What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me figure this out

issack

Veteran
Okay I hate having to post in this section. I've been growing for many years and about 4 years now in this room. Been very successful in this room. I stick to the same nutrients and schedule. I get anywhere from 2.5 to 3lbs a light.

This run has been looking amazing. Growth is great and plants are healthy and happy except a few. Out of 52 plants I have been having plants just randomly looking like this. All the sudden the new growth will be shooting straight up. The leaves shoot for the ski and Some leaves will completely tourq out and flip upside-down. It almost looks like a nutrients over feed problem but then it doesn't. One plant pulled out of it. But I'm finding plants overnight just start doing this. I have 6 out of 52 plants doing this. Some mild symptoms and one of them is really bad. As you can see all the plants around the infected plant are perfect. This is random and I can't figure this out at all.

-All plants are in plain coco. Same nutrients solution same reservoir. PPM is at 950 and this is drain to waste. Reservoir cleaned thoroughly every 5 days. Rez Temps are set to 64f. Using mills nutrients. Same as I've been using for 4 years.

-I have 2. 3 ton splits and Temps are perfect at 77 lights on and 74 lights out.

-co2 set to 1000ppm

As I said before I'm doing the exact same thing as I always do in this room and this strain i have grown hundreds of times. I've never seen this. I thought it might be mites and I sprayed my tried and true mites eradicating program which I do anyway every single run before I flip 12/12 because if I don't I get them usually. This looks different than any russet mite or cyclamen mite infection..

I'm completely stumped. Any advice would be appreciated.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

issack

Veteran
To me it looks like the claw, caused by too much nitrogen.

Interesting. Well I am using Start R. It's a mills product and it's added nitrogen. I use it only half strength from recomend. I've been using this for years now same exact measurements and never seen this.. again it's only 6 plants out of 52. Ill drop the start R. I'll try anything. Lol

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Interesting. Well I am using Start R. It's a mills product and it's added nitrogen. I use it only half strength from recomend. I've been using this for years now same exact measurements and never seen this.. again it's only 6 plants out of 52. Ill drop the start R. I'll try anything. Lol
It could just be that phenotype is not using as much nitrogen as the rest. If they bounce back it's probably that. Good luck. :tiphat:

DunHav`nFun

That literally has to be what it is man. Thanks for the input.
Been thinkin bout my `ol Bro in paradise.....Long time no see , but hate you`re havin hiccups.....and yeah.....What AP says does make sense as far as the downward claw on some of those leaves that indeed signals Nitrogen toxicity , but as a rule that usually happens to Sativa plants or strong Sat hybrids as lower EC /ppms are always better with the finicky narrow leafed varieties......now.....

6 outta 52 plants tells me something`s goin on in the rootzone , or rather what`s the deal ?......Where are they positioned under the lights , but more importantly .....Are they sitting in low spots on the table where they can soak up the runoff after each feed sequence before the used juice can runoff ? .....Looks like to my old ass it`s a "ph " thing in those particular containers for some odd reason to cause those leaves and limbs to flip upside down , but I`ve been wrong before , just not much lol.....but....

Worst case scenario if they don`t bounce back , you`ll haveta pull the worst plant and examine/smell the rootball as well as look for rootborn critters and or root rot symptoms for whatever reason the others are fine but these aren`t.....

Let`s hope yas got a low spot in the tables and those particular plants are suckin up runoff after being fed before the used juice can drain off thus upping the EC and droppin the ph in those particular bottom containers , but again.....X can be anything.....Pullin for yas Bro.....and.....don`t stay a stranger.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: .......

Nightmode

Issack you're still alive, why don't you keep posting like before?
I've read your threads like 100 times.
Sorry about the problem you are having, did you make sure it is not some pest in the coconut? or in the water?
You could use a UV lamp after the R.O filter to make sure it is free of any microorganisms. I don't think that's the problem anyway

off topic: which DNE timer do you use exactly?
Have you heard the "Athena" brand of nutrients for professional growers? (Athena.ag on instagram) if you can get it you should give it a try. Greetings

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
something fermented or ph is way off in your media/feed. what's the ppm & ph of your runoff?

issack

Veteran
Been thinkin bout my `ol Bro in paradise.....Long time no see , but hate you`re havin hiccups.....and yeah.....What AP says does make sense as far as the downward claw on some of those leaves that indeed signals Nitrogen toxicity , but as a rule that usually happens to Sativa plants or strong Sat hybrids as lower EC /ppms are always better with the finicky narrow leafed varieties......now.....

6 outta 52 plants tells me something`s goin on in the rootzone , or rather what`s the deal ?......Where are they positioned under the lights , but more importantly .....Are they sitting in low spots on the table where they can soak up the runoff after each feed sequence before the used juice can runoff ? .....Looks like to my old ass it`s a "ph " thing in those particular containers for some odd reason to cause those leaves and limbs to flip upside down , but I`ve been wrong before , just not much lol.....but....

Worst case scenario if they don`t bounce back , you`ll haveta pull the worst plant and examine/smell the rootball as well as look for rootborn critters and or root rot symptoms for whatever reason the others are fine but these aren`t.....

Let`s hope yas got a low spot in the tables and those particular plants are suckin up runoff after being fed before the used juice can drain off thus upping the EC and droppin the ph in those particular bottom containers , but again.....X can be anything.....Pullin for yas Bro.....and.....don`t stay a stranger.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: .......

What's up dude.! I'm still plugging away. Just haven't been posting.
Dude I'm doing exactly the same as every run with great results. All plants are perfect except these 6 all new coco and my rez water is perfectly clean. Temps are perfect. I've had the fusarium rot before and it was from heat. My new a/cs have fixed the temo problems couple years ago. Im stumped.

issack

Veteran
something fermented or ph is way off in your media/feed. what's the ppm & ph of your runoff?

Ph is always adjusted to 5.8 6.0 in my rez. I use RO water. My runoff is 6.2 hard to believe it's root zone but could be. Rez Temps are set to 64 on my chiller. I add 30 gallons of fresh feed water a day and add nutes accordingly. All new pots every time I plant this room all new coco as well. I use all new pvc and lines on each grow as well. Same nutes I always use. Temps in the room when lights on are 76 77. I've never seen this in my life. My ppm doesn't go over 950 ever

issack

Veteran
Issack you're still alive, why don't you keep posting like before?
I've read your threads like 100 times.
Sorry about the problem you are having, did you make sure it is not some pest in the coconut? or in the water?
You could use a UV lamp after the R.O filter to make sure it is free of any microorganisms. I don't think that's the problem anyway

off topic: which DNE timer do you use exactly?
Have you heard the "Athena" brand of nutrients for professional growers? (Athena.ag on instagram) if you can get it you should give it a try. Greetings

Hey bud. Glad you enjoy my grow thread. Just haven't been posting man. I should jump back on it though. Lol
My coco is mills coco and cork. Brand new pallet it came off of right out of the bag. Same shit I've been using for years. Idk. All the rest of my plants are killing it with no symptoms. I just stretched nets and flipped today so we shall see.

I use the ART-dne timer. I use mills nutrients line and it's been very good for me. Great yields and harvest every time

issack

Veteran
I stopped the start R days ago. ( I've always used that product and never had a problem) Just flipped 12/12 so we shall see. All the plants but the 6 are thriving and perfect looking. Shit like this is so frustrating

DunHav`nFun

After I realized your plants were on corrugated roofing panels , there`s no way for em to be sittin in runoff , so damnit son.....What ta do......and yeah.....anaerobic rootzone issues "usually" come from excess heat , so again.....why 6 outta 52.....One thing`s fo sho.....If it`s systemic , it`ll spread.....

Pull a plant if you need to.....Hope it`s nothing too bad my buddy.....Good to see you back and doin better.....Covid shit`s bonkers huh ?.....Stay safe and here`s hoping they pull out of it asap.....

Peace.....DHF......:ying: .......

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Your plants are infected with Pythium. Pythium is the unseen enemy of the root zone of cannabis plants both indoors and outdoors. Detecting Pythium in the weed garden can be a real head-scratcher. Pythium loves an overwatered cannabis plant, and if the roots are sitting in a pool of run-off water all the better for this micro-predator root destroyer. Feed your cannabis crop only when it needs to be fed, dialling in an effective wet-dry cycle is crucial.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If you only use a quality potting soil with BIOFUNGICIDE already in it you shouldn't have this problem. BX and HP Pro-mix BIOFUNGICIDE* + MYCORRHIZAE will help stop the onset of root rot or Pythium.

Scrappy-doo

Any time I've had a head scratcher type issue that I just can't figure out and all other causes have been ruled out, my instinct has always been to switch up the medium. For reasons I can't explain, that's almost always worked.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very curious here. My instinct was also pythium but in that instance death is usually around the corner. Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you suspect pythium, the use of a uv sterilizer for the water, adding hygrozyme and hydroguard has completely solved it for me. Havent seen it in years. Best to you!