What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

E&F Flushing

RoyalDankness

Hey growers!

I'm on my second grow with my ebb and flow system, the first one barely counts as that was just a trial run from seed. This run I'm running all clones.

When it comes to flushing, what's your method in an ebb and flow environment? I'm coming up to the end of this cycle and was wondering what's your best practice?

Last time I purged the reservoir and added fresh water, took a jug and started pouring from the top on every pot a couple of times to flush the pebbles and grodan plugs. Turned the pump back on and let it run for a day, then I did the same the day after with new water.

I've just recently started with vaping and I think I flushed it decently, when vaping I could feel a slight harshness at the end of the vape session. Might not have to do with the flushing/nutes though?

LostTribe

Premium user
what are you feeding? I run PBP and only flush every 4 weeks. If I am not feeding high its not necessary to flush with PBP.

Salt based nutes should be flushed weekly or bi weekly. RO and you can add cleareX.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Run pure water NON PH for last 10-14days in your resivor

Makes a good point. However if you have hard water adjust it to your normal range. My well water is above ph 9.
I’ve been using Advanced Nutes Flawless Finish for the past 10 years or so.It the only product of theirs I’ll use. Had a different name prior to that. I mix it 8 ml per gallon and run for 2 days. They recommend running it for a 6 hour flush but it don’t care to do that. Then plan ro water for the next 6-8 days changing that out every 2 days. Everyone has their own way of flushing and that’s mine.

RoyalDankness

Run pure water NON PH for last 10-14days in your resivor

Makes a good point. However if you have hard water adjust it to your normal range. My well water is above ph 9.
I’ve been using Advanced Nutes Flawless Finish for the past 10 years or so.It the only product of theirs I’ll use. Had a different name prior to that. I mix it 8 ml per gallon and run for 2 days. They recommend running it for a 6 hour flush but it don’t care to do that. Then plan ro water for the next 6-8 days changing that out every 2 days. Everyone has their own way of flushing and that’s mine.

10-14 days?! Wow, that feels like it's crazy long for flushing? Isn't one of the big draws of hydro growing to keep the flushing time down?

Joint Lock

10-14 days?! Wow, that feels like it's crazy long for flushing? Isn't one of the big draws of hydro growing to keep the flushing time down?

Up to u what kind of end product u want . Ill leave it at that .I been doing DWC and EF tables for 16yrs now . Thats my advice i stand by it

RoyalDankness

Up to u what kind of end product u want . Ill leave it at that .I been doing DWC and EF tables for 16yrs now . Thats my advice i stand by it

I didn't mean to come off as I didn't appreciate your advice. It just felt like a long period of flushing. I do appreciate the help!

Latest posts

Latest posts