What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

To those that know me and those that don't

Ratzilla

Veteran
A big shout out to all you like minded peeps.
Next month I'll turn 77 Holy mother of god. At this age their are more memories then ambition but been doing what i been doing for a long time now and got it down.
I have been recycling my medium AHEM notice that i did not say mix for many years now.
It started out @5 parts coir,3 parts WC and 2 parts perlite but added rice hulls, diatomachus earth, zeolite and bentonite clay. I love covalent bonds.
I like a well draining, quick drying medium.
I been growing in the same closet for at least 16 years and replication breeds harmony.
I also bred my own strain of goodness I call her Skunk A Rella again it started out as a Red Hair Skunk and Cinderella 99 been inbreeding now over and over and it looks nothing like it started out sticky it is and knowing your plants goes far to becoming your own guru.
When i look at my soil it is full of life, critters farming for their daddy.
I put buried treasures at the bottom of my pots all organic with a higher N in vegetative then when flowering.I like giving my plant choices rather then just globally mixing in a fertilizer.
I learned much from the REV and still read his writings to this day.
Just wanted to say I might be the oldest mary jane affectionate on these boards and wanted to pass on to those coming behind me how some consistency goes far in learning to be great caregivers.
I can't be the oldest fuck here or AM I?
RatZ:woohoo:

hayday

Veteran
You're way older than me but everything in your post rings good and true with me. I begain growing 15 years back in organic soil, did a hydro stint and I'm back to dirt for good.
I hope I will still be bloomin out plants in 17 years when I'm your age. I got a bit of wisdom from your post about the treasure in the botton, might have to put that in practice someday.
Be good,:respect:

Rembetis

Yep. Same here but not as old. Old dirt grows some good shit! I re mineralize and I throw any trim back in the bin. Anything else is top dressed as needed.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

- Its not how old you are - its how you roll with it that counts -

- Rock'On Ratzilla!

hayday

Veteran
:laughing:Haha, that guys probibly only 50^
Hard miles.
A few months back I took a drive to the west end for some isolation. As I get there I see an old fisherman walking miles from anywhere so I offer him some water and ask him whats up?
Turns out his friend left him about 40 miles from home after fishing all night .He had been waling most of the morning , barefoot with no drinks or food.
I offered to take him home and he accepted and we chatted about shit as he nodded from exaustion. I asked his age at one point and he said 52. I was shocked,dude was wrinkled and gray and looked super old like 70 or something and I'm thinking I have done everything wrong in my life,been drinking and doping,lived in the sun and wind and this old dude looks 20 years older than me but in reality, I am 5 years his senior.
I Turn 60 this spring, I finnaly got a gray hair lol
I hope your Birthday fiinds you well Ratz...

Ratzilla

Veteran
:laughing:Haha, that guys probibly only 50^
Hard miles.

I Turn 60 this spring, I finnaly got a gray hair lol
I hope your Birthday fiinds you well Ratz...

That one guy is downright scary.
Thanking all my fellow enthusiast.
Hope to be back here next year and say the same thing again.
Love you all!
RatZ:biggrin: