What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Questions, enquiries, payments and anything else

vanilla dutch

buyer beware is what im thinking.you win some you lose some. in all my years buying seeds always from gypsy.ive never lost one seed.i think most claims are bogus and unfounded. even crush proof if u want to reach that far. but honestly a insurance for seeds would be a good option for a guarnteed delivery.:blowbubbles:

superx

Veteran
In the past I have lost seeds to the customs, they sent me a letter stating they had intercepted a suspicious package and they needed me to be there so they could open it in my presence.
If i did not get in contact with them by a certain date the said package would be destroyed.
Well bollox to that, it happened twice as well.

I know the risks I am taking before I put my order in so accepted the loss, I certainly wouldn't expect the breeder to send me more beans. Its a bit like the old days when I was always sending cash in envelopes and still do from time to time when I can, if the cash goes missing or doesn't reach its destination then there is fuk all I can do about that either..

I have heard of seed companies asking for proof that your package was intercepted by customs by taking pics of the paperwork and forwarding it on to them, i think there response was varied to each complaint.
Losing seeds in the post comes with the territory.

Cantharellus

The whole purpose of the tracking was to stop people from claiming they didn't receive the goods. Now that tracking is totally unreliable that's no good. I have never had a package seized and have never had one go missing until the last two. That is 30+ years of ordering seeds on and off. After I lost the first one I knew the risk of ordering the second. I don't expect a replacement but it would be nice. If I ran the gorilla I would put a banner statement that orders to the states are at your own risk due to matters beyond your control. Simple as that.

I also don't believe that most peoples claims are bogus like someone above said.

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
The whole purpose of the tracking was to stop people from claiming they didn't receive the goods. Now that tracking is totally unreliable that's no good. I have never had a package seized and have never had one go missing until the last two. That is 30+ years of ordering seeds on and off. After I lost the first one I knew the risk of ordering the second. I don't expect a replacement but it would be nice. If I ran the gorilla I would put a banner statement that orders to the states are at your own risk due to matters beyond your control. Simple as that.

I also don't believe that most peoples claims are bogus like someone above said.

yeah totally understand , by the way this post was not made towards you mate as i know we are having trouble with your package at the min, i get this on accations running real gorilla an seedbay of course ,

to be fair its got worst obviously since this covid and no one at the postal depots know there arse from there elbow at the minute

momosBoy

Dude its not that they are "keeping" your seeds. The mail system is under siege and totally overwhelmed because the cheeto has ruined it in just 3 short years. It has nothing to do with seeds. They would just as easily lose socks or gloves or anything else.

I can confirm this. The place is a literal shit hole. I don't know how it got this bad

Jerry_Garcia

yeah totally understand , by the way this post was not made towards you mate as i know we are having trouble with your package at the min, i get this on accations running real gorilla an seedbay of course ,

to be fair its got worst obviously since this covid and no one at the postal depots know there arse from there elbow at the minute

Thanks Panikz, I hope everyone understands the reason for my post was just to ask what others in the states are seeing for delivery times. I agree with what others have said above, we know the risk and lost packages are going to happen from time to time. I don't think an insurance option is going to be the answer as it would still be a financial hit for RGSC and you may see more people claiming packages never arrived when in fact they did.

It is simply the nature of this business and the fact that we have to rely on the postal service, especially during Covid, isn't helping matters. Time to place another order this morning.

gsxr97

Veteran
Government employee

Government employee

In My area , they have incompetent people sorting , delivering, and as customer service. Feels like a power struggle every time I’ve tried to go in and figure out a missing package. They will straight lie to your face . I finally gave up last time, I even tried to call and complain about the Local po master , but the wait time was 3 hours. 30 mins in the po customer service line hung up on me . Tried again , and as soon as I got on hold again for a customer service , bam , hung up again. So good luck getting ahold of someone to complain, I think it’s Near to impossible.

The next big town has a much better employee network .

I guess this is the case of incompetent workers climbing the government ladder.

Anyone who Happens to be a competent postal worker , I apologize, it’s not you , it’s all of your shitty co-workers.

What a shame the postal service has gone down hill in the last 30 years.

I can confirm this. The place is a literal shit hole. I don't know how it got this bad

vanilla dutch

my mail always makes it to the destination. and back. seems people lie about sending payments and then get irrate about not getting something for free. bollocks is what i say about that.but anyway sent payment for the gorilla bandanna. just curious to see how long that takes.with covid it seems about a month. without covid usually 2 weeks maximum..cool post office story one time i ordered some music cds and there was a chemical spill at the sorting facility and they had to resend them at no cost to me.thank you united states postal service.

vanilla dutch

as far as i am concerned i always had 100 percent delivery using gypsy nirvana. as far back as overgrow days. the mail is slower to be honest.but it delivers in america. just slower now.for me the average sent to delivered there and back is two weeks maximum. nowadays the post office says two weeks just to get there. but i know seedbay delivers same as seed boutique and the old seeds direct. ive gotten all my clothes ive ordered as well from real gorilla seeds. no complaints here. this is the new normal. patience is a virtue.

Last edited:

vanilla dutch

just wanted to add it only took 3 weeks to recieve order.damn good considering covid and my mistakes when ordering.thanks RGS

ricardox

Stop selling catnip seeds mate purchased 4 packs off you and not 1 seed germinated!
Check catnip section you will find others had the same thing happen.

£120 down the drain.

order 2703.

vanilla dutch

maybe practice your germing technique before u blame the seller or breeder. more than likely ur technique was the problem.not the seeds.

antheis

Veteran
Stop selling catnip seeds mate purchased 4 packs off you and not 1 seed germinated!

£120 down the drain.

order 2703.

How did you germ them?

Mine soaked until they sank (overnight) and have been in paper towels in zip lock bags for about 14 hours. No movement yet but it is quite early

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I've had great customer service with Real Gorilla Seeds. Much more than can be said for other vendors. Think about how many times you've been scammed for cannabis flower or produce like fruit at the grocery store. Half of grocery stores sell unripe and/or spoiled produce definitely not A grade ready to eat. If that is the case they are passing their losses onto consumers which is unacceptable. Now look at Real Gorilla Seeds who sent me free fresh seeds which they produced with agreement to post a grow diary here on IC Mag. Everything I purchased from them arrived as described without delay. Yes I paid for some old seeds that did not sprout. Considering they are functioning as a seed bank allowing others to trade buy and sell, clearly state the date on many of the packs and provide extra seeds or freebies with every purchase their own seeds with vigorous germination more than make up for it. I do not recall hearing of such a positive experience with purchasing cannabis seeds from any other supplier. This is the only place I have ordered seeds from and thankfully it looks like the best. When you see each of a hundred different seed banks listing a hundred seed banks in their inventory you know something is off and all of those are not authentic, I digress.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Catnip seeds? What is that guy on about...Gypsy and Panickz have only been the most upfront vendors..20 year old beans germing no problem, some others sold as old seed not, but many freebies given to compensate and the risk was made well known before purchase, newer seed germ like it was made yesterday, their long term seed storage protocols seem to be A OK...Panikz's customer service is second to none..never a complaint from my side..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Catnip seeds is a seed seller who has been inactive for a while...a few years...

It's not impossible that the seeds didn't germ.

Antheis did your ones come germ in the end???
---

As a vendor on seedbay it's great to hear that the vast majority of people buying seeds have had good experiences ... Paniks is a great guy to deal with.

antheis

Veteran
Antheis did your ones come germ in the end???

No. Most of them cracked but never put out a taproot. It's fair to say that these seeds are dead. Considering these two I tried, orange oblivion and nyghaze x AO, are around 8 years old it is quite surprising that zero have come out of their shells. Honestly 8 years isn't that long for cannabis seeds.

I'm not saying panickz or rgs are at fault but before they came into the picture seedbay/bou seemed to be in disarray with Gypsy locked up and seeds weren't stored properly. Repeated results from three, possibly four, unrelated individuals I can say that was the case with near certainty.

Rip catnip seeds.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran

£120 down the drain.

order 2703.

curious what pack you had issues with. i had no issues wth their fem seeds but did have germination problems with their regular gg#3.