What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yellow tips and some spots on my leaves, please help!

Mr_Wax-Man

Hello y'all,

I'm new to the forum. I saw Tony Green hand post about this place and I thought it was a must go to. Maybe someone can help me out with diagnosing my issue here.

The plants were looking real healthy until about a week or two ago when they really started developing these burnt looking tips.

I'm running a mars hydro 600 led on these 3 Orange Bubba Glue autos. I had the light about 18-20in away from the tops but I have bumped that up to about 26in, but the discoloration has only gotten worse. They are being grown in fabric pots in CoCo. I'm using dry amendments for the nutrients and started off the soil with some all purpose fertilizer and some "terp tea", mainly bat guano.

At about day 30 I had lightly top dressed with some 3-9-4 and have been watering with water at a ph level of about 6.2-6.5. These attached photos are from today which is day 44.

Maybe I top dressed to early and burnt them? From my understanding the dry amendments are hard to burn your plant with but what do I know?

Temp has been anywhere from 70-80f...and I only water when the soil is dry and the pots feel light.

As you can see only one plant is really affected by whatever is going on, the other two are only slightly affected. They have all been fed the same, watered the same, and their positions get rotated around in the tent every other day or so.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_100728175_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200926_100728175_HDR.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200926_100648884_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200926_100648884_HDR.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20200926_100636050_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200926_100636050_HDR.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200926_100539197.jpg
    IMG_20200926_100539197.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200926_100629683_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200926_100629683_HDR.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200926_100455421.jpg
    IMG_20200926_100455421.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 45

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hello y'all,

I'm new to the forum. I saw Tony Green hand post about this place and I thought it was a must go to. Maybe someone can help me out with diagnosing my issue here.

The plants were looking real healthy until about a week or two ago when they really started developing these burnt looking tips.

I'm running a mars hydro 600 led on these 3 Orange Bubba Glue autos. I had the light about 18-20in away from the tops but I have bumped that up to about 26in, but the discoloration has only gotten worse. They are being grown in fabric pots in CoCo. I'm using dry amendments for the nutrients and started off the soil with some all purpose fertilizer and some "terp tea", mainly bat guano.

At about day 30 I had lightly top dressed with some 3-9-4 and have been watering with water at a ph level of about 6.2-6.5. These attached photos are from today which is day 44.

Maybe I top dressed to early and burnt them? From my understanding the dry amendments are hard to burn your plant with but what do I know?

Temp has been anywhere from 70-80f...and I only water when the soil is dry and the pots feel light.

As you can see only one plant is really affected by whatever is going on, the other two are only slightly affected. They have all been fed the same, watered the same, and their positions get rotated around in the tent every other day or so.

Any help is appreciated!
That's magnesium deficiency.

https://i0.wp.com/growingorganic.co...-a-magnesium-deficiency.jpg?fit=600,800&ssl=1

This image is 00:08 minutes into the video.
https://growingorganic.com/cannabis-guide/how-to-treat-a-magnesium-deficiency/

The plants are in flowering and need more Mg.

Mr_Wax-Man

That's magnesium deficiency.

https://i0.wp.com/growingorganic.co...-a-magnesium-deficiency.jpg?fit=600,800&ssl=1

This image is 00:08 minutes into the video.
https://growingorganic.com/cannabis-guide/how-to-treat-a-magnesium-deficiency/

The plants are in flowering and need more Mg.

That was a suspicion of mine for sure, thanks for some confirmation. I thought it might be nute burn like the other two people were saying but it's all dry amendments I use...I have yet to see any grower burn their plants from amendments. I appreciate the links my friend!

Dkgrower

Veteran
Dont worrie, you have alot of fertiliser in the soil/coco, and when you let the medium dry out like that you get nutrient burns.

Just feed water the next times and dont let the pot dry out to that level, let it be more moist so increase your watering interval.

If the pot ditten dry out like that, you properly will not have had those nute burns

Bom Shiva

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Magnesium def starts with interveinal chlorosis, that means it turns yellow between the veins of the leafs. The yellowing in those pics seems to be only from the tips. I wouldn't wager it's magnesium, but then I don't gamble :)

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Magnesium def starts with interveinal chlorosis, that means it turns yellow between the veins of the leafs. The yellowing in those pics seems to be only from the tips. I wouldn't wager it's magnesium, but then I don't gamble :)
It isn't just the very characteristic yellow leaf tips. It is also the dark blueish color of the plant, which happens right before Mg deficiency starts destroying the leaves. And the plant is in flowering, when it needs more Mg, as well as P and K.

Mg deficiencies can look slightly different in different strains, at different stages of growth.

Before the leaves are most affected, the leaves are turning dark green even to a blueish purple, and thicken compared to healthy leaves. When it progresses, it looks more like a mobile nutrient deficiency affecting large fan leaves in the middle of the plant, and moving up node by node.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It isn't just the very characteristic yellow leaf tips. It is also the dark blueish color of the plant, which happens right before Mg deficiency starts destroying the leaves. And the plant is in flowering, when it needs more Mg, as well as P and K.

Mg deficiencies can look slightly different in different strains, at different stages of growth.

Before the leaves are most affected, the leaves are turning dark green even to a blueish purple, and thicken compared to healthy leaves. When it progresses, it looks more like a mobile nutrient deficiency affecting large fan leaves in the middle of the plant, and moving up node by node.
I've never heard of yellow tips being used to diagnose magnesium deficiency, and I'm pretty sure leaves turning blueish is lack of phosphorus, not magnesium. It also seems to be showing in the newer growth first, not the older growth, which would imply it's an immobile nutrient, not a mobile one. Also that picture you linked I would never visually say that's a magnesium deficiency, there is 0 interveinal chlorosis. These are just my opinions though :)

Mr_Wax-Man

I've never heard of yellow tips being used to diagnose magnesium deficiency, and I'm pretty sure leaves turning blueish is lack of phosphorus, not magnesium. It also seems to be showing in the newer growth first, not the older growth, which would imply it's an immobile nutrient, not a mobile one. Also that picture you linked I would never visually say that's a magnesium deficiency, there is 0 interveinal chlorosis. These are just my opinions though :)

It's showing in the older growth...there's a hand full of miscolored tips in newer growth but I'd say 90 percent is in the older leaves