What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help PM in flower

hash head

I know there are many threads on this but I am in a very critical situation. Large outdoor plants being attacked by PM.. some have a couple weeks to go some seem 3 or 4 weeks out.. I used MilStop (Potassium Bicarbonate) a few weeks ago and it seemed to help a bit but the PM has returned with vengeance.. Please any advice.. Is diluted milk a good option for PM in flower? For potassium bicarbonate solution is an atomizer sprayer or sump pump with hose and sprayer nozzle better? For the diluted milk method?

I dont have the option of just pulling the plants.. I need to fix this asap..

Most plants it is showing on the shady side of the plant..

I was considering washing the plants down with plain water to wash off the pm before applying a treatment but I'm not sure if this would make the infection worse..

Should I turn off irrigation timers or reduce frequency to try to slow the spread?

Please any advice or tips from people who have had success defeating or at least holding PM back in flower would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Is there something else that can be used successfully in flower to stop PM?

hellfire

Regalia Biofungicide should be fine for flower. It is derived from Reynoutria sachalinensis and boosts the plants own PM fighting abilities.

hash head

I know it's too late to use wettable sulfur as a foliar.. and that it would have been good to use before flower as preventative but would it serve any purpose or benefit as a soil drench at this point? Can the sulfur be absorbed by the roots and have any beneficial effect on the fight against the PM that way?

Also with Potassium bicarbonate like milstop or even with milk is it better to spray in the morning or evening?

Does PM spread more with dry leaf conditions or wet? I always hear mixed thoughts on this.

hash head

Regalia Biofungicide should be fine for flower. It is derived from Reynoutria sachalinensis and boosts the plants own PM fighting abilities.
Have you had success with this? How long does it take to work once applied? Can it be used once PM is present or only as preventative? Does it work better than actinovate and or armory?

Rico Swazi

I know it's too late to use wettable sulfur as a foliar.. and that it would have been good to use before flower as preventative but would it serve any purpose or benefit as a soil drench at this point? Can the sulfur be absorbed by the roots and have any beneficial effect on the fight against the PM that way?

Also with Potassium bicarbonate like milstop or even with milk is it better to spray in the morning or evening?

Does PM spread more with dry leaf conditions or wet? I always hear mixed thoughts on this.

You need to spray a 10% milk solution in full sun or lights on to be effective. I advise against using in late flower as it brings its own problems if done incorrectly. Spraying Potassium carbonate morning or eve will work. Be sure to spray under the leaves til runoff.

good luck

hash head

You need to spray a 10% milk solution in full sun or lights on to be effective. I advise against using in late flower as it brings its own problems if done incorrectly. Spraying Potassium carbonate morning or eve will work. Be sure to spray under the leaves til runoff.

good luck

I've heard as much as 40% milk solution.. is 10% effective as well..? We are past half way through flower so should milk be considered a not an option at this point?

hash head

good luck

I've heard as much as 40% milk solution.. is 10% effective as well? We are past half way through flower so should milk be considered a not an option at this point?

Also any advice on spraying off the pm with plain water or is this a bad idea?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Greencure is potassium bicarbonate, it's considered organic, and I've used it in the past a ton. I don't remember if I used it during flower, but since it's just a foliar that should stay on the leaves you should be able to rinse it off after with an h2o2 batch. I dip all my outdoor in a hydrogen peroxide bath just to rinse off "shtuff".

hash head

Greencure is potassium bicarbonate, it's considered organic, and I've used it in the past a ton. I don't remember if I used it during flower, but since it's just a foliar that should stay on the leaves you should be able to rinse it off after with an h2o2 batch. I dip all my outdoor in a hydrogen peroxide bath just to rinse off "shtuff".
Did the green cure work for you? Is it the best thing you've used for PM?

Max Q

Good luck getting good coverage inside all that dense growth.... I've used green cure, it burned the pistils, but was mostly effective depending on the coverage I got spraying....

This year I've been using Monterey Total Disease Control .... it has been mostly effective.... I've seen some small patches of PM (it looked "dead")..... stuff is kind of pricey, but doesn't burn the flower like green cure.... I think it is more preventive than a cure for PM that has taken hold.....

My final thought is Green Cure will knock it out but you may have to invest in one of those power atomizer/sprayers in order to get full coverage (it must contact the PM) no idea where to get them or what they cost

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are willing to try some systemic stuff i can help solve your problem. The existent pm is difficult to wash off. Ive tried all the organic remedies. If you have a tough enough strain of PM, nothing works. Ive tried
Cease
Procidic
Neem
GreenCure
Plant Therapy
Dr Zymes
Thats just off the top ive tried more.

Mine was so bad in 2017 even the evil mycobutanil(eagle 20/rally) didnt work!

Heritage
-used on tobacco and ive read it has a 2-3 week half life.

Quintec
-used in grape cultivation and has a 3-4 week half life its a derivative of Quinine

After using them both for a bit, i stopped seeing PM. Now, I spray micronized sulfur in veg and up to day 20 of flower and nothing else is required. Depending on the situation, indoors like myself i had to solve the problem, not suppress it. In your case id say you could spray quintec and follow up with heritage a few days later. Give them a good wash afterward and wait out the 4 weeks. Green cure can really fuck product up. The hair discoloration and even bud/calyx browning is off putting. Many know it when they see it too. In my case when i sprayed it, it looked like it was gone at first and then 3-4 days later id notice it in the exact same spots all over again(verified this w photos). If Green Cure works for some thats awesome but for me it barely eliminated any pm and turned my product into something i didnt want to smoke. I am different than some. Id rather spray something systemic and wait out its half life, solve the problem and have a product free of mildew or bugs in the end. I tried it the other way, felt like i was smoking oils, bugs, larvae and mildew/mold over the years i got tired of looking at that shit. Micronized sulfer really changed the game for me and now im prouder of the product than ever. But if pm, mites or aphids show up in my life somehow, ill nuke em. Tried all the other games.

hash head

If you are willing to try some systemic stuff i can help solve your problem. The existent pm is difficult to wash off. Ive tried all the organic remedies. If you have a tough enough strain of PM, nothing works. Ive tried
Cease
Procidic
Neem
GreenCure
Plant Therapy
Dr Zymes
Thats just off the top ive tried more.

Mine was so bad in 2017 even the evil mycobutanil(eagle 20/rally) didnt work!

Heritage
-used on tobacco and ive read it has a 2-3 week half life.

Quintec
-used in grape cultivation and has a 3-4 week half life its a derivative of Quinine

After using them both for a bit, i stopped seeing PM. Now, I spray micronized sulfur in veg and up to day 20 of flower and nothing else is required. Depending on the situation, indoors like myself i had to solve the problem, not suppress it. In your case id say you could spray quintec and follow up with heritage a few days later. Give them a good wash afterward and wait out the 4 weeks. Green cure can really fuck product up. The hair discoloration and even bud/calyx browning is off putting. Many know it when they see it too. In my case when i sprayed it, it looked like it was gone at first and then 3-4 days later id notice it in the exact same spots all over again(verified this w photos). If Green Cure works for some thats awesome but for me it barely eliminated any pm and turned my product into something i didnt want to smoke. I am different than some. Id rather spray something systemic and wait out its half life, solve the problem and have a product free of mildew or bugs in the end. I tried it the other way, felt like i was smoking oils, bugs, larvae and mildew/mold over the years i got tired of looking at that shit. Micronized sulfer really changed the game for me and now im prouder of the product than ever. But if pm, mites or aphids show up in my life somehow, ill nuke em. Tried all the other games.
Haven't seen quintec available locally.. it's too late to use micronized sulfur unless it is effective at all as a feed or root drench..

Right now I have Milstop which is potassium bicarbonate similar to GreenCure I think..

Ever try the milk method? Is it a good idea to try it in flower?

I will try to find quintec and heritage locally.

Do you know what active ingredient in Heritage is?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive tried skim, 2% and whole milk, ive tried them all at diff dilutions. Not only did i find it gross but it didnt help at all for me. I cant speak for others. The micronized sulfur wont help as a root drench. I hate the game you have to play with this. It sucks there are so many products and they simply dont do shit. Procidic, claims to be specifically made for cannabis and is safe etc. citric acid based. It did nothing. Like actually nothing. Other stuff seems capable of masking the issue temporarily like the plant therapy and green cure stuff. I just found it all so ineffective and or damaging to the product.

bigpeter

Check out Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus pumilis. Also check out biofungicide AQ-10 its a biological fungicide for the reduction of powdery mildew
AQ10 contains the fungus Ampelomyces quisqualis which is a hyper parasite of a wide range of powdery mildew fungi. The fungus invades the host myceluium, destroying the powdery mildew cytoplasm.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
https://purolyt.com/

Puro*lyt ef*fect*ively des*troys harm*ful bac*teria, fungi and al*gae.

For ex*ample:
Es*cheri*chia coli - Sal*mon*ella Typh*imuri*um - Sta*phyl*o*coc*cus aure*us - Py*thi*um spp. / Phytoph*thora spp. (Root Rot) - Botryt*is cinerea (Gray Mold) - Per*o*no*spor*aceae (Downy Mil*dew) - Ery*siphaceae (Powdery Mil*dew)

Puro*lyt suc*cess*fully pre*vents the emer*gence of biofilms in ir*rig*a*tion sys*tems.

Spray it pure...

hash head

So I sprayed every plant with Milstop (Potassium Bicarbonate) and it seemed to knock it back a lot..

Considering continuing to spray every couple days to keep it at bay until harvest.

Anyone used the milk method in flower? Considering supplementing with this but dont want to cause other issues like botrytis.. also hear everything from 10% to 50% mixes.. and some people say use skim milk others say use raw milk or goat's milk etc.. anyone with definitive info?

Also anyone know the differences between using sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) vs the potassium bicarbonate (milstop, greencure)? As baking soda would be a lot cheaper than milstop.. will continue using potassium bicarbonate if it's much more effective or safer for the plant.. otherwise might consider making a baking soda mixture instead..

Can tea tree or peppermint dr bronner's be effective and at what dilution ratio?

Last edited:

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Milk will work but as soon as it starts to rinse, it gives you a very very bad smell

Sunshineinabag

I've heard as much as 40% milk solution.. is 10% effective as well..? We are past half way through flower so should milk be considered a not an option at this point?

Week three of flower w slight pm ...in twenty years of growing this is the first pm ive dealt with. Can you explain the 10% milk solution please?