What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
my mangos came down last night, so im going to try a litle bit like this, ive got a smallish jar i can use that will be full with the little amount, i imagine that if i used a great big jar and only had a bit in the bottom, it may not work so well.

G

Dudes, I totally flaked out on the ppm reading.hehe. I will do it now but I am not sure how effective the numbers at this point.

I'll start doing it tonight.

Tex

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
So, i am gonna do this in a moment, let get it str8 in my head 1st, i taje ma buds, put em in the jar, put on the room temp water. 24 hours l8er, i change the water, now do i just pour it str8 out, or do i fish the buds out 1st, then, some1 said about rinsing the buds before adding the fresh water, how, fill the jar a couple extra times and empty it? So, anyway, ive been soaking and changing for lets say 4 days, i give 1 last change, and soak 4 the last time, then, i get rid of the water, then do i hang the buds as they are, pat them dry? what then??

G

I poked holes in the top of the lid on the jar and just turn it upside down to empty the water, I do no remove the buds at all. I do not rinse buds between changing of the water.

I fill and drain once a day for 6 days total.When done with the soaking process I pat them dry and just hang to dry like I normally do.

Tex

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Thanks Tex, all my qs answered in a clear understandable way once again, cheers m8, now, where is that jar..............

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
water cure...

water cure...

Hey Tex, have ya ever smoked any bud cured this way before ? has anyone here tried it ?

Last edited:
G

Yes, I have smoked water cured before. I have been playin with the process for a couple months now but have yet to do a side by side like I am here.

I have also smoked some from an old cat around here and it was smooth but I didn't have a side by side comparison for a point of reference.

Tex

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
water cure

water cure

Yeah I see what ya mean, you have to have something to judge it by... water cureing looks like it would wash away any chloraphil (sp?) that is left, but do you think it leeches nutes. out ? I really don't think it will, the nutes. have turned to sugars or carbos. by the time they get to the buds right ? what do you (and everyone else) think ?

G

BC, I have always flushed prior to water curing so I do not know.

420 is doing a test of some without any flush prior to water curing so we will see what he comes up with.

Tex

G

Water was 114 ppm coming out of the jar and 22 ppm going back in for the next day.

Still looks about the same with a little more discoloration in the leaf material

Tex

G

Right on TK!
So again, was this medicine flushed in the traditional method, before the water cure thing?
Were there nutes left in the plant that you would have normally flushed out?
Just curious.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
hhhhmmmm....

hhhhmmmm....

Maybe I missed it, did 00420 also use oganics ? it would be interesting to see what his ppm.are (at the same # of days) since he didn't flush prior to harvest, kind of a comparison thing there too...

I have read that useing organics what ever food that is left in the plant ( flushed or not ) will turn into a sugar known as a flavanoid (sp?) as it cures but useing chem. nutes ( without a flush ) the plant doesn't have the ability process it once it's been chopped, so those molecules (sp?) stay locked up in it and that's where the shitty taste comes from.... makes sense I reckon... If water cureing does leach out the nutes makes ya wonder if it would draw out the chem. nutes too. For now it's going to be cool to see if it makes a diffrence in the Kid's organic grown bud. Sorry for ramblin guys I'm fuckin RIPPED right now. hehe

G

This was flushed for 12 days prior to chopping and dunking in water.

I assume that any residual nutes and plant materials from the plant. We will see tonight when I change the water what the reading is.

Tex

Thought I would post my results as well. I just put a few good sized nugs from my plants into a mason jar with water. I poked holes in the top (ty Tex for the idea). The ppm of the water going in was 70. After 24 hours I dumped out the water for the first time and it was 525ppm. I attribute this to dust and the like. They have been flushing for about 2 weeks now. Should be intersting to see how the ppm are affected over time.

G

Luvgrass, Start by reading the two threads here that are focused solely on the process of water curing.

As each of us finish our test we are posting the results so you can follow along from home.

Tex

friendlyfriend

Veteran
dang i feels like i been waiting for this water cure to finish up for weeks and from the looks of it.... jeez its only been.... 6 days.... :gasp:

G

I think tonight is my last night and then I am going to hang to dry.

Tex

Latest posts

Latest posts