What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

16 kW. 8 flip. Sealed w/ lung.

420eden

The electric side of the lung.

IMG_0241.jpg

The water side.

IMG_0235.jpg

removable plywood panels provide access to each 8' x 16' flowering room

IMG_0249.jpg

interior of 1 room. 6000 BTU AC.

IMG_0103.jpg

view from other side of room. Those holes are intake and exhaust from the lung.

IMG_0106.jpg

fan and filter of 1 room. 6" can fan.

IMG_0207.jpg

400 L collapsible res, and CO2 tank

IMG_0234.jpg

65 pint dehumidifier

IMG_0254.jpg

food etc.

IMG_0256.jpg

walls framed

201011031258_452.jpg

room 1 with the girls just finishing veg

IMG_0102.jpg

room 2. Half the plants from room one were moved over and the flip plugged in 9 days ago.

IMG_0206.jpg

ballast and flip box

IMG_0236.jpg

power/fuse box for the ballasts

IMG_0238.jpg

100 amp panel

IMG_0237.jpg

Lady.

IMG_0200.jpg

Canopy

IMG_0194.jpg

Lots of budsites

IMG_0087.jpg

2 flowering rooms, each measuring 8' x 16'.
Removable 'door' panels.
1 lung measuring 8' x 19'
Currently 4 x1000 w HPS each room. Will be 8 next run.
Each room has it's own 6000 BTU AC and there is another 8000 BTU AC in the lung.
CO2 is just on a timer for now, but will be on a controller next run.
400 L res. Watering by hand with a 1/6 HP sump pump and watering wand.
House and Garden nutes.
10" pots full of canna coco.
Dedicated 100 AMP service panel.
Each room has a 6" high output can fan w/ filter.

J

Joe Budden

Looking really good man, I'm tagging this! I wouldn't like to be hand watering all of that LOL. What strain ya growing?

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Very nice, I'm a fan.

I'm very jealous you are able to cool 16k of open air hoods with only 20kbtu's of ac. wtf how is that possible lol.

The collapsable res is awesome I've never seen that.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Wow, nice pics! Looks clean.

I dont think you have enough Ac to double the wattage though, 8 lights aircooled need around 24k btu in a sealed grow. Good kuck, I look forward to future updates.

grow nerd

Veteran
Nice idea but I think you're severely under-equipped capacity wise, unless there are some major components in the lung room that you haven't yet introduced.

Don't take it as an offense, but is this your first rodeo? A lot of the equipment looks like it's sized for a 1-3 light room, not an 8x2 site.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tagged

Tagged

Wow. Great room. This is the kinda shit I dream about.
I'm not sure if your taking suggestions but, since you are running open air bulbs, have you considered going bare bulb vertical?
You'd be making better use of those lights and it'd be easier to cool also.

I hope you see many happy harvests homie.

:tiphat:

MARLO

250wscrogger

Nice work on the build...but you need a much bigger A/C....

I would suggest a 2.5 ton ductless mini split for the lung room...

Once you get the airflow in/out of the lung room dialed in you should be able to cool two 8k rooms on a flip with one 30000 btu a/c...

If you went with aircooled hoods a 2 ton would be plenty...

Those rooms should each have a 10'' max fan/ 10''x39'' phresh filter timed to exhaust into the lung room during lights on...
The lung room should have two 10'' max fans (one for each room) timed to pump A/C air into the room with lights on only...
Put the co2 in the lung room...

Each 8k room should also have a 100 pint santa fe dehuey...

420eden

Marshall - Thanks for the kind words!

Joe - Strain is 54 Ultra Skunk, with 6 Ultimate Indica in there as well. This is a medical grow with a 98 plant max. And the hand watering is only for this cycle. Next will be 4 rows of 12 air pots in each room with a top feed run to waste.

Head - I will be adding a 3 ton water cooled AC when the next lights go in. As it is right now the 4 lights are being easily cooled with just the 2 6000's. The 8000 hasn't even been turned on. The compressor side of the AC's hangs out into a separate room with a huge volume of air (11,700 cubic feet). This compressor room has several windows open a crack and stays very cool (about 65-70 degrees). The collapsible res was ordered from homedepot.com for just $100. It came in a box no bigger than 8" x 8" x 32". Also has a hook up for a hose at the bottom, and an over flow hook up at the top. So far, I love it!

Lazyman - Thanks a lot! I have read, re-read and then read again many of your threads over and over again. haha. So of course I know I cannot cool 8 lights with just 20k btu. ;)

Dawgs - Thanks!

Huge - Thanks as well!

Grow nerd - Could you provide me with a little more info? Other than the AC, what components am I "severely under equipped" for? 20k btu is only good for a 1-3 light room? 12k is easily cooling my 4 lights as it is. What other "major components" will I need. And no, this is most def not my first show.

Marlo - This has been a dream of mine for a long time as well! I have considered going bare bulb and vertical. And have in fact had success doing that in previous shows. However, with the walls in each room being so tight, it didn't really suit my application. But thanks for the advice!

250wscrogger - Based on your moniker, I will guess that you are passing on theoretical knowledge and not practical. Yes, I know that I need a bigger AC to cool 8 lights. Airflow into and out of each room is already handled fine with a 6 inch can fan exhausting each room into the lung, and a pasive 4 inch intake that runs the full 16 foot length of each room. This 4 inch ducting is then capped at the end, and drilled out with 16 1 inch holes along its length. This brings fresh CO2's and AC'd air back into each flowering room. I will get a picture up soon to try and make more sense. And do you really recommend 4 10" fans for air exchange? I will tell you that both flowering rooms have air exchange night and day. The temp in each room drops to about 70 degrees at night, and are about 80 during the day. As for the dehuey. There will not be 200 pints of water to remove from the air each day, and even if there was, once my 65 pint is hooked up to a drain should be fine. But thanks for the advice. :)

Anyone else with questions, comments, advice, please feel free.

Damn dude, you dont mess around! thats one bad ass setup you have there :respect:

Btw, you have one of my pics hanging on your wall lol. In the ghs poster, bottom row second from the left :D

:lurk:

Marshall

I do agree the DH is undersized. I speak from personal experience running rooms of similar size. Shouldnt be a big deal to add a bigger one later, just be prepared.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp on what you are doing and your expansion plans. SHould be be a pretty good grow.

T

theJointedOne

I think it looks nice and perfect, great job, im sure you know whats best for your own set up ;)

i like your strain choice as well....looking forward to seeing more buds! i like your cleanliness as well, your grow looks clean and organized, thats already a big step towards a nice harvest

420eden

Thanks cheese! Did you actually take the pic? Are you responsible for the strain? If so, kudos. I love cheese!

Marshal - Thanks for the heads up! The AC's do a pretty good job of keeping the RH down as it is. Right now the dehuey is only taking about 30 pints a day from the air. However I am aware that as flowering progresses so will the amount of water that needs to be removed. Like you say, if I need it, it's no biggie to add later. :)

Puddin - I have indeed! If only I could have been so on top of it during high school. :(

Jointed - you are right, what works for one setup may not for another, and vice versa. As long as my girls are good and healthy, Im happy!

16" wall mount fans

IMG_0321.jpg

intake manifold

IMG_0289.jpg

day 10 flower

IMG_0277.jpg

Thanks cheese! Did you actually take the pic? Are you responsible for the strain? If so, kudos. I love cheese!

Hell yeah i took the pic, however i think Mr. Cheese is the one who worked with it and gave the cut to big buddha who then collaborated with ghs, he's also a member of IC. Franco from ghs askd to use my pic. It is my favorite strain though :D . sorry for getting off-track.

The setup looks very efficient, such a nice dense canopy, cant wait to see some buds :canabis: