What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

no mention anywhere of % weight change per day of curing?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
i always lose 50 percent of my weight from chop to smoke. thats what i found out.

I think my farmer buddy is drying longer. That is because my jars are not burping very much the first month, like they used to. Some Runtz came that was drier than I was expecting, because it took up a lot more volume than usual. Usually a quart jar is a tad too small for a qp. I need to get some hydrometers for the jars.

phunkeeboodah

Didn't learn a thing. Did you son?

i learned that when smoking foot hash, there's going to be some hair in there, also, making dry ice hash can get messy

seriously though i had no idea the quality of the plant i was growing and i do know the parents were grown in a compromised way so i know it is genetics so will try other strains. it actually smokes ok with blades but in a joint no bueno

i selected for speed and although not good drug wise i did yield 39% at 7.16 oz dry ice kief

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i learned that when smoking foot hash, there's going to be some hair in there, also, making dry ice hash can get messy

seriously though i had no idea the quality of the plant i was growing and i do know the parents were grown in a compromised way so i know it is genetics so will try other strains. it actually smokes ok with blades but in a joint no bueno

i selected for speed and although not good drug wise i did yield 39% at 7.16 oz dry ice kief

Foot hash? What the hell is that?

phunkeeboodah

u don't wanna know lol, i trashed it though after a few tokes due to contaminants. also, my leg hair was bright green after the dry ice extraction

one thing i found out, the high from the keif was better than the weed. but, it was still with a heavy burnout and uneven overall effect. pressing and heating the kief in my attempts to make hash is what finally smoothed the high out and made it quite enjoyable and wow just one small blade of the pure grade hash is enough to get blizzazed

this experience has also led me to buying my first vape (sutra mini from canadianvaporizers in bc). and i should add i bought the 220 micron extraction bag from xxxtractor in quebec and had to call about a question on the website and the owner was super nice and added some free things to the order

also, the oven bags were used to press/heat the hash and continue to hold the hash, and although the material was not potent enough in my attempt to make canna oil in the slow cooker with water, i used the extra oven bag to pour the canna oil/water mixture into(filtered by muslin cloth in a five gallon bucket), let settle, then snip the bottom corner and let the water drain out before swiftly moving it over a container as the oil began to follow

so oven bags forever lol

thedudefresco

I have some bud that's been chilling in jars for like 2 weeks.

Smells great. Fresh.

Gauge says 65 percent RH.

Usually I cure a bit lower RH, but I'm always searching for that sweeter spot. My other buds I've been curing for about a month at around 60 percent or so, smoke smoothly but the buds which are at 65 smoke harsher.

I don't usually use RH monitors I have a good sense of things and generally dry longer before the jar with good success.

I'm currently using Caliber 1V to monitor RH and yeah this one strain which is at 65 smokes harsh but looks and smells great.

Does a higher RH cure demand a longer amt of time before smoking smooth?

Edit: I'm curious because this plant which has been curing for about 2 weeks at 65 was also a plant I fertilized more heavily lol so I am trying to determine if the harshness is coming from the grow conditions or the processing conditions.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Can you co-relate jars making gas (burp) with the RH dropping, and does the burping stop at a certain RH?

thedudefresco

Can you co-relate jars making gas (burp) with the RH dropping, and does the burping stop at a certain RH?

co relate jars?

Not sure what you mean but I will say that the RH is stable.

When temps drop the buds can sweat but I have boveda's in there for that reason. But Temps are generally gonna be 50-65 where I am storing them.

I don't really burp my jars after I notice my buds at the optimum level of dankness (relative to my touch). Usually after a week or so they start to feel a certain way and stabilize. I then throw in a boveda.