actually not cooked hard or crispy (except at the edges), if they look brown/black at the tips that’s the potato skin, plus theyre not soaked in water before frying which removes some of the starch (the more sugar/starch there is in the food the more it browns when cooked). This is the one complaint if people don’t like their food is that the fries are more soft than crispy, but I kind of like it, it’s more dense/potato-ey than most frozen fries, sort of like a baked potato but deep fried if that makes sense.

Hawk knows where it’s at with the Chicago style hot dogs, it’s a lot of toppings but that just complements the food imo. That’s why they call it ‘being dragged through the garden’ when you get a Chicago dog with everything. Youre right Pop it’s almost like eating a salad haha, the hotdog just complements the veggies.

Yeah Hawk I hear subway can be pretty expensive now, which is rough for a bottom tier sandwich chain. I’d either get coupons or download the phone app for deals, no way I’d pay full price for any of their subs.
I’ve had NY style slices in NYC before, they have these little counter spots open 24/7 that sell $1 slices, it’s a small slice with not too much sauce or cheese but throw a little garlic salt or oregano or parmesan on top (they have shakers at the counter) for a flavor boost and it hits the spot for a few dollars.

No big QB news lately but the chiefs traded tyreek hill to the dolphins for their 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 4[SUP]th[/SUP] rd picks this draft, and 4[SUP]th[/SUP] and 6[SUP]th[/SUP] rd picks next year. Plus the Fins had to give hill a 4yr extension for 120M (30/yr) but I guess the guaranteed money is ‘only’ 3 yrs at 24M/yr.
It’s a lot of draft capital and money for Hill but I guess Miami is in win now mode. No excuses for Tua if he cant at least be a top 12-15 QB this year?

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah it's BS here.i think a Portilos opened up 30 minutes from me but that's a bit much for a hot dog or Italian beef.i usually get the combo.

Little secret.whenever I go to this bodega I go to this place called Angelo's.i get fried chicken,Italian beef and if I know who's working beer.all on my link card.damn.life was good.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah Hawk, 30 mins is definitely a long haul for some grub, especially when you factor in return trip time. But don’t you live in a small town without much restaurant choices? I guess when you live in more rural areas you get used to the idea of things being farther away than in more densely populated areas. If there were like a Walmart or other stores near the portillo’s you could make a whole trip of it so youre not driving all that way just for a meal.

Sounds like you got the hookup at that bodega! The woman’s parents get link and you can use it at places like whole foods, it’s always nice to get some good groceries for free.

shithawk420

Veteran
Whole foods? Never even seen one.i thought that was a west coast thing.yeah I live in bum fuckt egypt.theres a gas station that makes shitty pizzas.other wise thats it.so I just buy beer and call it a day usually.currently I'm on the jello diet.about all I eat.

Yeah some Italians used to own the place.buy beer, beef.anything.then some Greeks bought it.you can still buy food on link but they stopped the beer.unless your in the know! Nom saying! We usually go to walmart.but fuck the produce is disgusting.they never have what I want.and it's always packed cause that's where everyone goes.i don't like it when people I know come up to me.its embarrassing

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Whole foods started in Austin TX actually, but Austin is kind of like the California of TX so youre not far wrong. Did you see the pizzas I got from 7-11 a couple of weeks ago? They were alright, crappier than dominos or pizza hut but not too bad. These gas station pizzas are basically frozen pizzas, theyre not made fresh on site so that’s about the quality you can expect.
When I go the Walmart I usually buy stuff other than groceries but when ive gotten produce there I didn’t notice it being any worse than other places, but I get what youre saying, Walmart does everything so bargain basement but that’s why theyre so popular, eh? Thankfully I haven’t met too many people I know at Walmart but that’s cause I tend to go later at night usually, the only annoying thing is the stockers are working and have their big pallets of goods in the middle of the aisles.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
some road music to start your day! get to where you are going and make it happen

just got back from another great trip to the desert and i am hoping to catch a few more weeks before it gets too hot
it was sunny and in the 80s when we left but once you drive through the mountains you get back to coastal weather and we were hot by rain
the new place was fun and there were a couple nice hikes close by, but its a small place and felt kind of crowded compared to some of the other primative places we went
one thing i learned is the mrs is in way better shape than i thought and i was smoked by the end of the weekend
scrambling up some cool rock/ boulders after a long hike was fun, these are rough textured grante and make sand paper traction look like skating on ice
you could literally get grip at 45* angles and walk up/ down the face of these rocks but i am sore especially in the lower body
i messed up my finger and its just now getting back to normal color, luckily i was wearing gloves or i would have cut them up something nice too
/the mrs hands look like they went through a shreder
whole food= whole paycheck;f'them
unless you are a vegan with gluten alergies, i dont think its worth it
there is one close to the house and its full of rich soccer moms and kids thinking that "all antural" and "no gluten" means shit to your health
most regular stores have decent veggies and after you get an eye for whats good you can find some pretty decent stuff
does walmart sell frozen veggies? those are usually pretty solid and a good price when nothing else is available
those 7-11 pizzas are very much like what you would get frozen, maybe a step down, but its the convienience you are getting
like when you cant bake it yourself for whatt ever reason its a cheap and easy way to get something to eat
we had some jersey mikes subs on the way back and there was just something off about them, next time we will just go the extra mile and get the once from a italian place
that or fire house subs
the mrs loves their veggie sub and i think they are pretty good
man, if im ever out in ill you know im going to try all these things you guys are talking about
just had breakfast and im already ready for aheaty lunch
hearing about a new overtime rule in the nfl, someting about how the coin toss will not decide the games as much and it looks like we will be getting some kind of football here ina couple weeks
/just like little cesears pizza, ill take what i can get
its feeling like spring and time to shake off the cold
kick ass brothers

shithawk420

Veteran
HELL YEAH POPS! My dad had that Molly HAtchet air sprayed on his van in the 80s! It was sweet! Don't know what happened to it though!

Yeah for a few bucks that pizza don't look bad Baba.my gas station makes the pizza fresh kinda like casey's.but for a small pizza for $10 I'm gonna have to pass.they changed the recipe but a long time ago they gave my friend and I the left over pizza they were gonna throw away.we got food poisoning.it was horrible.please don't eat that pizza under the lamp guys! It ain't worth it!

Getting cold pops!? Isn't it like 70 by you?! It's 45 here! And it's rainy.they keep promising spring but it's still meh.i like the rain anyway.i have no idea what's going on with football.nobody seems to care.poverty is kicking our asses.i can spend 300 bucks a month.fuck

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Sounds like you got a good workout with your rock scrambling. Yeah, without well callused hands or gloves any sort of rough stone is going to wear on your skin. You going to go back there again or nah (too many people, rock scrambling is too rough)?

Hah, whole paycheck is right, I was never down with paying 2-4x for food that I can get at the regular grocery store. But they do take food stamps so there’s that.
Frozen veggies are supposed to be almost as good as fresh ones, I guess they flash freeze it so they retain almost all of their nutrients. The only thing with frozen veggies is that it’s usually a limited selection, not like you can get frozen lettuce/salad stuff, it’s mostly peas, carrots, green beans etc.

That’s interesting you mentioned you got some subs that were off, the woman and I went to this place called Fontano’s in chicago’s little Italy (an area southwest of downtown Chicago that was home to a lot of Italian restaurants and deli’s, still is but there’s more variety now) and got some subs cause they were favorites of hers when younger, and they tasted fine but for some reason we both got upset stomachs (ie the squirts) after eating them. Not sure why that was but maybe it was the subs, I guess some food contamination you cant really taste. Of course, if it tasted bad im sure we wouldn’t have eaten them.

The team owners voted for playoff games that each team gets at least one possession during overtime; previously it was if the first team scores a TD that ends the game, but if they only get a FG then the other team gets a possession (just like the regular season OT rules). Now even if the first team scores a TD the other team gets a possession, this was to prevent a situation like the chiefs/bills playoff game that went to OT but the chiefs won the toss and scored a TD and josh allen didn’t get a chance to tie it up.

Yeah Pop, food that’s been under heat lamps a long time can be pretty sketch, you would think if it’s kept hot it wouldn’t grow bacteria but most of the time it’s not kept THAT hot, just very warm and so bacteria can still grow on it. That’s why restaurants and health codes have holding times for foods, that you can only keep food warm for a certain amount of time before you have to throw it out. I guess those employees thought they were doing you a favor but you guys paid the price unfortunately.

Here's the fontano’s Italian subs we got, like I said they tasted fine and I cant be entirely sure they were what upset our stomachs but needless to say the woman might not be too eager to go back anytime soon…

fontanos 1.jpg
fontanos 2.jpg
fontanos 3.jpg
fontanos 4.jpg
fontanos 5.jpg
fontanos 6.jpg

Attachments

• fontanos 1.jpg
    fontanos 1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG 20200524 190315
    IMG 20200524 190315
    52 KB · Views: 35
  • fontanos 3.jpg
    fontanos 3.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 27
  • fontanos 4.jpg
    fontanos 4.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 26
  • fontanos 5.jpg
    fontanos 5.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 31
  • fontanos 6.jpg
    fontanos 6.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 30

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
surfs up and the beaches are getting warm

climbing on the rocks was actually one of the best parts of this place
i enjoy climbing but am not an expert
i would love to go there with my bil who is a true mountaineer
it would probably be walk in the park for him, unless you are talking about true climbing with gear he is just kind of meh about it
/he is an unbeleiveable lead climber
the place was fun and the price was right, but i think next time we go we would camp there and set out for other places close by to explore but not drive all the way to fish creek
/unless you want to do some off roading
the mrs gets frozen kale and stuff like that and its pretty decent
plus i think its like $1 a bag (roughly 16oz) for things like peas, carrots and stuff like that
the price is right and you can get a lot of good food for a few bucks
the new playoff overtime rules sound about right! why let the game be decided by chance? let each team have one posession and let the game play on
what they sould do is have a full quarter of ot! but that might get a little strenuous
/ever see one of those baseball games that go into extra extra innings?
i would love it and it wouldmake for great sport but also increases the chances for injury
the subs we got just felt heavy in the belly, not like they were bad or anything like that
/i keep our food in an insulated bag, not like on ice but good enough
those subs looked great btw, like they had whole olives on them?! but if it dident sit right its not worth it
dude, that is sweet that your dad had a van with a mural spray painted on its side!
i remember those kind of cars from backin the day and they kicked ass
there is this one pizza place we pass by on our way to the back country that has like $6 pizzas but we never stop
its like some kind of liquor store but ooks ok, im just not too sure that the pie will be worth it
/juice not worht the squeeze, plus bad belly later in the day
who knows man, one day im going to pick one up and see what happens
there is also a camel ranch on the way out and we always talk about stopping by there too and seeing what they have, can you make cheese out of camel milk
what does it taste like
/i dont drink milk so im not too sure on this
yeah man, its gets into the 70s here on the coast and we are in for some heat this week
the desert is usually about 20* hotter and dry
its starting to feel like spring here but we have a couple months to go until we get the real heat
start your week of right guys! and enjoy every sandwich

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm gonna have to ask my dad about finding a picture of his Molly Hatchet van.i don't even know why he chose it.i guess it was just a cool album cover.while I'm at it I'll see if I can find the tourtoise with the joint in his mouth! For some reason my mom don't want anyone to see our pictures.they aren't even hers.

That sub looks decent.but when they give food away I don't how liable they are.im sure at least a little bit.might be trying to kill me! Lol! Oh I'm beat.you must still be in your prime Pops! I thought you were about my age?! I'm 34.im not mountain climbing!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that would be sweet man to see a mural on the side of a van! thats some old school shit that would be cool as hell
tortise with joint in mouth, heck yeah!
post up what you can my man, let us in on the fun
im 50 yrs old brother, but have my strength and sences about me
i guess some of us are just lucky and never grew up

talking heads:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think most mountain climbing is not really free-climbing where you’re hanging off of sheer cliffs with ropes and such. Most peaks you can ‘climb’ up to by just hiking (up steep grades) and scrambling on all fours like you did over rock formations or areas of loose rocks. Still a heck of a workout even if it’s not as dangerous as free climbing; then again, if you misstep and tumble down a steep incline it’s not like falling off a cliff but close enough to badly injure or kill you.

https://www.youtube.com/user/forestyforest
I follow this dude on y-tube, he lives in his van and climbs summits a few times a week. Usually it takes a hike of a few miles to even get to the summit, then he climbs up and down and hikes back to his van, I probably wouldn’t be able to walk for a week after that lol.

Frozen kale is good for long term storage of green leafy veggies, frozen fruit is good too. I guess both would be useful for smoothies and such if youre into that.

Canned foods are useful for long term storage as well, in the hood you can get canned stuff for really cheap from the street folk, I think the homeless people in the area raid the dumpsters of the local groceries since they throw out dented cans they cant sell lol.

College football has OT’s where each team starts at the opponent 25yd line and you have to score, you’re already in FG range but if you score a TD the other team gets a possession and has to match or exceed what the first team did. By the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] set of OT possession, teams have to go for 2pts conversions if they score TDs. Before 2021, each team didn’t have to go for 2 and if both kept scoring TDs you could have teams scoring 4-5 td’s in OT alone, turning a 31-31 game at the end of regulation into a 77-70 game by the time someone finally wins.

We got mild giardiniera on the subs for an extra 50c, it’s an Italian relish made of olives and celery, cauliflower carrots brined in oil and vinegar and seasoning. I like the flavor it adds but the hot version is really spicy.

Im not sure about that camel milk cheese, that might be an interesting experience though so let us know if you do try it.

Hey Hawk, now that we’re past the snowy season are you getting any roofing jobs? The outdoor work should be starting up now, I know the woman has a friend who’s looking to get her roof redone…